Mama Brasil Hostel Reviews

Rua Itapeva, 88, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I stayed for a night but I've would like to stay longer. Great place to meet people to see the city and to have a comfortable bed.

• 29th Jun 2014

Wish i could have stayed longer! Keep up with the good work girls and guys! Regards, geoffrey from belgium

Charming little hostel in an excellent and safe location to explore SP. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful! It is only a very small hostel so only recommendation would be that avoid if you were looking for more of a party vibe. Nothing bad to say about it though

Great atmosphere, breakfast and staff!! Charm hostel!

Amazing staff, very nice location, had no problens during my stay there definitly would go back there!

Just stayed for 1 night, but we would stay longer. A small but very likely hostel. Thanks to Miriam for the very good information and help.

Great hostel, however it needs some improvement in the bathrooms and showers.

I really liked my stay at the Mama Brasil Hostel! Very nice atmosphere and great reception! Thanks a lot!

Sweet as bro, i had a smashing time!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Bruno works really hard to make sure the hostel is clean, guests are happy and have everything they need. Super-attentive staff all around. I had fun hanging out with them and the other guests in the bar during the evenings, and on the great little back garden during breakfast. I did NOT have any security problems-but having stayed at another hostel in São Paulo that was robbed, I saw room for improvement (cameras, check in procedures). It's a new hostel and surely improvements are on the way.

The place was very nice, all was clean and the staff was very helpful, but it's a place for older people, like 30 or more. It's close to a subway station and near to avenida paulista.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Chile

Fairly basic hostel but nice. Staff were nice The owners were around often and the lady made sure to chat to everyone. The location is a quiet, residential area. The hostel isn't suited to lone travellers looking to make friends but it's a lovely place for those looking for quiet respite. (Note also that the middle and top bunks are a little tricky to get into if you're not nimble!)

I've spent a great moment in this Hostel. Friendly Staff. Good service, spontaneous people. You feel like home and in a city like Sau Paulo you feel absolutely in holiday with an outside bar and cosy atmosphere! To suggest absolutely.

Thumbs up for Mama! Good internet, very friendly staff, clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, nice varierity at breakfast... everything what a good hostel should offer. I really could not find anything to complain about. We even had dinner one night with the owners and some other guests and the atmosphere was really good. It is a place more for a nice chat while you drink a beer, to enjoy good food. I felt super welcome and would definatly recommend it!

• 6th Mar 2014

The owners here are friendly and picked us up at the airport. Our room was a private one, downstairs at road level away from bathroom/kitchen, it had no window. It was a bit strange and disconnected from the main hostel, like a storage room, but comfortable enough. The breakfast was very simple and they kindly let us have it early for our early flight. The location is good and easy to walk to restaurants. But all in all we did not enjoy Sao Paulo as a destination. Would not visit Sao Paulo again

Good location, great and friendly staff.

We thought to have a better option with a 4bedroom but it has a window facing the reception area so it is noisy&small&cluttered even though its more expensive. We had a Brazilian roommate who blew our heads off with the fan overnight. The showers were bit dirty, while I had my breakfast in the already tiny kitchen a guy was chatting to the staff and actually happened to use his deodorant there...The owner receptionist girl was really helpful and nice! Good english spoken!

It is always very unfortunate when complains are voiced after the stay and not during it, robbing us of any opportunity to rectify the situation. I asure you that there is nothing that the Mama couldnt or wouldnt do to make every single guest comfortable. If we had known you can be sure that we could have found a compromise for the fan (maybe put it on the minimum?) or even offered you another bed. There is nothing that cannot be changed, we are there to make you feel comfortable. The Mama :)

Hello :-) I had an amazing Time at this hostel and strongly recommend it to everyone. The Hostel is placed Central and very close to the Financial District and to the Metro Station. The area is Safe to walk around during Day and Night And make it even more enjoyable. The staff is very friendly And Helpful in any case. Thank you Guys for an amazing Time. BeijoS a Mira Mwah Ebru

• 19th Feb 2014

Well connected from the airport and very friendly staff.

Just the perfect city hostel. Very friendly staff, nice bar,and music, and excellent facilities. In a pleasant location but within walking distance of the city centre, Ibirapuera Park, and local bars and restaurants. Very convenient for the airport bus and metro.