Mama Brasil Hostel Reviews

Rua Itapeva, 88, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Please keep in mind that this is a hostel. The place is clean and open. The room that I stayed in had broken window panes so they used pillow shams to cover certain parts, which isn't too bad since it's hot in Brazil. The toilet is next to the shower with no separation so water will go everywhere and the sink is located outdoors. The location is great though! It's really close to the metro and Paulista Ave is alive night or day.

Friendly staff, location is ok but up a steep hill, which however, gives a great view of the area. Nice hostel if you want a fairly chilled atmosphere and your mainly going to the beach

Pros: Good location, nice staff and good brakfast. Cons: the dorm next to the reception is noisy at any time. They charge you 5% more if you pay by credit card. There are many mosquitos. The garden doesn't have a roof.

Great small hostel, very clean. I lost my lock's key and they helped me to open the locker. Friendly staff, good beds, good showers. The one thing missing are hand towels on the bathrooms, and maybe a liquid soap also. Breakfast is good.

• 21st May 2015

Great breakfast, lockers in room on floor seem to be Brazil standard for hostels, but they can be quite noisy and frustrating to use. windows open in room, maybe reason i had several bites in the morning, again that is very common it seems in Brazil hostels. Not the most social hostel, but more quiet one. Friendly staff and good breakfast, good location - overall good stay.

I won't be able to stress this enough, the staff of this place is amazing. I had lost my luggage and may of my belongings and they helped me with everything they could. I'm very grateful towards them. It is also very well situated near Paulista Ave. and near a the Trianon-MASP subway station. The beds were comfy, the bathrooms were clean and the breakfast delicious.

Good location, Easy walk to paulista avenue and the metro. Quite outdoor area with a nice breakfast. Staff were helpful & had provided me with a good map of São Paulo with recommendations where to go & what to see. On my last day I wasn't leaving till 10pm and they were cool with me leaving my luggage and even waiting around in the communal areas for a few hours.

Really had a great stay. Staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming! Thanks!

Great little place close to Avenida Paulista-- only 20-something beds, and I always prefer small hostels. Staff is really helpful, the bathrooms are cleaned round- the-clock, beds are comfy, chargers for each bed, yummy breakfast, coffee all day, good lounge area to meet other travellers-- all in all, I would definitely go back! Perto da Avenida Paulista-- um hostel pequeno com apenas 20-poucos camas, mas eu sempre prefiro hostel assim, porque e mais facil conhecer a outros viajantes. 10/10!

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great vibe. It's small and has a home feeling! Would totally recommend

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Dominican Republic

Nice hostel and super friendly staff. worth going for. The Internet goes on and off sometimes but when it works is awesome. It's a good location with a small market right at the corner. Metro paulista is 5 minutes away. Thank you guys

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

I thought the hostel was great! Not too busy, very clean, friendly staff, good location. 👌

Espaço para o cafe da manhã possui uma mesa muito grande que tira espaço para circulação.

Everything was great. Staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Location was perfect for me because I wanted to go to the Museo de Arte Sao Paulo and it is only a couple blocks. It is conveniently located by the metro.

I was happy with my stay, hostel provides comfort and breakfast was enjoyable. However, one of the 2 nights I could hardly get any sleep due to people being loud at the reception/bar

best hostel ever, right by paulista, best staff ever… just loved this place…. spent one night only which was a total mistake, I should have stayed more! comfortable beds, good breakfast, most helpful staff ever.. This is a good example of what a hostel should be

We stayed here for one night just to see the city before flying out. This hostel was ideal for that, near a tube station and the staff we extremely helpful in telling us how to get around and where is good to go. The breakfast was nice and rooms clean with nice bunk beds. Over all a brilliant stay but what really made it for us was the staff they really did everything to help us and went out of there way to accommodate us! Definitely worth staying here :)

brilliant hostel!!! staff amazing

The location is really good because it is very close to Av. Paulista and the metro station Trianon-Masp. The place is confortable and the staff very nice. The price is more than affordable and the cleaning is good as well (they claim to clean the toilets every two hours, probably a bit less often than that, but still the cleaning was def ok). I wormly recommend this hostel, in Carnival period the samba school around the corner make some worm up and it is worth to go (it's just 2 mins walking)

• 7th Feb 2015

Awesome staff - Julian and his crew make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Great breakfast and good facilities, perfect location, and a great atmosphere for meeting other travellers. Cannot recommend highly enough!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4