Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse Reviews

NO.22 kangzhong ,Rd LiJingwang, Old Town Zone, Lijiang, China

Mama Naxi is located about a 15 minute taxi ride from Lijiang Railway station. The staff was very hospitable. The hostel is located about a 10 minute walk from Lijiang Ancient City. There is a convenience store located just outside of the hostel. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. If you can join a family dinner, it is well worth the 25 yuan. Delicious home cooked food. The hostel also helped us with booking our Tiger Leaping Gorge tickets.

The staff was incredibly helpful and kind, willing at any time to chat with me, problem-solve about travel, and offer their opinions and advice. I was especially touched when, arriving at the hostel ten minutes before the family's dinner, I asked if it was still possible to join for the "family-style dinner," and because no other guests had requested the dinner that night, they invited me to join their family to eat. It was so kind, and a highlight of the visit for me!

A very nice little hostel 10 min outside the old town, but quiet. The staff are super friendly and helpful, they will try to make you feel as if you were at home :-)

Mama Naxi is a lovely women so is her daughter. The room we had was clean and nice, worth your money. We came to Lijiang to do the Tiger Leaping George, Mama Naxi arranged our trip for a good price. The place is a little hard to find, but after you show the address in Chinese characters you will get there easily. Lijiang old town is on walk distance (5-10 min) from Mama Naxi. We were happy not to stay in the busy touristic old town, but just a few block away were it is much more peacefull.

The located difficult to find it.

Great place, good location and friendly staff. I recommend it especially for people who are planning to do the Tiger Leaping Gorge.

The daughter of mama Naxi is just fantastic. Always smiling and ready to help you and put a honey bun or a fresh apple in your hand.

Such a nice place and shahan is such a nice hostess and so helpful I stayed with my brother and it was great ... Outside of the old city (for me it's a benefit) walking distance from it.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Israel

Lovely guesthouse with really comfortable beds. The group dinner in the evenings is delicious too. Good location and they can organise cheap transport on to Tiger Leaping Gorge.

Superb host & location! Close to old town, bus station, train ticket office and so on. My best guesthouse for 10 years travelling in China so far ;)

This guesthouse was excellent and we would highly recommend it to other travellers. The dorm room was spacious with a large bathroom and attached balcony. There were plenty of places for travellers to congregate and make new friends. We especially loved the second floor balcony/sunroom. Mama Naxi was very knowledgable and well prepared with maps and information (about everything we asked about!). They also rent bicycles, organise bus tickets, hold family dinners and offer use of washing machine.

• 27th Oct 2015

good basic place. they helped me figure out logistics of tiger leaping gorge hike

Very homely feeling hostel a little out of the old town of lijiang. The staff are very friendly and welcoming- family dinner is a must!!! Not far away from the major bus station- only 2mins walk. Think the staff could do themselves a favour by giving walking directions from the bus station rather than picking you up- its a very easy walk! Everything is spotless and the showers have plenty of hot water!

We had a really nice and clean bedroom, just perfect! We liked the family dinner. Best price quality hostel till now.

We stayed at a private double room. The room was very nice but there was no door between the bedroom and the bathroom.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Israel

The owner and her husband were super nice. They speak fluent English . She hired a cap for me with reasonable price. she help us make travel plan in Lijiang and also recommend some side trip. The house was very clean , beautiful and safe. We enjoyed the traditional food with others friends from all around the world among the dinner time. The location is very good, near the bus station and just 10 minute walk to the old town. This is the most beautiful hostel i ever stay i my life. LOVE IT!!!

The food is amaaaazing :)

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse is just a stonethrow away from the old town. The guesthouse is very nice and super clean. I can really recommend this for a relaxing stay in Lijiang. The private rooms are similar to hotel rooms and also the dorms are big and very comfortable.

There are three mama naxi- 1 and 3 are both in the old city. We stayed in the new number 22 which is 7 minutes walk from the old city. Its very western and clean. In the huge 8 people dorms, the beds are big, and there are big lockers. We always had hot water and water pressure in the shower. Don't miss the really delicious and diverse family style dinner (25¥). Luggage storage was free when we went to the tiger leaping gorge (ride from the hostel-40¥). Highly recommend this hostel

Rooms are spacoius and bright, there is a very nice terrace that is perfect to chill out and finally the owner speaks English and picked us up at the bus station!