Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse Reviews

Wuyi steer WangJiaZhuang Alley 70#, Ancient Town, Lijiang, China

Firstly, no one to introduce the anything inside the hostel. The staff just give us the room key and didn't introduce their hostel and the city. Secondly, the Locker is out side from the sleeping room so it is inconvenient. Also, the locker we rent CANNOT be locked ! Thirdly, there is three toilets but ONLY ONE of them is seat . However it is not easy to find a seat toilet in China. Also there is no any toilet paper inside the toilet. Fourthly, the power of shower is not stable.

Difficult to find but close to everything and a lovely homely feel. Great Breakfast.

I stayed originally for 3 nights, then went off to do the 2 day Tiger Leaping Gorge trek. Wen I got back to Lijiang, I stayed another 4 nights at Mama Naxi's. I think that says it all.

The main reason is simply location. Bang in old town close to everything you need. Nearly all other hostels are miles away! Perfect for couples, groups but not great for lone travellers as there is almost zero atmosphere! Mama Naxi is lovely and her family is lovely. But you don't feel like a customer i felt like i was staying at my in-laws. Welcomed but uncomfortable at same time.

Really nice hostel!! Good location, nice staff!

리장고성 숙소 중 한국인에게 가장 알려진 숙소인데 기대만큼은 아니었다,,방에서 와이파이가 안되고 욕실 배수가 안좋아 공용샤워실을 이용했다. 공용 휴게공간이 너무 작아서 일행 7-8명들어가면 꽉찼다,,서양식 아침식사는 값에 비해 푸짐해서 좋았다,주변관광지 빵차이용을 주선해주는것도 좋았음

• 16th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

perfect family hostel on trekking the tiger leaping gorge stay for two days is recommended

Fantastic family run hostel, great breakfast, good advice, good atmosphere. Nothing bad to say.

We wish Mama Naxi good health!

This hostel felt like home from home! Thank you all so much for making our visit to Lijiang an amazing memory. Also, thanks again to Mama Naxi for helping me when I was hungover, the coffee and scrambled eggs cured me! Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in, anywhere!

We really enjoyed our stay at Mama Naxi's. We felt immediately welcomed when we arrived at the guesthouse. The staff was really helpful and the rooms were clean. The location was good, right in the old town. Would stay here again.

Second time i stay with mama naxi and once again it was a wonderful expierence! Mama and the staff treated us like star guests! we had a private room and we were veey happy to have such a nice warm shower! If i ever go back to lijiang i will have no doubt in were im going to stay. Thank you mama and all the staff for making my brothers and my trip so nice!!!

Difficult to find when first arriving at Lijiang. I think better directions could be given. Overall it is a great place to stay. Staff are friendly although Mama does not speak much English and communication can be difficult with her. That said her two helpers in the reception speak pretty good English. Atmosphere wasn't great due to travelling out of the main tourist season and I felt security was pretty lacking. Seemed like anyone could - and mama's friends did - just walk in freely.

It was very difficult to find the hostel, even Chinese people did not manage to help us... We were disappointed when we arrived because they were renovating the hostel so the facilities were not available (breakfast etc.). Mama was nice and some staff gave us some advice / help us with the train tickets. Quite good impression

Love Mama

It's pretty complicated to find the hostel upon first arrival but easier later. The restroom was really clean. Walking was about 10 min to the main square which fancy many shops and food along the way. con : no personal locker inside dorm room

delicious fried rice and wonderful garden

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Vietnam

Definitely one of my favorite hostels. Ever. A little tricky to find (but what place in the old town isn't?!) but if you call the staff then they're really quick at coming to find you. Dorms are clean and secure with huge lockers. The hostel has a lot of character and a great atmosphere. Mama and the team are fun and always happy to help out, rent you bikes etc. I loved it so much I kept extending my time in Lijiang.

Location is in the rabbit warren that is the old town. Finding it the first time can be tricky. Also bus stop is outside the old town so not terribly accessible. Staff are great and hostel facilities are good. Bathrooms are clean

We had a very nice stay. The food was great and so was the staff. We met wonderful people there. Things to do better: we would have loved the showers to be in a closed room and the water to have a little more presure. The rest was really fine

• 3rd Nov 2013