Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse Reviews

Wuyi steer WangJiaZhuang Alley 70#, Ancient Town, Lijiang, China

Not very easy to find because it's in the middle of the old village which is a big labyrinth of lights, restaurants and shops! Staff was not really friendly or welcoming but the room we got was very cozy and rustic.

very nice japanese receptionist and nice staff there

Mama Naxis was good value for the price. Staff were helpful especially the young woman. The guy not as much. This was not the main property and I didnt get to see Mama Naxi. The driver organised through the guest house was excellent

• 22nd Oct 2014

really well located right in the centre of the old town. The building is beautiful and rustic, giving you a real sense of the area. although it is an old building and it gets pretty cold at night, the rooms were surprisingly fairly warm and they had electric blankets too :D staff were very helpful, we booked through them to go to tiger leaping gorge (which is stunning by the way-stay at the halfway house-it was awesome!) which we recommend too. We really enjoyed our stay here

Very hospitable and welcoming. Mama Naxi and her staff took great care of us. Highly recommend it.

Thank you to Mama Naxi for her warm hospitality, for chatting with me while making me tea and giving me pears from her tree. I am very grateful to her and her guest house manager for helping me arrange my transportation to Qiaotou at the wee hours of the morning. Loved the decor, felt very relaxed and comfortable and would definitely stay here again

best hostel in china!

definitely would come back again! I really enjoyed the stay-- the location is good if you want to be away from the super hustle and bustle but still want to be close to things. Lijiang is a walking city anyway so I welcomed that wandering :) mama naxi is super sweet haha, she obviously knew plane food sucked so she have me a peach and moon cake for the ride :)

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Singapore

we took dorm beds. the rooms were clean. there was no wifi in the rooms and for the dorm people from 3 showers only 1 with hot water and from 3 restrooms only one with toilet. the rooms are locked with locker's locks, no soap in the restrooms, no washing machine - you can do it by hand above the sink and they'll charge for 1 yuan per an item (wtf) there an option to order a bus to the tiger leaping gorge and leave some of the stuff there. Shaw, the guy at he reception helped us a lot.

Really, the best part of the guest house is staff, especially Mama Naxi. They walked us from the front of the Lijang gates to the hostel, helped us arrange transport to and from the airport, helped us arrange our tour, etc. Mama Naxi is FABULOUS and cook a mean sandwich, FYI :-)

Despite a cleanliness that could be improved as well as some of the bathrooms' ventilation to prevent humidity, the Guesthouse is comfortable and remarkably located in the centre of the old town. Everything is walking distance from the Guesthouse which very convenient. Many activities can be organised from the Guesthouse (bike rental, airport transfers, Tiger Leaping Gorges treks, etc.).

• 28th Jul 2014

Excellent hostel. My son and I were ther in 2010 ans came again this summer with great pleasure. Mama Naxi is so friendly and nice with everybody. Her husband is very nice too.

Really great hostel in a good location, nice quiet courtyard to escape the Lijiang madness.

Mama naxi guesthous is way overated and expensive for what you are actually getting. The room was moldy and smelled funny. The share toilets wasn't high maintained, although the shower had a good hot water pressure all day long. The mama naxi herself is a nice women (though very loud), but the rest of the staff was not friendly at all. The restaurant is very basic and beacause it's also mama naxi's personal space and the guesthouse common space it is not welcoming at all.

A nice location in a nice town. Staff, other than the friendly owner, sometimes rather confrontational. Booked a twin room and were given a slightly run down, small double room with a missing window pane.

Lijiang old city is expensive - accommodation and food. It's a city to wander in and get lost, frequently though I always found the hostel again. Two days is enough to see anything worth seeing before joining a bus/group to head for Tiger-Leaping Gorge and Shangra-la and then sechuan.

Some of the staff wasn't so nice... Mama naxi herself is amazing! Gives out food all the time. Wifi has some problems.

This place is small, cozy and friendly. The wifi is good. But it's more like a guest house than a hostel and doesn't have a lot of rooms, laundry or a bar. We didn't eat there, but it seemed that Mama Naxi would cook for you in her kitchen and you could eat in the courtyard. It was difficult to find, but right in the heart of touristy Lijiang.