Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse Reviews

Wuyi steer WangJiaZhuang Alley 70#, Ancient Town, Lijiang, China

Thank you to Mama Naxi for her warm hospitality, for chatting with me while making me tea and giving me pears from her tree. I am very grateful to her and her guest house manager for helping me arrange my transportation to Qiaotou at the wee hours of the morning. Loved the decor, felt very relaxed and comfortable and would definitely stay here again

definitely would come back again! I really enjoyed the stay-- the location is good if you want to be away from the super hustle and bustle but still want to be close to things. Lijiang is a walking city anyway so I welcomed that wandering :) mama naxi is super sweet haha, she obviously knew plane food sucked so she have me a peach and moon cake for the ride :)

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Singapore

we took dorm beds. the rooms were clean. there was no wifi in the rooms and for the dorm people from 3 showers only 1 with hot water and from 3 restrooms only one with toilet. the rooms are locked with locker's locks, no soap in the restrooms, no washing machine - you can do it by hand above the sink and they'll charge for 1 yuan per an item (wtf) there an option to order a bus to the tiger leaping gorge and leave some of the stuff there. Shaw, the guy at he reception helped us a lot.

Really, the best part of the guest house is staff, especially Mama Naxi. They walked us from the front of the Lijang gates to the hostel, helped us arrange transport to and from the airport, helped us arrange our tour, etc. Mama Naxi is FABULOUS and cook a mean sandwich, FYI :-)

Despite a cleanliness that could be improved as well as some of the bathrooms' ventilation to prevent humidity, the Guesthouse is comfortable and remarkably located in the centre of the old town. Everything is walking distance from the Guesthouse which very convenient. Many activities can be organised from the Guesthouse (bike rental, airport transfers, Tiger Leaping Gorges treks, etc.).

• 28th Jul 2014

Excellent hostel. My son and I were ther in 2010 ans came again this summer with great pleasure. Mama Naxi is so friendly and nice with everybody. Her husband is very nice too.

Really great hostel in a good location, nice quiet courtyard to escape the Lijiang madness.

Mama naxi guesthous is way overated and expensive for what you are actually getting. The room was moldy and smelled funny. The share toilets wasn't high maintained, although the shower had a good hot water pressure all day long. The mama naxi herself is a nice women (though very loud), but the rest of the staff was not friendly at all. The restaurant is very basic and beacause it's also mama naxi's personal space and the guesthouse common space it is not welcoming at all.

A nice location in a nice town. Staff, other than the friendly owner, sometimes rather confrontational. Booked a twin room and were given a slightly run down, small double room with a missing window pane.

Lijiang old city is expensive - accommodation and food. It's a city to wander in and get lost, frequently though I always found the hostel again. Two days is enough to see anything worth seeing before joining a bus/group to head for Tiger-Leaping Gorge and Shangra-la and then sechuan.

Some of the staff wasn't so nice... Mama naxi herself is amazing! Gives out food all the time. Wifi has some problems.

This place is small, cozy and friendly. The wifi is good. But it's more like a guest house than a hostel and doesn't have a lot of rooms, laundry or a bar. We didn't eat there, but it seemed that Mama Naxi would cook for you in her kitchen and you could eat in the courtyard. It was difficult to find, but right in the heart of touristy Lijiang.

Had a great time here. Very chilled out in the inner courtyard which the best rooms overlook (105 or 106). Easy to sort out Tiger Leaping Gorge trip and located near the "quieter" end of Lijiang which is basically like a Chinese Blackpool with UNESECO world heritage status and more clubs.

Naxi mama is very friendly who gave me lots of advices. Enjoy my stay in LiJiang. Highly recommend!

• 14th May 2014
  • Taiwan

I was really surprised when I arrived to Mama Naxi GuestHouse! Before I read only positive comments and only several complaigns about location. Unfortunatelly I have to agree, that hostel is really hard to find, but the good thing is, that is located in Lijiang Old Town. The second problem for me was the staff. The guy in reception (from Wuhan) was totally rude. Every time I asked him something, it was really hard for him to answer. He really doesn't like foreigners. Only Mama Naxi was cool!

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

I initially went to Mama Naxi #1 where the lady running it was quite rude and unhelpful in finding the other hostel (Mama Naxi #3). The hostel overall is not bad however there are many options in the old town of Lijiang.

Nice and quiet place, which is important due the location.

Firstly, no one to introduce the anything inside the hostel. The staff just give us the room key and didn't introduce their hostel and the city. Secondly, the Locker is out side from the sleeping room so it is inconvenient. Also, the locker we rent CANNOT be locked ! Thirdly, there is three toilets but ONLY ONE of them is seat . However it is not easy to find a seat toilet in China. Also there is no any toilet paper inside the toilet. Fourthly, the power of shower is not stable.

Difficult to find but close to everything and a lovely homely feel. Great Breakfast.