Mama Simona Hostel Reviews

Calle Ceniza 364, Barrio de San Pedro, Cusco, Peru

shower was not always hot and no water pressure - not ideal after a 4 day hike with limited bathroom facilities and wi fi was a bit hit and miss - not very reliable..

• 14th Jul 2014

Wifi must be better. Beside that, it's a awesome hostel!

Wonderful hostel! The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. There are free maps and unlimited coca tea and coffee, plus free breakfast (bread, jam, juice). Rooms are spacious, showers are hot, there's a mini library of guidebooks, and the beds are the most comfortable I've encountered in any hostel. Lockers are provided in rooms and they have free luggage storage if you're leaving for a few days. Know that if you arrive before check-in time, you may have to wait for your room.

We had so much fun. Thank you to the staff at Mama Simona!

Great place to rest and acclimate before a trek. Coca tea available 24/7. Close to San Pedro market and the main plazas.

Sorry for the bad review but beware of multi day stays! Their reservation system is absolutely incapable. Booked 5 nights, but upon arrival got told that I 'll have to change dorm twice. On day 3 they said they have my reservation for only 3 nights but I can stay 1 more. On day 4 they said I dont have to change room, so the group of 6 who had booked the room got told they will be in separate rooms. And on day 5 I had to leave the hostel because it was fully booked without me. same for another gu

Mama Simona is a great place to stay in Cusco. It is a very short walk from the main plaza, and located on what seems to be a safe street. The atmosphere was a little strange, not very lively, but nothing to complain about.

Clean hostel with nice rooms, some of the best wifi we have come across, breakfast is jam and bread, would recommend to anyone

A solid if not quirky option for any traveller looking to relax before and/or after a trip to the Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley etc. Hot showers and comfortable beds meant I was never cold. Breakfast is your standard rolls and jam. There is a travel agency on site and good locker and luggage storage options.

very nice and friendly place to relax. Clean rooms and toilets, hot showers, excellent breakfast with fresh fruit juice, free 24h coca tea, helpful and friendly staff, modern computers - what more can one want :) would definitely recommend it

great place. its not a party house but the floors creak loudly and the hallways echo, so if you are a light sleeper, you will probably wake up whenever people get up to use bathrooms which could mean 4:30am. also a little farther than other hostels in historic center but worked in our favor as there was a huge event in San Francisco Plaza with loud music and people all day until 10pm, and getting away from it all was nice definitely recommend. simple and comfortable.

Nice Hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The Hostel has everything you need ...

We booked a room with 2 beds. So we thought that we were going to sleep in twin beds but we got a small room with bunk beds. It is the only negative thing that i have to tell about this hostel. Clean and comfortable room. Good breakfast. Hot showers. Nice shared area and kitchen. Lockers to let your luggage when you go to Machu Picchu. 5 minutes walking to town center and supermarket.

This is a really great hostel. I came here to chill out and relax before Machu Picchu and thats exactly what happened. Breakfast, wifi and lockers are great. Staff are helpful. Beds comfortable. And you can get a decent sleep. I was tired of the party hostels and came here to relax. Totally recommend this place.

Mama Simona is a great hostel, building wise. It's got a good decor, it's big, the beds are comfortable and there is a nice big dining area, as well as a little private computer/library. But, my experience there wasn't necessarily a positive one.

Loved this place! Highly recommended!

I chose this hostel because it said it was NOT a party hostel and quiet. It definitely didn't seem like a party hostel but the building being older sound did carry a bit loudly. There was a kitchen which is always a plus. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

Very cosy hostel, comfortable big beds with down duvets, big and safe lockers, clean bathrooms, free mate...If you're cold at night you can ask for a second duvet. The satff is very nice and helpful. Perfect!

• 15th Mar 2014

This was def. one of the best hostels I stayed in ever. The room and beds are awesome. I stayed the first night with a friend in a twin room with own bath. and the second night in a 4 bed dorm. Both had their own bathroom and were stunning. The hostel has also a great breakfast and a kitchen u can use after breakfast time. The common area is great, free tea and wifi. They have lockers in all sizes and in the dorms as well for valuables. I highly recommend this hostel very close to main square

Well organized, very good breakfast.