• Calle Ceniza 364, Barrio de San Pedro, Cusco, Peru

8.8
Fabulous 310 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 310 Total Reviews
Mama Simona Hostel Located at Calle Ceniza 364, Barrio de San Pedro, Cusco.
Peru
Cusco Calle Ceniza 364, Barrio de San Pedro
88% 310
-13.5178376 -71.9839453
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

Super clean and comfortable. Felt incredibly safe and looked after. Highly recommend if you like something fairly low key and restful

25th Nov 2016

Mama Simona is more like a boutique hostel. This trip I was not trying to get drunk and party hard since I was doing a lot of hiking. Mama Simona fit the bill. Mellowed crowd, 24/7 coca tea to beat altitude sickness. I stayed before and after my hike in a 4-bed dorm room and a private room. Both were 10/10 for cleanliness and space. Hot water in the shower at 1 AM. Wifi doesn't reach the rooms. I'd stay again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

The staff are really friendly. If you are looking for a calm and quiet place to stay, this is it. The showers were mostly hot and the blankets were warm. Its close to the market too. Great place to stay!!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Nov 2016

Stayed for 4 nights before a treking trip, and another night afterwards. Lovely hostel a 10 min walk from the historic centre of Cusco. Very basic breakfast, but you could purchase eggs for 3.50 PEN to add. Wi-fi worked well in the common rooms and downstairs dorm rooms. The rooms were nice, had big lockers and were clean. Hot water was a bit touch and go. Staff were very helpful and they would help book day tours for you. Hostel has a number of lockers if you are checking out and then back .

10th Oct 2016
7.7

Came to Cusco last year & stayed in a party hostel. This time w/ my dad I wanted to stay somewhere quiet w/o the crazy party scene. My dad & I were on tours everyday so we were only at the hostel to sleep/shower. It was quiet, clean w/ comfortable beds. Breakfast starts @ 6, has coffee, tea, etc. bread for free. Eggs available for a small charge. Only annoying thing was no wifi in the rooms only in the lobby w/ small seating area. A bit of a walk from main plaza but worth it for the quiet!

7th Sep 2016

We had a great stay at Mama Simona before and after our Inca Trail trek. The private ensuite room we got was awesome, it was clean, comfortable, had adequate storage space for our stuff and I wasn't expecting the room to be cleaned every day so that was a nice surprise! They provided two bottle of water, shampoo and soap for us to use, which was also unexpected but a great addition to our stay. The common area, computer room and kitchen/dining room were very nice to have as well.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 31-40
28th Aug 2016

Huge hostel with great layout - we literally only stayed for a night on the way back from Machu Picchu and flying out of the country but would totally recommend the hostel. Very secure, in what seemed like a nice location, with friendly staff and a very comfortable room with ensuite.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

Can't get much better than this hostel - wifi was in and out but that's common for the city. Clean and big beds with individual plugs and lights - super stable bunk beds and big lockers for your things. The kitchen is kept clean and you can make your own food easily - they have great luggage storage too for when you go on the treks. Would highly recommend!!

11th Aug 2016
2.0

They charged me a hidden fee even when I went back to show them in my email from them that I wasn't required to pay it they did absolutely nothing to help. They didn't even try. Very unhelpful. There are plenty of better and cheaper places to stay in Cuzco.

• larkinniall
  • Ireland, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
3rd Aug 2016

Stayed here three nights after our Machu picchu trek and it was a perfect place to stay to relax. It is a quiet hostel and the staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. There was hot water and the WiFi works well in the main reception area. The option to add eggs to your breakfast for a small cost was also an added bonus. I would recommend staying here if you want to avoid the party hostels.