Mama Waldy Hostel Reviews

Getsemani Calle la Sierpe No 29-03, Cartagena, Colombia

After a really long journey to cartagena we were really disapoointed in the room, I came with my dad and specifically booked a twin room, to find it was a double but we wouldn't have booked it if we'd known that. They said they'd tried to change it but it wouldn't let them, however they could email people to let them know. They said they would bring a bed for us but after 7pm there was not a single member of staff there to help. We ended up leaving the next morning.

Kind of dirty and unorganized, but staff was friendly

Great hostel in a quiet street. The rooms are small but totally adequate for what you need. The staff are friendly and helpful.

This is a seriously good place. The staff are mostly from one family and they are so friendly and happy to help out at all times. They keep the place clean and it's no problem to leave stuff with them if you go exploring for a few days. You can pay by card which is handy, breakfast is free, different places to sit out and right by a really cool square where people just go and hang out in the evening for drinks and food etc. Good vibes and good times. Highly recommended.

• 5th Feb 2015

The staff was kind but the bathroom needs serious work (no cold water, no shower so you have to use a douche), the music was really loud until like 11:30 pm for no reason, kitchen and bathroom were dirty imo.

Overpriced. Zero attention from staff members - we were left waiting for our unmade beds when the hostel's online policy says 'check in at any time.' No welcome information about the hostel (breakfast or checkout times) or city info or maps. Dirty sheets - found an old contact lens on the pillow. No public bathrooms - randoms coming into our dorm to use the WC, even early in the morning when most were still asleep. Decent breakfast but not enough sitting room to enjoy. Good wifi and location.

I was in Cartagena in peak season and booked the cheapest place available. This place is OK considering everywhere else is so much more expensive. I didn't like that the plaster on the wall next to my bunk was falling off, and anything brushing against it was covered in white dust. However the bunk itself was sturdy and comfortable. The bathroom was inside the dorm and frequently people not staying in the dorm would come inside to use the bathroom. Breakfast was good

The staff seemed careless for customer service, the room was not ready when we arrived at 4 pm. They don't have a computer where to check the reservation or how much you paid/owed through hostel world. The rooms are next to the social area so there is a lot of noise. Breakfast should be self service and.they should.be more.proactive in regards of the information that you need when you first arrive to their facilities. I'll select a different hostel for my next trip to Cartagena.

I loved it! everything was amazing and in a fantastic location!

No hot water. Dirty and smelly. In poor repair (a drainpipe into the shower from somewhere?). Lockers can be broken into by a 5 year old. Staff is friendly-ish but doesnt speak a word of english.

Place is great. William was so helpful sorting us out when we had no accommodation on new years day. They had a BBQ on new years eve and the food was fantastic. Great WiFi, very close to plaza Trinidad which has a great atmosphere every night, make sure you try the burgers the make on the stall there.

• 30th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, nicely located in a quiet area but close to the historic center. Hostel however not the best: it does not really have a atmosphere which makes you want to spend time at the hostel. Facilities are rather poor, beds are uncomfortable, rooms are stuffy and lockers are barely lockable.

Did not stay there as when we arrived they did not have a place for us. Supposedly Hostelworld's fault as they allowed booking of unexisting beds... Will I see my deposit back Hostelworld????

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

Nice chill hostel only a block away from all the party hostels, bars, and city walls entrance. It was awesome to have such a quiet place so close to all the other night time action. Area felt totally safe and is close to markets, restaurants, and bike rental(1st hour free). AC worked really well too!

Great breakfast (fresh fruit and bread and coffee/tea) and likeable staff. But no locks on room doors and stuffy rooms and mosquitoes.

I don't think this hostel is very good value for money at $14 per night for a 4 bed dorm with no AC and a tiny bathroom. The cleanliness was average and the room had a mould smell. It's on a quite street, but 1 night music was being played loud until late so the same as all the other party hostels. I think they should spend money on the rooms not large TVs, xbox and Netflix which most people won't use. I also had to work out the bill on check out. The staff are nice and friendly however.

Friendly staff. They don't speak English. Had lots of bed bug bites.

Lo mejor de este Hostal son Los trabajadores te hacen sentir en casa. Recomiendo a Los viajeros que agarren un cuarto con a/c ya que la humedad de Cartagena Es insoportable.

The stay in this hostel was really nice. The breakfast is really good for the price, lots of fruit. I felt really confy and I had no complains. Its close to the historic part of the city which is the most beautiful place in Cartagena. In general its good located.

• 30th Nov 2014