Mama Waldy Hostel Reviews

Getsemani Calle la Sierpe No 29-03, Cartagena, Colombia

Had a great stay at Mama Waldy, Very cozy and staff are very friendly. Felt as if I was staying with a Colombian family which was a great experience!

It's a good hostel with an excellent "local" staff (Walter & his brother) available and friendly. We spoke about our stay and they agree that there's some changes to do like breakfast, kitchen, fridge and the bikes they are for the hosts. I think this hostel has an enormous potential and a great future if they continue to work like this. About the price, Cartagena is expensive so they are like others. At the end, It's a good hostel

I stayed two nights at Mama Waldy, I had booked a 4 bed dorm but got placed in a 6 bed dorm. The room was really hot but luckily had airconditioning and there was an ensuite. I heard staff often having to shuffle people around into different rooms so I'm not sure if they need to improve their booking system? Breakfast was included but only consisted of 3 pieces of warm bread. Good location. Colombian staff friendly but one girl often seemed to be inconvenienced by guests.

Terrible breakfast

• 30th Mar 2014

Your friendlyness is really appriciated. your helping out whenever we ask. We enjoy the friendly atmosphere, we had a great time! one suggestion: breakfast could be expended

• 9th Mar 2014

new jersey gal was a huge help! good place to stay, watch out for cartagena police, they will search you anytime and are very corrupt. take ur money out of your wallet when they are patting you down

the environment was great, i met a lot of great people. willian and walter were very helpful

• 24th Feb 2014

For me, perferct place to stay in Cartegena, closed to everything, great LOCAL staff, great atmosphere with mamy who cooks and share everything with those chat a litlle with the staff, great advises about to do. From brasil to Colombia so far the best hostel !

Great hostel, good atmosphere and super friendly staff. Location is perfect, and you'll feel the spirit of the caribbean people full on : relaxed!

My partner and I booked a 4-person dorm room and came to find that we were booked into the wrong room. We decided to go for the full size bed in the 4-bed dorm since the beds were doubled-booked. We asked if it was possible to get the room for less as we were now occupying one bed with more people in the room. They agreed to a slight reduction, but found out later that the actual price was signficantly lower. We would appreciate it if they kept their prices consistent and bookings accurate.

The hostel is an open house: doors are open, people walk in and out all day! This definitely creates a lively "living room" atmosphere, but if you are looking for a quiet spot to relax and calm down, I would not recommend to stay there. The staff (family and volunteers) are nice to chat to, but I missed tips and initiative on things to be done/seen in Cartagena/surroundings. The bathrooms could do with a bit more care (I'd prefer a showerhead instead of water pouring out of a hole in the wall).

Great family run hostel with a very good friendly laid back vibe. Close to the old city and a half block from lots of bars so either adventure is right around the corner. Very recomended. Thanks for the fun and memories.

• 18th Jan 2014

Great localization and atmosfer!!!!!

Mama Waldy is a great hostel in a perfect location. I booked 2 nights but have stayed for 8. This family run hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere and it feels like you're in your own home. The facilities are good with a kitchen, free breakfast and wi/fi, music, Xbox and a huge tv. The rooms are cleaned daily, some of which have air con, so cleanliness is fine. The staff are amazing, very friendly and helpful, always there so it's secure and speak many languages. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Jan 2014

Great Great Great Great Staff. Facilities are average, which is common in cartagena. Great location.

Great little hostel. Awesome location and very friendly staff.

This hostel is great! I liked the location very much! William, his brother and the other people helping where great! Very kind and helpfull with getting around. Thank you guys for Salsa in the Plaza! That was a fun party!!

• 5th Nov 2013

This is a great family owned and run hostel! I stayed in Cartagena for almost 3 weeks studying English and was very welcomed by the staff, who were always more then willing to help me with my homework and practice my Spanish! I recommend this hostel to anyone looking to meet cool new people and stay in a homely environment! A good place to party for a couple nights as well as have some quiet nights in!

• 23rd Oct 2013

I stayed there only for one night and everything was good, not exceptionally good but I slept well and I have appreciated the location and the neighborhood (getsemani).

• 20th Oct 2013