Mama Waldy Hostel Reviews

Getsemani Calle la Sierpe No 29-03, Cartagena, Colombia

The stay in this hostel was really nice. The breakfast is really good for the price, lots of fruit. I felt really confy and I had no complains. Its close to the historic part of the city which is the most beautiful place in Cartagena. In general its good located.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Set a common bathroom

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Stay here, the jam of jams.

I initially booked 3 nights at this place. I then wanted to stay longer in Cartgena and booked 7 extra nights directly with the hostel. On my last day, it turned out that twit staff have not updated their online account and took too many bookings. They kicked some people out including myself to take those with online reservation. After using their laundry service, 2 of my tshirts came back with some yellow strings all over them and had to throw them away.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

This is a great hostel! Friendly and clean. The location couldn't be better to be honest. Close to the walled part of town and right by a plaza where people hang at night. Me and my friend stayed in the mixed dorm with ac and we were both very comfortable. :)

Very friendly and helpful, if you need, they make an early breakfast for you!

Great atmosphere if you're looking to party

A very comfortable, friendly and good family hostel. The hostel is a good combination between a party and relaxed hostel It is in a safe area and really and close to the beautiful center. The rooms are clean have all an own bathroom and the beds are comfortable. The Hostel is next to the Plaza Trinidad and that is where the best Parties are going on! We really enjoyed our staz in the Mama Waldy Hostel!

While the staff is lovely and super accommodating, this hostel suffers from a case of trying to fit too many beds in too small a space. Definely get aircon, you'll need it!

The staff and the other visitors were some of the friendliest most accommodating persons I've ever encountered while traveling. Everyone worked to improve each other person's experience and was very respectful. The location was unbeatable, and while the rooms were sparse the value really cannot be beat. Towels were provided and bedding was as well. There were lots of english speakers, and free breakfast of fruit, toast and coffee.

• 7th Nov 2014

Um hostel administrado realmente pela família, o que dá ao lugar um tom de casa. Mas não pense que por isso no hostel o ambiente e as pessoas não são animadas, lembre-se de que você está indo para uma das cidades mais agitadas do caribe colombiano. Roupa de cama limpa, ótimo café da manhã e localizado no bairro mais procurado hoje pelos viajantes. Muito obrigado Falimia "W" dos "picaretas" do Brasil. Hasta Luego!

• 5th Oct 2014

The room we booked wasn't ready the day we checked in so we had to be moved to another room for the remainder of our stay and we weren't refunded the amount as the room we booked was more expensive. Our only major complaint was that there was often loud music at night making it hard to sleep.

• 27th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. They are so helpful and friendly. Great location close to the bars and the walled city. Lovely atmosphere.

• 11th Sep 2014

I've stayed at the hostel over a week now and its really nice and welcoming staff. They got fast Wi-Fi too which is important for me. Good value for the money!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Saludos a todos, hasta luego!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

A great small family run hostel in the perfect location for exploring all of cartagena. Close to lots of cheap great food and the always vibrant plaza Trinidad is just down the street. The family will do everything they can to make you feel at home. The rooms are comfortable if not incredibly modern and there's a kitchen and living area including a computer for internet access and an xbox360 for game competitions. One night they even hosted a free tango lesson. You'll have a great time here

The crew are amazing, very lovely. But the infra-structure is a lot bad. Room with air-conditioner didn't have where to hang the shower... so yoy have to take the shower with one hand holding the "shower tap". Also the walls of the bathroom need to be done, seems like they didnt finish it yet.

If you want meet the locals and have an awesome time, this is the Place. The family is really awesome, actually Hermes one of the son´s owner showed us all the best places to eat, drink and have party and we hanged out with him almost every day, so we had an amazing time in Cartagena. 100% recommended.

Great hostel wicked vibes and the young guy who works there is a legend! Owners could smile more!

I thought I had booked a dorm (4 pers) with AC but unfortunately this was not the case. Staff is very friendly!