Mama's Home Reviews

Calle Orion s-n Entre Venus y Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

We loved our stay at mamas home, fantastic environment run by charismatic Jose. They ran activities and tours to cenotes that only locals would know about for very cheap. Downfalls was kitchen could of been a bit bigger and make sure your choose an air conditioned room in summer. Breakfast was phenomenal, different and delicious every day. Hostel was the perfect size to meet people and socialize. Couldn't of picked a better place to stay in tulum.

Pls arrange a fan for the top bunk beds in the rooms with no AC.

• 8th Jun 2014

It was the best hostel i have stayed! It really feels like Mama´s Home! I wanted to stay for 2 nights, and stayed all my last 9 nights in this hostel! The stuff is very very friendly and so nice! And the breakfast is so good!! I will always come back to this hostel!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Austria

Excellent well located hostel, clean, welcoming, good showers, lovely communal space & atmosphere, full kitchen, free drinking water, free wifi, delicious breakfast included, bike & snorkel rental etc...the list goes on. Great value, I shared a twin room on the upper level overlooking the court yard, it had 2 double beds (amazing!), en suite hot & cold water, AC & a writing desk. Hostel is very well run Jose & his team are always around to help & answer any questions with tireless enthusiasm

Booked myself in for 2 nights, in the end I stayed a week. The owner has changed recently - now it's one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in all over the world. Breakfast is every day different but always excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed and a lot fun (the owner has a lot good ideas e.g. bbq, mojito, movie nights ...). In general staff takes very good care of all travellers (they know a lot about tulum). I will be very happy to come back soon!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The atmosphere is great, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and we just had a blast there! Was only supposed to stay there for a couple of nights, but we ended up staying for a whole week! Would def recommend staying there!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

This was the best hostel that we stayed in during our time in Mexico. I can't really speak for the dorms as we had a private double, although everybody that we met at the hostel shared the same really positive attitude towards it as we did. Jose who now runs the place is a wonderfully friendly and helpful presence who really made the stay for us. Our room was incredible, really big for the price with AC, nice shower, oh and the breakfasts were amazing! Would definitely recommend.

• 24th Apr 2014

This hostel is fantastic. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. The breakfasts are delicious (changing everyday). Jose goes out of his way to make sure that all his guests are happy - nothing is too much trouble. Thank you for a great couple of days!

• 20th Apr 2014

This is the best place in Mexico.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

Was the most amazing hostel. The breakfast really is so incredible. Delicious chocolate french toast, mango pineapple pancakes, tomato zucchini omelette. Jose is an amazing host. Our bed was very comfy and the room was very clean. The only bad thing was our bathroom smelt kinda funny in the morning but it was so minor. Was so sad to leave Jose's at Mama's Home. Our next time to Tulum we will definitely be staying here.

1 2 Next » last »