Mama's Home Reviews

Calle Orion s-n Entre Venus y Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Jose himself is THE sweetest kindest creature w/ the coolest Spanish-Irish accent on the PLANET. The free breakfasts were WAY better than anything I've ever had at a hostel, and varied evety day. Only gave an "average" location because I am dying for a hostel in Tulum that's right on Boca Playa. However, it's abt 10 min f/ the bus station so that makes up for it. There is 1 moody staff who really shouldn't be working in hostels at all, but do NOT let this deter you from staying here. I

Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast!!!

Great hostel. Would reccommend this hostel to anyone. Hose was very friendly, helpful and accommadating.

• 18th Jul 2014

Everything is fine, breakfast varies every day and people are lovely. The only thing is that the mexican guy who works there is unable to run the hostel while the boss is on holiday. I didn't get to know the boss unfortunately, I only heard good things about him, also in other parts of mexico. But as I said, the mexican dude is quite moody, doesn't really help you and forgets a lot of things. Make sure you pay the right amount of money when you're leaving. The rest of the staff is wonderful!!!

relaxing atmosphere with great breakfasts and staff. Jose is amazing! Loads to do in Tulum and they give great advice

Jose was very good to us at mamas! It feels like a cabana there. With a palm tree in the middle! Breakfast is lovely too. I highly recommend u get a bed or room with the air con cuz the Mosquitos are bad in tulum and it's friggin hot! It was way worth having it than not! I would for sure come back!

This hostel is lovely and Jose is such a nice guy. They do need to change their directions though as I walked around for 30 mins in the hot sun looking for the hostel. It says turn right three blocks after the big square but it's actually only 2 blocks and would be more descriptive to say turn right at the farmacia. The private room was beautiful, hotel quality but the bed was hard as a board and the air con ineffectual. I enjoyed the breakfast.

Excellent, relaxing place. Pina Colada Night was very cool! Jose was a super nice host who was very helpful with where to go and what to do. And not to forget the breakfast: Awesome! You get a special dish made for you and it's simply delicious.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Excellent hostel! Jose and staff were so great couldn't have asked for a better place away from home. Outstanding breakfasts and great activities. This place draws a great bunch of travellers and is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Best place to stay in Tulum! Mama's Home was wonderful and Jose made the best breakfast every morning! No one can say no to pancakes with Mango, vanilla ice-cream and peanuts, even at 7:30 am! Great value for money and lovely, relaxed atmosphere! Highly recommendable!

We loved our stay at mamas home, fantastic environment run by charismatic Jose. They ran activities and tours to cenotes that only locals would know about for very cheap. Downfalls was kitchen could of been a bit bigger and make sure your choose an air conditioned room in summer. Breakfast was phenomenal, different and delicious every day. Hostel was the perfect size to meet people and socialize. Couldn't of picked a better place to stay in tulum.

Pls arrange a fan for the top bunk beds in the rooms with no AC.

• 8th Jun 2014

It was the best hostel i have stayed! It really feels like Mama´s Home! I wanted to stay for 2 nights, and stayed all my last 9 nights in this hostel! The stuff is very very friendly and so nice! And the breakfast is so good!! I will always come back to this hostel!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Austria

Excellent well located hostel, clean, welcoming, good showers, lovely communal space & atmosphere, full kitchen, free drinking water, free wifi, delicious breakfast included, bike & snorkel rental etc...the list goes on. Great value, I shared a twin room on the upper level overlooking the court yard, it had 2 double beds (amazing!), en suite hot & cold water, AC & a writing desk. Hostel is very well run Jose & his team are always around to help & answer any questions with tireless enthusiasm

Booked myself in for 2 nights, in the end I stayed a week. The owner has changed recently - now it's one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in all over the world. Breakfast is every day different but always excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed and a lot fun (the owner has a lot good ideas e.g. bbq, mojito, movie nights ...). In general staff takes very good care of all travellers (they know a lot about tulum). I will be very happy to come back soon!

1 2 Next » last »