Mamallena Backpackers Reviews

'Casa 7-62, Calle Primera, Perejil', Panama City, Panama

Great hostel with English speaking staff and free pancakes in the morning. Cheap bottled water and beer is available, and the patio/garden area is great for a chill morning or evening.Location is not ideal, we needed up paying for cabs on each outing since walking was not an option. The toilet nearest our room also had some troubles. Overall, though, this place was a good value. I would recommend it to anyone traveling on a budget in Panama.

• 20th Dec 2014

Comfortable and relaxed place to stay in Panama city. Good price and great that you can do your own pancakes in the morning!!!

Helpful cheerful staff.good kichen

There is NO hot water in the building. Of which I don't recall reading about when booking. Though it was fine for general bathing. It was an unpleasant shock when going for a shower n shampoo. The main. Or upper community floor was inviting. Spacious and well laid out. Upper dorms very nice. But lower level private room were damp with off smell unfortunately. We cut our stay shirt due to this. Which is too bad because otherwise the staff service was great! :-)

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

One of the best hostels that I've ever stayed at.

Pretty good. No complaints 😊

Much calmer than the mamallenas in Cartegena. Ver enjoyable.

In general the hostel was quite nice but our double room was actually not. We had a small stuffy room with an air conditioner loosing water during night so that our stuff got a bit wet.

I stayed only for one night in this hostel before leaving the country. It is a nice basic hostel. The busstation is close. The staff was nice. I would have hoped a reading lamp over the beds. Security lockers were good. For me (age 29, not too much of a partygirl) this hostel were a bit too youngish, but the quality-price ratio was good.

Good hostel, slightly dodgy area, great breakfast and cool staff! Not as good as the Cartagena hostel but still pretty decent! Would recommend!!