7.8
Very Good 573 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 573 Total Reviews
Mamallena Backpackers Located at 'Casa 7-62, Calle Primera, Perejil', , Panama City.
Panama
Panama City Panama Panama 'Casa 7-62, Calle Primera, Perejil'
78% 573
8.9738472 -79.5365524
    Rooms available

9th Sep 2016
6.6

I have mixed feelings about this place. Pros: interesting atmosphere, good price, and there's s nice and helpful girl who works there. Cons: the location is neither in the old town nor the city centre, so you're far from everything. Also, when I was leaving for the airport, the guy who worked there stopped me and accused me of not paying - I guess he had lost his copy of the receipt and I had to pick mine out of the garbage. As it nearly made me late for my flight at 8am I was not impressed.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

Me and my friend came down from Canada to party in Panama City. You get what you pay for. Place is a great place to stay for cheap. It was very clean and the staff was awesome. The parrot upstairs is a beauty but don't mess with him!

• i_travel
  • USA, Male, 41+
31st Aug 2016

I stayed at the beginning of Sept, 2016. Staff is great - and what needs to be clean is clean (i.e. bathrooms and kitchen). I had a private room which was in good condition. Evidently, they had it renovated recently. The rest of the hostel is pretty chill and easy going. The common areas are a little worn, but the internet was great! The "worst" thing about the hostel is the location, but it's not too far from the metro. FYI - use Uber instead of getting a taxi.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
8th Aug 2016

All members of staff are very helpful and kind. The place is clean. It is a busy central hostel, yet quiet. Information regarding visiting Guna Yala (San Blas archipelago) are very clear.

1st Aug 2016
8.0

Good Hostel, safe, clean, not too far away from main attractions if you like to walk, lots of restaurants.

• Switzerland, Couple, 31-40
22nd Jul 2016
4.9

Nothing to go back to. Booked our san blas trip through them and spent one night there before. If you can do it differently, might be better. Franklin island in San Blas we recommend!

• Canada, Female, 31-40
18th Jul 2016
6.3

This hostel was ok. The staff was nice. The security lockers are not placed in the dorm room themselves. Staff needs to buzz you in or out of the hostel, that's pretty secure. I think the hostel is under some sort of construction right now so a lot of it is unfinished. I met some really cool people/ hostellers there. You can make your own pancakes for breakfast. It's ok.

• USA, Female, 31-40
24th Jun 2016

Regrettably only stayed for one night while waiting for a flight to Bocas. I enjoyed the one night stay and felt very safe, comfortable, and secure. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

17th Jun 2016
8.0

For the price I'd say it can't be beat in Panama City. The free pancakes alone cover a third of the cost! Otherwise good atmosphere, helpful staff, felt clean and safe (tho I can't recall if there was locked storage for backpacks--I don't think so)! Location isn't great, far from the Old Town.

• Austria, Female, 31-40