Mamallena Backpackers Reviews

'Casa 7-62, Calle Primera, Perejil', Panama City, Panama

In general the hostel was quite nice but our double room was actually not. We had a small stuffy room with an air conditioner loosing water during night so that our stuff got a bit wet.

I stayed only for one night in this hostel before leaving the country. It is a nice basic hostel. The busstation is close. The staff was nice. I would have hoped a reading lamp over the beds. Security lockers were good. For me (age 29, not too much of a partygirl) this hostel were a bit too youngish, but the quality-price ratio was good.

Good hostel, slightly dodgy area, great breakfast and cool staff! Not as good as the Cartagena hostel but still pretty decent! Would recommend!!

It's okay, the room was fine and the bed was comfy. But the whole place was a bit dark and gloomy, especially the bathrooms, and the staff simply weren't interested in anything at all. Would recommend staying here only if you're taking a sailing trip, as their services in that regard are fantastic.

Very cool staff, clean and nice private bedroom.

The hostel is look nice, clean and the stuff are friendly. The location is not central, better to stay in Casco viejo. The showers were really bad: there were only a weak flow of cold water. The room was beautiful but the bad was not comfortable and the AC was weak.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Average Hostel in Panama City, but you get what you pay for. If you are on a tight budget thats the place to stay. The only thing what is not so nice is that you hear party music all night and that the washing mashines are usually taken (at least they have some). If you want to meet fun people, please stay here.

my stay at Mamallena had to be extended due to my having an unfortunate accident. wanting to take a shower Sunday afternoon I had to remove the towel hanging over the curtain rod. After my shower I intended to put the towel back up where it had been. I swung it up, however the curtain rod was not attached to the wall, only sitting on the ledge and it moved to the back and I fell into the shower and by trying to brace the fall I stretched out my right hand and arm and hit the back wall and throu

Great spot to stay for a couple days in the City for a younger crowd. Although they should sell Abuelo in addition to the convinent dollar beers at reception. We had a great experience.

• 21st Feb 2014