Mamallena Backpackers

18th Mar 2017

The staff made my trip!

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
25th Feb 2017

Great stay! The staff were all super accommodating. When I realized I booked the wrong night, they helped me fix it right away! It was in a great location - walking distance from the sea and from carnival celebrations, $3 taxi from Ancòn hill and restaurant row, and $6 taxi from the canal! Free pancake breakfast, swinging hammock chairs, friendly staff and AC in the bedrooms made this easy to rate highly. Would recommend the walk up Ancòn- it's ~30 min walk with spectacular views and wildlife!

• England, Male, 31-40
8th Feb 2017
7.7

I arrived late/early morning to find there wasn't a bed for me in my dorm. However they did upgrade me to a private room free of charge. Rooms are clean showers are decent. Make your own pancakes for breakfast. Communal chill out spaces. Good WiFi.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Feb 2017

Comfi hostel, little bit out of town but with the cheap taxis it is no problem.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
28th Jan 2017

Great hostel, good location. In the morning you can make your own pancakes, how much as you like :) A lot of places to chill, outside, inside, there is a garden as well, nice staff and rooms. I really enjoyed this hostel.

26th Jan 2017
7.4

Don't really have too many complaints but if I was ever visiting Panama City again I'd be tempted to pay a little more to stay in a better location. Air-conditioning in our private room didn't work, only a fan, so changed to a dorm room after one night. Staff were very friendly but didn't seem overly willing to help, and our room was already given to somebody else when we got there, meaning we were put in a dorm room for our first night. Unorganised, but fine for a brief visit.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

Good deal for value. Stayed in double private,clean and spacious. We booked for the beginning of our journey in Panama and Costa Rica then came back twice. Helpfull and friendly staff. Common area are clean toilet and shower always OK just the kitchen should be clean more often. Nice place to start organize your journey. Nice area to getting around and discover Panama City. Markets are close.

19th Jan 2017
7.7

Mamallenas was a pretty OK place. They got what you need but not what you want. Bathrooms could have been attended to more. Beds were decent. Internet was good enough. Location not the best but taxis and ubers are cheap.

14th Jan 2017

Nice pancakes for breakfast, good location, great security

• Australia, Male, 18-24
14th Jan 2017
7.4

I enjoyed it here, place is huge. Complimentary pancakes were wicked and they have a ping-pong table!