Mamas Pension Reviews

401 St. Stefanos Beach, 84600 Mykonos, Mykonos, Greece

Perfect place to visit mykonos... As I'm doing a 6 month trip round Europe, I would say it was the best place I have stayed.... Christina and Anna are two amazing people, look after you so well :) miss it already.. Hope to return one day.

This was such good value for money, more of an apartment than a hostel and beautiful views over the sea from our balcony. The owner was so friendly and went out of her way for us. It's located near Stephanos beach which is away from the main town but there's a bus or you can walk it, so perfect if you want a more relaxing stay. Lovely swimming pool and restaurant next door - highly recommend this place! Thanks for a lovely stay.

The owner, Cristina, is a wonderful person and very, very friendly too! Great position with fantastic view on the seaside!

• 29th Jun 2014

Location is sooo far from everything including buses and very hard to get a cab. Overpriced breakfast. Kristina is somewhat helpful when you can find her which is rarely. She dropped us at the wrong port because she was rushing to get rid of us and do her own thing. She will also only upswell her neighbours which is fine but when asking for other things to do on the island she was vague and unhelpful.

• 27th Jun 2014

This has been by far the best place we've stayed! Mama and Christina are sooo nice it's like your staying in a little oasis. It's close to the beach and close enough to walk to town if you wanted to. I could have stay here for ever it was absolute paradise!

Although a little far from town (about a thirty minute walk on the shoulder of the highway), mamas is on the best beach of the ones we visited. We had a suite with a full kitchen and a sea view, which was AMAZING, and Christina was so kind our entire visit. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Mykonos.

Mamas was exactly what my sister and I were looking for during our stay in Mykonos. Mamas is a 1.60 euro/5 minute bus ride into town, and the perfect getaway. Closest to St. Stefano beach, with a few restaurants and market along the water. We had an ocean view, and were upgraded to a spacious room with a kitchen upon arrival. Christina is the absolute sweetest, and made us feel welcomed into the family. Such a cozy, comfortable stay in an apartment ran by a close family.

All of the previous POSITIVE reviews have nailed it. Stay here for a great valued spot with lots of hosted charm just minutes drive from the town centre. Rent a quad next door, or in front of the property just below. The airport pick-ups and drop offs are such an appreciated bonus. A 'family' feel that would resonate with anyone. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

• 16th Jun 2014

The owners were go friendly. Picked us from the port when we came and drove us to the airport when we left.

I have been travelling for 5 months now and I have to say this was the most outstanding hostel and wish I stayed for even longer then the 5 days! Cristina was amazing and super accommodating. From picking us up from the airport, driving us into town when she had the chance and the overall great hospitality I couldn't ask for anything more. If you are looking for a beautiful relaxing place to stay mamas pension is the one!

The staff at this hostel are sooo friendly, pick you up from the port and go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 5th Jun 2014

Mamas is a well run clean hostel and it was great that they picked us up and dropped us at the port for on extra charge , make sure you email to let them know your arrival time

• 5th Jun 2014

Mama is really nice and friendly:) She even drove us to the port in the morning! The only thing unconvenient is location. We should take bus (every one hour) to city center!!

Loved staying at Mama's Pension. Christina is amazing and goes above and beyond. Her daughter was also incredibly helpful. Wonderful location very close to the beach, yummy food and the near by pool. We had a great day renting ATV's from her cousin. Would definitely stay at Mama's again!

• 31st May 2014

Had a fab stay here and will be returning again in September! It's right by a lovely beach that also has fantastic food. The location is excellent. We walked into town on one day and then got taxi's which wee really cheap but there is also a bus. Staff were so helpful and friendly and I highly recommend a stay here.

Mama's Pension is an amazing hostel - Christina and her family make you feel very at home by picking you up/dropping you off at the port/airport and providing you with free coffee every morning. The restaurant next door run by one of Mama's relatives was by far my favorite meal while backpacking. Overall, great hospitality and value.

Me and my friend were really well received, Christina and her daughter were really kind. The pool was amazing, the room was nice and we had a really great view from our balcony !

• 14th May 2014

It was great to be just outside town - much more relaxing. This is a very welcoming place to stay. I'd definitely come back.

Great place to stay! Christina is extremely kind, and a wonderful host. I would genuinely recommend staying here. 30 minutes by walk to the city center, so please rent an ATV, a car or take the city bus for convenience.

Mama's Pension was excellent. Christina did everything to make me and my mother comfortable during our stay. The .location was great: really close to town but far enough to get away from the bustle, close to a beach/supermarket/restaurants, and there was a rooftop pool that could be access just a few steps away from the hostel.

View all Mykonos Bed and Breakfasts