Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

I can only recommend Mamas and Papas Hostel, as I really enjoyed my stay there. Mama and Papa are wonderful host who will help you with anything you need. The hostel is very clean and the atmosphere very nice. The hostel is not in the center , bu you have direct bus from/to the train station and the old city. There is also a small train station (Gdansk Orunia) 3 minutes away, from where you can take trains to Malbork, Sopot, etc.

I definitely recommend this hostel to people. It is safe,clean and the staff is perfect.

Our stay was fantastic. Mama, papa and the French guy are great. We spend our only night in Gdansk like 6 wild animals and broke allmost all the rules of the hostel but still they were very nice and patient with us. Thank you!

Don't freak about the location! Public transport was super easy to figure out runs frequently and is cheap. The hospitality given by mama and papa is second to none and they will do anything to ensure you have a good time with them in gdansk. We also rented a car to visit the wolf's lair and left early every day. Mama and papa prepared breakfast early for us and had secure parking which helped make our stay super!

I really loved my stay in this hostel. The owners are really warm and ready to help! The breakfast is really good with lots of bread options, cereal, fruits, and a special plate for each guest with different cheese, meat and yogurt. In case vegetarian, they put extra cheese instead of meat. The hostel is a bit far away from city centre, but it takes only a round 10 min by bus to get there (8 different buses take you there). This is not a party hostel (great) as I needed to work a little bit.

This must have been one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was extremely friendly, everything was clean and didn't smell, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was a real breakfast, not just toast and marmelade. The location was a few kilometres away from the city center but very easily reacheable by bus, so even that isn't a huge detriment. If you want a hostel in Gdansk, choose this one - I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

• 14th Dec 2014

Was an absolut pleasure to stay here. We went to Gdansk for a weekend and had the best time and this is not just because Gdansk is beautiful but also because of everyone at Mamas and Papas. Thank you for a great holiday!!!

Mama and Papa were incredibly welcoming and lovely hosts and our group had a great stay!

• 21st Nov 2014

Big thank you for Mama and Papa for taking care of us for our weekend in Poland.

• 21st Nov 2014

Mama and Papa took such good care of us, even waiting up to check we made it home safely til the early hours of the morning. Though its not in the centre of town, the whole cosy friendly atmosphere makes catching the bus worth it and buses come every few minutes. Definitely recommend!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Mama and Papa are two of the best people you will ever meet and I will be visiting their place many more times in the future. The hostel is super clean, safe and relaxed with a great atmosphere. Breakfast is great with plenty of variety included for the price. There's very easy access to the city and a direct bus to the airport at the end of the street. Overall you couldn't really ask for more and Mama and Papa will always make you feel welcome!

Mamas and Papas was a brilliant hostel! M & P were incredibly friendly and accommodating, making the stay really enjoyable. The hostel had a great feel about it,very homely and very comfortable and clean. It was nice to relax in their lounge at the end of a long day with a beer, great music and nice guests!

• 10th Nov 2014

This hostel felt like a home away from home! Very warm, welcoming owners Mama & Papa! The accomodation is clean and comforting and the beds are very good. When I woke up after breakfast time, Mama put the breakfast for me in the fridge, so I could eat it later when I woke up. Great! Thank you for the stay. Papiamento guy ;)

I absolutely recommend. Friendly staff and rich breakfast included in the budget price!

Obviously, it is not in the center of the city, but it's worthy. Another places cost more, and this has an excellent breakfast, really nice people and public transportation nearby. You can use the kitchen and fridge to cook, and the living room to hear music and play games. Papa, we forgot a couple of desserts on the fridge...those that look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MRqzz7drzG4/TstLFLk6NZI/AAAAAAAAAN4/-mAxJZP7c3w/s1600/copa.jpg Greetings

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I really recomend this place. The hostel is really cool, Mama and Papa are so nice. All the services are excellent. You will have a really good time there

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Spain

A very familiar hostel. You can feel like at home. They searched information about transport for us, and as we needed to take the train very early, they gave us the breakfast very early, too. You can listen to music, play games or watch a film in the common room. i would really like to visit again this hostel.

Really you can't go wrong here. Right from the start I arrived dripping from motorbiking in the rain and unexpectedly mama offered me some hot soup... this is more than just a hostel! Met interesting people here. Common room is great. The wifi works fine. The free breakfast is great. Has 2 kitchens. And I slept well.

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. The owners, a lovely couple who refer to each other as Mama and Papa, are exceptionally friendly - by the time we left, they felt like friends. The hostel feels like home. It's maticulously clean, and the price even includes breakfast. I'll return to gdansk - partly so that I can stay here again.

• 20th Oct 2014

Best part of town is this hostel because the staff is very helpful and excellent. Glad Papa met me off the bus because directions given would have never gotten me to the hostel. Mama prepared polish potato cakes for me when I checked in, and they made everything much easier for me to get around, even wrote notes in Polish for me to hand to transport personnel because most people in North Poland do not speak English. You go to Gdansk, this is the hostel to choose for sure. Great jogging trail too