Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Well where to start!! I really loved this place. And I really enjoy to have nice talks with Mama and Papa, they were so nice and helpful. One of my favorite hostels!! I totally recommend.

A really wonderful and heartwarming experience. When we arrived late at night, Mama and Papa offered us some food and helped us plan our daytrip to Łeba. Located very close to the center, it still appeared like a very safe and quiet neighborhood (24h super market reachable in 2 min walking). The staff and all the guests were incredibly friendly, Mama&Papa prepared extra breakfast when we had to get up early in the morning. Most definitely the place to be in Gdansk! Thanks for the hospitality!

I recommend everyone to go to mama`s and papa`s! they are the nicest people and you will feel like part of their family. We arrived late of the night to check-in, starving, and they made us dinner and everything! That`s a hostel different from every other ones because you feel like you are at home. The bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen were perfectly clean. The breakfast is good(and you can choose when you want to eat). It`s absolutely quiet at night. Must go there :)

• 17th Sep 2014

Great hostel and the owners are very helpful and kind. I missed a connection and they were very easy to deal with and re-book for another night.

• 13th Sep 2014

Such an awesome hostel. It's about the "feels like home" vibes. I traveled all day & all night from Dresden to Gdansk & they had breakfast ready for me. Got homemade pierogi from Papa's momma (grandmama?) another day, homemade soup the next. Such generous hosts, Mama & Papa. Free breakfast, Free Wifi, great lounge, kitchen, clean, patio/yard, 24hr store close, Papa's amazing CD collection, quiet residential location next to park, quick 15 mins to center by bus. Chill place, you are family here.

For us this place was perfect. It is a short bus ride out of town in a very nice area by a par that is nice for a walk or jog. It is not a party hostel but still very comfortable and social. We enjoyed it very much

My stay was out of the season, so it was a bit quiet in the hostel, but the staff was super nice! Bathrooms were super (!) clean and beds very comfortable. The lady from the reception walked around and asked what time does anybody want to have breakfast, which I haven't heard of in a hostel before. The breakfast was simple, but very nice. It's a bit far away from the old city centre, but if you mind walking (about 30 min), then there are buses going often, also on the night time. Super place!!!

the sfaff is very kind and helpful.i felt like at home. a very good experiece, thanks a lot.

Excellent hostel, I would come back without any doubt. Very confortable, breakfast included, a 'feel like home' atmosphere and super helpful staff. Mama, Papa, Ola and the rest of the team are always ready to help you, answer your questions and make your stay even better.

It's a GREAT place to stay (I've been where twice). Fills like you are visiting your friends. Very friendly atmosphere. Thank the hosts for the warm welcome. When I will be in Gdansk next time I will definitely stay here once again.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Belarus

I was initially only booked to stay at this hostel for 1 week, but I ended up staying for 6 weeks. The hostel was always kept immaculately clean, the hosts were very friendly (I was even offered a delicious meal on arrival), and the atmosphere was good. There is a great living room upstairs where you can socialise with the other guests and listen to music. There is also a spacious garden to relax in during the warmer months. Thank you Mama and Papa for a great stay!

It was all perfect to me. Special remarks to the kindness of the staff - "Mama" Dana and her daughter Ada are simply the best hosts!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Papas, Mamas and their daughter Fiona are wonderful hosts. The hostel with The garden are a nice place where you can be quiet, and also meet nice people and have great moments with them. It's next from The bus station so it's very easy to go in the old center of Gdansk, and to come back at all the hours of the day or of the night.... Mamas and Papas Hostel, it's more than an hostel :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

the best hostel in poland! we recommend it to everyone!

Thank you for the pleasant stay!

• 25th Jul 2014

Love this hostel! Mama, Papa, Daughter and everyone staying there were really pleasant and good people. It is 10 minutes with bus to city centre, that leaves very often. When we stayed at Mamas & Papas they had a really nice barbeque that many people attended.

Great place! Mama and Papa really take care of you. Not in Old town but with the bus its not a problem. Way better then the party hostels in old town, where no local people work.

We really liked this hostel! Everyone was very friendly, everything clean and the atmosphere was great. If you want to go to gdansk, you have to take the bus for about 10 minutes, but that was no probem for us. If we go there again, we would definitely stay in this hostel again.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Yes, there are many hostels which have good conditions, but I am sure that It is really hard to find good atmosphere hostel. After first step to this hostel, I felt really comfortable and relaxed

Everythis is perfect. Especially mama, papa, and their daughter are wonderful. They are not staff, but like family woth guest. Helpful information provided, even they gave polosh food also for me. Really want to say thank you for all.