Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Keep up the good work!

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Best hostel I've ever stayed!

• 18th Jun 2015

Mamas and Papas is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Upon arrival, Mama and Papa welcomed me with open arms and treated me to some of Papa's mother's pickle soup - delicious! They are the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met on my travels and made me feel right at home. The hostel is on a quiet street away from the the Old Town but is very easily accessible by bus. The garden out back adds the perfect touch to this home away from home. When in Gdansk, go to Mamas and Papas!

• 11th Jun 2015

The location is poor - you have to get a bus in and out of the town which is really inconvenient, especially as so many hostels (for the same price) are central. The staff were confused and unhelpful when we checked in, although 'mama and papa' themselves are friendly.

We're very surprised by your opinion. Yes, the staff could be confused because you came early in the morning, long time before the check-in and your beds were still occupied. You booked beds in a dormitory, but the staff member decided to give you a private room, in the price of a dorm. Additionally, he offer you free breakfast. How is it "unhelpful staff"? Well, we will be always unhelpful that way ;) It's easy to check location before booking on the map on hostelworld and book your favourite

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in!

Really nice people.

Nice city and beautiful family! Thank you Papa and Mama. :)

Amazing atmosphere, delicious food, outstanding hospitality! This is the best hostel in the world!

• 20th May 2015
  • Poland

In 3 months of travel, this is probably the best hostel I've visited to date. Was greeted with a home cooked meal and plenty and of information including bus schedules to the area. For a day trip to Sopot, Papa walked us to the train station and at nights he had plenty of time to talk about travel and music. Felt like a home away from home, with great hosts, guests and overall vibe. Ended up extending for two more nights, but I was sad to go at the end of it. You won't regret staying here!

Words cannot describe how nice this hostel is. The location is some 15min from the centre by bus, but that didn't bother me. When I walked in, the first thing the owners asked was "would you like some food?" Sure! Polish cabbage rolls for free. After that, Papa (that's what we called him) asked whether I wanted to join him and his friend for some beers in the backyard. You cant say no to that! The dorm itself was great, good beds, nice interior. Great breakfast!

Best hostel i've been! veary nice People Papa and Mama

Best hostel ever! Charming owners, helpful staff and great atmosphere. There is a beautiful garden where you can make a barbecue. Big breakfest, comfy beds, and very clean.

This hostel is located NOT in the center of Gdansk, but in a quiet peaceful neighbourhood, 15 minutes away from the center by bus. However, I found this place exceptional! The staff/owners are amazing, they're doing great job! The hostel is well equipped with anything you may need. It's clean, cozy and relaxed. Not a party place, but great atmosphere, I felt like at home! I can definitely recommend it and will stay here again if come back to Gdansk one day.

Amazing, perfect ... Best hostel i never had !

• 6th May 2015

We really enjoyed this holiday at Mamas and Papas. The hostel has a fantastic atmosohere, and it's very calm and friendly. Mama and Papa (the staff) are great and friendly and they are like our family members. Thank you for your kindness!

• 1st May 2015
  • Hungary

Clean, nice hosts, a bit from the city centre but easy too reach, basic breakfast and a lot of space in the fridge included. Thank you for a very pleasant stay at Mamas and Papas!

Really nice hosts, but location is far off, and a bit creepy if you arrive at night. When we were there, there wasn't much going on.

Great hostel! The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. The hostel is charming and very clean.