Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Mamas and Papas Hostel was very welcoming and kind to my friend and I. We were a bit confused by the directions, but ultimately found it really welcoming and cozy on a cold January trip.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Wonderful people and wonderful place! The owners/staff are very friendly and very helpful, checked us in late at night and provided everything. Location slightly not in the center, that may be tricky for a one-night stay, but it is still very well connected to center and airport with the bus. And the place is totally worth a stay longer than one night, especially in the summer with all the green around :-) Very much recommended!

The Hostel was really nice! People there are like in home. The owners are really nice people and the atmosphere is really friendly.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I was surprised when I arrived at the hostel and found they out me in my own private room. Everyone working there was so welcoming and the place is VERY clean. For the price, it is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 18th Dec 2015

Everything here was great. Had a lovely stay. Nice place if you just want to chill out. I think the kitchen could probably get pretty crowded at breakfast if there were a lot of us. Only criticism is that the directions don't tell you which direction to catch the bus in. We got caught out by that

Mamas and Papas Hostel was fantastic. The directions to get to it via public transportation were very easy to follow which was relieving! The hostel feels like home. Mama and Papa are both so accommodating and easy to talk to. They have created a wonderful space to stay and relax in. Breakfast was included in our stay as well. Overall, we had a superb time in Gdansk and they played a huge role in that. I will definitely be staying there again, the next time I go to Gdansk. Thanks!

Thank you very much, it was really nice to be on mamas and papas hostel Felt me really welcome and staff was very nice! I can really recommend this place! All the best to all the staff on Mamas and Papas Hostel Gdansk! Best regards Peder Bonaparte Sweden

Had a brief but lovely stay at Mamas and Papas, was made to feel very welcome and comfortable and had a delicious breakfast there in the morning!

I had such a lovely stay here. The owner who checked me in (I arrived very late in the night) was incredibly helpful and made me feel really welcome. I was upgraded, and they let me stay for the next afternoon (even though I was leaving that day) and the breakfast was great! Would highly recommend staying here - really nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Also, even though it is located out of the centre city the buses are close and easy to catch and the staff will explain how to use it. Thanks!!

My stay at Mamas and Papas was fantastic. The rooms are nice and neat, the kitchens were always clean with all the necessary cooking equipment and the common room was awesome, so much music and film to choose from. It's a great place to relax and meet new people. Most importantly, Mama and Papa. They are unbelievably welcoming and kind. I can't recommend more! I hope to see you again, Nelson.

Hostel was perfect, great kitchen facilities, the owners are really nice, good common room with lots of dvds and a good free breakfast. It is a bit out of town but there is a bus stop nearby that takes you straight into town

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Very friendly people and excellent service.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Absolutely lovely hostel - bit far away from town but the staff are incredibly helpful with directions for public transport and it's only about a ten minute bus ride from the town center. Staff are really nice and there was a lovely homely feel - very cosy.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Although its a little out of the city the Hostel is easy to reach by Bus. The Staff is really friendly and its easy to get in contact with others though the Hostel isnt the biggest.

The staff is extremely caring and helpful! Very nice. And the atmospere is so relaxing and pleasing. I felt almost at home. 10/10!

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Russia

An amazing atmosphere with a great, casual atmosphere and staff who'll go out of their way to help you! My only complaint is that it's a little far from the centre, but there's a direct bus just a short walk away, so it's not a huge problem! Also, easily the best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel!

Although a bit further from the city centre and old town it's still easy accesible by bus. Furthermore this an awesome place, very relaxed vibe with an excellent atmosphere. If your looking for a hostel were you can also relax a bit, watch movies or listen to good music than this is the place! Recommended!!

It was incredible! Warm atmosphere, beautiful and clean rooms and the staff was very very friendly and helpful! We had many kitchens, big TV and we could listen a very big variety of CDs whenever we want!

Hostel, especially mama and papa are perfect. Really nice place, perfect value of money, perfect breakfest! We were really satisfied

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

If you are looking for accommodation that is spotlessly clean, in a favourable location, offering personal care at a fair price, then this hostel is the place for you. The proprietors are generous with their advice, saving you money, but more importantly, time. They are "living the dream" as is evidenced by the care they extend to their guests. Thank you for a job well done.

• 15th Oct 2015