Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Amazing atmosphere, delicious food, outstanding hospitality! This is the best hostel in the world!

• 20th May 2015
  • Poland

Words cannot describe how nice this hostel is. The location is some 15min from the centre by bus, but that didn't bother me. When I walked in, the first thing the owners asked was "would you like some food?" Sure! Polish cabbage rolls for free. After that, Papa (that's what we called him) asked whether I wanted to join him and his friend for some beers in the backyard. You cant say no to that! The dorm itself was great, good beds, nice interior. Great breakfast!

Best hostel ever! Charming owners, helpful staff and great atmosphere. There is a beautiful garden where you can make a barbecue. Big breakfest, comfy beds, and very clean.

This hostel is located NOT in the center of Gdansk, but in a quiet peaceful neighbourhood, 15 minutes away from the center by bus. However, I found this place exceptional! The staff/owners are amazing, they're doing great job! The hostel is well equipped with anything you may need. It's clean, cozy and relaxed. Not a party place, but great atmosphere, I felt like at home! I can definitely recommend it and will stay here again if come back to Gdansk one day.

We really enjoyed this holiday at Mamas and Papas. The hostel has a fantastic atmosohere, and it's very calm and friendly. Mama and Papa (the staff) are great and friendly and they are like our family members. Thank you for your kindness!

• 1st May 2015
  • Hungary

Clean, nice hosts, a bit from the city centre but easy too reach, basic breakfast and a lot of space in the fridge included. Thank you for a very pleasant stay at Mamas and Papas!

Really nice hosts, but location is far off, and a bit creepy if you arrive at night. When we were there, there wasn't much going on.

Great hostel! The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. The hostel is charming and very clean.

I can only recommend Mamas and Papas Hostel, as I really enjoyed my stay there. Mama and Papa are wonderful host who will help you with anything you need. The hostel is very clean and the atmosphere very nice. The hostel is not in the center , bu you have direct bus from/to the train station and the old city. There is also a small train station (Gdansk Orunia) 3 minutes away, from where you can take trains to Malbork, Sopot, etc.

I definitely recommend this hostel to people. It is safe,clean and the staff is perfect.

Our stay was fantastic. Mama, papa and the French guy are great. We spend our only night in Gdansk like 6 wild animals and broke allmost all the rules of the hostel but still they were very nice and patient with us. Thank you!

Don't freak about the location! Public transport was super easy to figure out runs frequently and is cheap. The hospitality given by mama and papa is second to none and they will do anything to ensure you have a good time with them in gdansk. We also rented a car to visit the wolf's lair and left early every day. Mama and papa prepared breakfast early for us and had secure parking which helped make our stay super!

I really loved my stay in this hostel. The owners are really warm and ready to help! The breakfast is really good with lots of bread options, cereal, fruits, and a special plate for each guest with different cheese, meat and yogurt. In case vegetarian, they put extra cheese instead of meat. The hostel is a bit far away from city centre, but it takes only a round 10 min by bus to get there (8 different buses take you there). This is not a party hostel (great) as I needed to work a little bit.

This must have been one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was extremely friendly, everything was clean and didn't smell, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was a real breakfast, not just toast and marmelade. The location was a few kilometres away from the city center but very easily reacheable by bus, so even that isn't a huge detriment. If you want a hostel in Gdansk, choose this one - I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

• 14th Dec 2014