Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Mama and Papa are two of the best people you will ever meet and I will be visiting their place many more times in the future. The hostel is super clean, safe and relaxed with a great atmosphere. Breakfast is great with plenty of variety included for the price. There's very easy access to the city and a direct bus to the airport at the end of the street. Overall you couldn't really ask for more and Mama and Papa will always make you feel welcome!

Mamas and Papas was a brilliant hostel! M & P were incredibly friendly and accommodating, making the stay really enjoyable. The hostel had a great feel about it,very homely and very comfortable and clean. It was nice to relax in their lounge at the end of a long day with a beer, great music and nice guests!

• 10th Nov 2014

This hostel felt like a home away from home! Very warm, welcoming owners Mama & Papa! The accomodation is clean and comforting and the beds are very good. When I woke up after breakfast time, Mama put the breakfast for me in the fridge, so I could eat it later when I woke up. Great! Thank you for the stay. Papiamento guy ;)

I absolutely recommend. Friendly staff and rich breakfast included in the budget price!

Obviously, it is not in the center of the city, but it's worthy. Another places cost more, and this has an excellent breakfast, really nice people and public transportation nearby. You can use the kitchen and fridge to cook, and the living room to hear music and play games. Papa, we forgot a couple of desserts on the fridge...those that look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MRqzz7drzG4/TstLFLk6NZI/AAAAAAAAAN4/-mAxJZP7c3w/s1600/copa.jpg Greetings

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I really recomend this place. The hostel is really cool, Mama and Papa are so nice. All the services are excellent. You will have a really good time there

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Spain

A very familiar hostel. You can feel like at home. They searched information about transport for us, and as we needed to take the train very early, they gave us the breakfast very early, too. You can listen to music, play games or watch a film in the common room. i would really like to visit again this hostel.

Really you can't go wrong here. Right from the start I arrived dripping from motorbiking in the rain and unexpectedly mama offered me some hot soup... this is more than just a hostel! Met interesting people here. Common room is great. The wifi works fine. The free breakfast is great. Has 2 kitchens. And I slept well.

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. The owners, a lovely couple who refer to each other as Mama and Papa, are exceptionally friendly - by the time we left, they felt like friends. The hostel feels like home. It's maticulously clean, and the price even includes breakfast. I'll return to gdansk - partly so that I can stay here again.

• 20th Oct 2014

Best part of town is this hostel because the staff is very helpful and excellent. Glad Papa met me off the bus because directions given would have never gotten me to the hostel. Mama prepared polish potato cakes for me when I checked in, and they made everything much easier for me to get around, even wrote notes in Polish for me to hand to transport personnel because most people in North Poland do not speak English. You go to Gdansk, this is the hostel to choose for sure. Great jogging trail too

I love this hostel pretty much. Host were wonderful and kind. This hostel is the greatest hostel i've ever met. I'm sure you will love this city because of this hostel. And i recommend you to go the lake near here before you go to city center. It is really nice!!!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel. Mama and Papa have put together an awesome place, and both of them look after you very well! It may seem far from the centre, but buses are frequent, easy to understand, cheap, and the trip is short! Extremely recommended.

Well where to start!! I really loved this place. And I really enjoy to have nice talks with Mama and Papa, they were so nice and helpful. One of my favorite hostels!! I totally recommend.

A really wonderful and heartwarming experience. When we arrived late at night, Mama and Papa offered us some food and helped us plan our daytrip to Łeba. Located very close to the center, it still appeared like a very safe and quiet neighborhood (24h super market reachable in 2 min walking). The staff and all the guests were incredibly friendly, Mama&Papa prepared extra breakfast when we had to get up early in the morning. Most definitely the place to be in Gdansk! Thanks for the hospitality!

I recommend everyone to go to mama`s and papa`s! they are the nicest people and you will feel like part of their family. We arrived late of the night to check-in, starving, and they made us dinner and everything! That`s a hostel different from every other ones because you feel like you are at home. The bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen were perfectly clean. The breakfast is good(and you can choose when you want to eat). It`s absolutely quiet at night. Must go there :)

• 17th Sep 2014

I considered this less of a hostel stay and more like a home stay. Mama and Papa were extremely hospitable and made me feel like part of the family. I was only there a day but, if I had more time, I would have stayed much longer. They are truly genuine people who definitely love meeting and welcoming people from around the world. It was one of the most genuinely welcoming vibes I have felt in my many years of traveling around the world. Thank you!!!

Great hostel and the owners are very helpful and kind. I missed a connection and they were very easy to deal with and re-book for another night.

• 13th Sep 2014

Such an awesome hostel. It's about the "feels like home" vibes. I traveled all day & all night from Dresden to Gdansk & they had breakfast ready for me. Got homemade pierogi from Papa's momma (grandmama?) another day, homemade soup the next. Such generous hosts, Mama & Papa. Free breakfast, Free Wifi, great lounge, kitchen, clean, patio/yard, 24hr store close, Papa's amazing CD collection, quiet residential location next to park, quick 15 mins to center by bus. Chill place, you are family here.

For us this place was perfect. It is a short bus ride out of town in a very nice area by a par that is nice for a walk or jog. It is not a party hostel but still very comfortable and social. We enjoyed it very much

My stay was out of the season, so it was a bit quiet in the hostel, but the staff was super nice! Bathrooms were super (!) clean and beds very comfortable. The lady from the reception walked around and asked what time does anybody want to have breakfast, which I haven't heard of in a hostel before. The breakfast was simple, but very nice. It's a bit far away from the old city centre, but if you mind walking (about 30 min), then there are buses going often, also on the night time. Super place!!!