Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Mama and Papa is the best hostel I've stayed at, truly a home away from home. It is exceptionally well kept, Mama and Papa also makes every effort to personally make sure the guests feel welcomed and taken good care of. Words can not describe how greatful I was to have stayed here after being on the road for months. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Gdansk!

That is one of the best hostel in which i stayed! I strongly recommend this one for everyone who is looking for nice place and helpful owners in Gdansk :)

I was very pleased with the hostel and the lovely staff :) They were very helpful!!! (Even carried my luggage to the local train station!!) The guesthouse was clean and had good lockers. The living room upstairs was cozy. Quiet location which felt safe even in the middle of the night, and a 24-hour little shop 2 minutes down the street. Nice garden.

We spent one night at mammas & pappas. Staff was super helpful and caring, they even texted us if everything is fine - our plane landed late. If you are coming with the ryanair flight from Warsaw bear in mind that you might just miss the last daytime bus which has a direct connection and you might end up with a complicated journey. However Uber works in the area!! Do not let yourself ripped off by local cab drivers. Atmosphere great and large common area. Breakfast table is rather small though.

The Owners of M&P are enthusiastic travellers, and one can recognise it easily by entering the Hostel. We had everything we needed, all facilities are in good shape, nice bathrooms, two kitchens, really good breakfast, a LOT OF SOCKETS in the room, Wi-Fi working perfectly. And than there goes atmosphere - something one can only create by being on the road and seeing the world oneself. Stories exchanged, common respect and help among staff and visitors, all smiles and at-ease. Thanks M&P!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Poland

I love Mama and Papa! First night I arrived and almost got ripped off by a taxi driver and Mama and Papa came to my aid and sorted it out. Then their hospitality was fantastic! Trust me you won't be disappointed!

The staff were super helpful and considerate, the facilities were good and the lockers were very secure (built into the bunks). The only downside is that it's a long walk (or a bus ride) from the old town and all the sights.

pretty nice hostel, although a bit far from town (3 bus stations) but it goes really quick. a really GREAT BREAKFAST, NICE FOLKS working there. I was very touched by papas invitation to share his diner just when coming the 1st day, great choice for music. thanks to Mama too, helping me with my ticket reservation.

Good location. Low prices. Very friendly staff.

a short bus ride from dluga street and the confusion which is old town, mama's and papa's hostel offers a serene oasis for contemplation or a short commute into the city center. every want and desire within reach.

Cool, laid back place to relax in a great atmosphere. Very pleasant setting, with easy connections with city center. Great folks on site. Definitely a place to be for all you hippies at heart! ;)

The hostel is situated outside the city centre. You might say it's far away, but because of the excellent bus connections it' not worth mentioning. The staff is super friendly, helpful and welcoming. The beds are good, the bathrooms clean and the kitchen practical. The commonroom is homely and the atmosphere is relax. It is a real home away from home. Especially when you're travelling for a long time, you need to stay at mamas and papas to take a break and just relax.

Everyone at Mama's & Papa's were wonderful. When I first got in, I was given plenty of information of how to get around the city and given a tour of the hostel. I felt incredibly welcomed and at home, which is a rare find in hostels. Thank you so much for your kindness and keep up the great work! :)

Very helpful and friendly staff, nice cozy common room to socialize, quiet area just a short bus ride away from the city: I really liked it :)

If you want to get away from the rat race come to this awesome hostel. Its not far from the city center but far enough to get some peace and quite. Mama and papa are lovely people who run a super clean hostel. Beautiful garden close by and supermarket is really close too. I really loved every moment here and would have loved to stay longer.... Thanks Mama and Papa

Very nice people who helped us a lot. Cozy common room to meet other travelers. It is a 10min bus ride from the old town so that is actually no problem since the busses go often and even nighttime. I can really recommend mama and papa :D

Papas has a good T-shirts taste :)

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Cyprus

Amazing staff!!!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great people, friendly atmosphere. Big room with music recorder, lot of CD's, books, guitar, movies and a... bow. They also have a cat! Location not the best, but close to the bus stop with lot of busses. Very good and personalized breakfasts. A shop 50 meters from the hostel.

Mama and papa are very nice people. The hostel is a little bit out of the way so there isn't much around, but it's in a quiet neighbourhood. Our dorm was unfortunately just behind the reception desk, so the good news is it's very safe, the bad news is it's a bit noisy and I couldn't go out of the room without passing the reception. The beds were really comfy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3