Mamas & Papas Hostel Reviews

ul. Nowiny 19, Gdansk, Poland

Felt like we were staying at home. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. No noise, very clean and people friendly. Need a hand towel in bathroom and tea towels in kitchen. Would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone

This place is absolutely incredible!! It is a little far out of town but a regular bus service means that getting out and returning, even at night is totally do-able. The neighbourhood is really quiet but totally safe away from the noise of the city centre. It means you can chill out and relax. The hostel is really special because of the owners who are so nice, friendly and helpful.

Dana & Kris (aka Mama & Papa) speak very good English, are very helpful and will assist you where they can.

I think this must be my favourite hostel I've stayed in. It's a short bus ride out of the main town (but there are busses pretty much every 5 minutes). There is a lovely chilled out atmosphere and Mama & Papa are just so friendly and welcoming. Really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very comfortable and there is a great area to relax and meet other people in.

Great chilled hostel

Absolutely amazing hostel! Staff are amazing, hostel has a great home feeling to it and the vibe is spot on! I used this hostel as a rest spot and it was that and so much more! I can't recommend this hostel more. Oh if you have any fascination with the Grateful Dead or The Doors this place is a must visit!

I really loved this hostel. It's tiny and you immediately feel at home, and the staff will do anything to make you feel comfortable. The common room is really great, there's a huge selection of music, films and games. Simply the ideal place to chill for a few days. Only drawback – you kind of need to get a bus into town, as it's a bit far to walk.

Mama and Papa were wonderful and truly connect with the guests. The atmosphere is really chill, and it felt like home after 3 short days. P.s. If you are a Deadhead, you MUST stay at Mamas and Papas!!! And if you're not, you should still stay there.

• 18th Sep 2015

We had a brilliant weekend at mamas & papas hostel. The room was cozy with a very comfortable bed. Both the room and the other parts of the hostel were very clean. The location is just few minutes by bus from the center of the city. The owners of the hostel were very kind and attentive to us. We also had included a very nice breakfast. Totally recommended!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Excellent place to stay. Very helpful staff, absolutely wonderful Mama's & Papa's owners. They waited for me till 3 a.m. Very clean hostel, good breakfast. The hostel is only 10 min by bus from centre of Gdansk. Is the best hostel where I stayed, atmosphere like at home. Next time when I will visit Gdansk, I will stay here. Thanks again for everything.

Very welcoming hosts and friendly guests. Located a little off the city but well connected to the city. Late check out time. Definitely a very good experience.

Really good place in Gdansk. Owners are very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a warm-relaxing atmosphere about it. Enjoyed my time there and I would recommend it.

This has to be the best hostel I have ever stay in. Mama and Papa are so friendly and always have time for you to help with anything you need. The place is ultra clean, comfortable beds, large chill-out common area, lovely garden and a substantial breakfast. If you are staying in Gdansk this is the place to be.

Mama and Papa are great, the place is easy to find and 10 minutes away from old town. The hostel has a very cozy environment, i would definitely stay there over and over again!

• 5th Sep 2015

Mama and Papa and their whole team are heartly people whose only conxern seems to be their guests well-being.

• 30th Aug 2015

Mama and Papa is the best hostel I've stayed at, truly a home away from home. It is exceptionally well kept, Mama and Papa also makes every effort to personally make sure the guests feel welcomed and taken good care of. Words can not describe how greatful I was to have stayed here after being on the road for months. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Gdansk!

I was very happy with the my stay at hostel mamas and the papas. Very god staff and very god accomodation.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Iceland

That is one of the best hostel in which i stayed! I strongly recommend this one for everyone who is looking for nice place and helpful owners in Gdansk :)

I was very pleased with the hostel and the lovely staff :) They were very helpful!!! (Even carried my luggage to the local train station!!) The guesthouse was clean and had good lockers. The living room upstairs was cozy. Quiet location which felt safe even in the middle of the night, and a 24-hour little shop 2 minutes down the street. Nice garden.

We spent one night at mammas & pappas. Staff was super helpful and caring, they even texted us if everything is fine - our plane landed late. If you are coming with the ryanair flight from Warsaw bear in mind that you might just miss the last daytime bus which has a direct connection and you might end up with a complicated journey. However Uber works in the area!! Do not let yourself ripped off by local cab drivers. Atmosphere great and large common area. Breakfast table is rather small though.