Mambembe Hostel

Superb 493 Total Reviews
Superb 493 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2017

Had such a fantastic time staying in Mambembe, it was the perfect place to be during the last leg of our time in Brazil before flying back home. Yuri was exceptionally helpful, friendly and a total joy to be around showing us the best nightlife and sightseeing places. We'll be coming back for carnival in a few years, big love to you all !

• Northern Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Sep 2017

One of favourite hostels from my trip in South America!!! Great place to chill out. Has everything you need, including very helpful and welcoming staff!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

Such a lovely and great hostel! I enjoyed the stay in there a lot!!!

• saschkacp6489
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017

I liked this place. It felt like home the moment I walked in. Super chill but super friendly staff, beautiful building with plenty of space to socialise or to hide from others if you want some alone time. Awesome location and beautiful view, you can watch hummingbirds in the back garden. The staff were sooo lovely, took me to a great party and we danced until the morning 💜 I love you guys and send you big squishy cuddles. Please take my email for contact if you ever come to Australia 🌻

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2017

Really great hostel, awesome staff, clean kitchen and bathrooms. Awesome vibe and good fun on the weekend without being too rowdy. Met some great ppl here.

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017

Spent 5 nights that I will not forget in Rio, mostly thanks to this hostel and it's amazing staff, recommending the sights to see, warning us of the tourist traps, and being just generally friendly and genuinely nice. It's away from the big tourist areas so it's a fair way to a beach, but it does mean that the area isn't overly stupid expensive. I give my thanks to the staff and hope that others read this review an know this is a great choice! One last thing: The staff is amazing at languages!

• Germany, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2017

BEAUTIFUL AMAZING HOSTEL

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

I truly loved Mambembe, of all the hostels I've ever stayed at this one has been my favorite. Lots of plants and artwork everywhere, nice common spaces to hangout, the bar had good prices for drinks and the layout made it really easy to meet people. The room I stayed in had it's own balcony with a table and hammocks and a beautiful view of the Santa Teresa neighborhood. The breakfast was better than the other hostels I've stayed at in Brasil as well. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Rio!

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

My stay was very short but very sweet. Definitely one of the best hostels I've been to. Amazing atmosphere, awesome people, and great facilities.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
6th Jul 2017
7.1

Would definitely recommend Mamembe Hostel! Cool chill out areas, helpful staff and it's located in rio's party area. Amazing night life only a couple of minute walk away - perfect!! Feels like you stay in the "real rio" and not in the tourist area which we liked. Breakfasts was not great at all. And unfortunately it was quite dirty. There was hair and dirt on the floor, beds were not comfortable and the linen we got had holes and massive stains on them. Shared bathrooms were quite dirty too.

×