Mambembe Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 251, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had a very good night in this hostel. Very clean and very kind staff, and all of that with a good price. Definitely coming back if I ever need to stay overnight in rio.

Mambembe was my favorite hostel in Rio! It has a laid-back atmosphere and is great for solo travelers to meet people. The staff is really helpful and welcoming. We came home late after a night out and the guy working at reception offered us the food he was cooking. It definitely has more of a homey feel, which is why so many people end up staying longer than expected.

Mambembe was my favourite place to stay in Rio. Everything about it was great and its easy to call it home.

• 30th Dec 2014

Nice hostel. Ok area, unless want to stay in Lapa

Fun hostel with a good vibe. Right by Lapa, a big tourist/party area, and the Selaron Steps--great location if you don't mind walking up the hill every day. Bathrooms and rooms were cleaned daily and staff was super chill, really helpful, and accommodating. We stayed in the cheapest dorm rooms, and my partner couldn't sleep b/c it was way hot on the highest bunk, so he was told he could borrow a personal fan from the bar, but we ended up going to a friend's house that night anyway. Would return.

• 18th Dec 2014

I really enjoyed the time at this hostel and made me to extent the stay two times. The hostel is very unique because of all the travelling artists staying there. If you wanna spend a bit more time in Rio and looking for an cozy environment to hang out and meet interesting people, i would definitely recommend this place.

well this place turned out to be a great find … i went on a friends recommendation,, was very impressed with the price after comparing it with a few other places and after staying a few days i abandon my plan of changing hostels and staying in other parts of Rio … its very easy to get around from Lapa and things are cheaper in this part of town …the hostel is clean and everything works … the guys that own the place and the staff were very very helpful .. I would recommend this place ..

• 25th Nov 2014