Mambembe Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 251, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best hostel I stayed at in Brazil! A really nice big old house turned into a well decorated hostel with a bohemian touch. The place is full of nice posters, plants, a lot of books, and it has a living room with a comfy sofa where you can watch movies. The staff is super friendly and helpful and offered us not only fun activities, but also delicious home made dinner several times during our stay. Made me feel like home, can't wait to go back someday :) Thanks guys!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Breakfast very good, wi fi excellent, bathroom clean 'nd nice shower.

I booked for three nights, and ended up staying for three weeks. Mambembe is an excellent choice -- the hostel is welcoming and has a fun and laid-back vibe. It is near lots of bars and grocery stores in Lapa, and yet the road is quiet and residential. The staff are super helpful and friendly, and the accommodations are clean. Stay here.

Great hostel, from the first minute you feel like at home, all the staff are amazing! Thank you guys! And see you soon!

I had a very good night in this hostel. Very clean and very kind staff, and all of that with a good price. Definitely coming back if I ever need to stay overnight in rio.

Mambembe was my favorite hostel in Rio! It has a laid-back atmosphere and is great for solo travelers to meet people. The staff is really helpful and welcoming. We came home late after a night out and the guy working at reception offered us the food he was cooking. It definitely has more of a homey feel, which is why so many people end up staying longer than expected.

1 2 Next » last »