Mambembe Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Murtinho, 251, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice building. Location close to Lapa, we went in Carnival time so area smelt and was dirty but that was the same for many areas in rio that week! Quick internet and clean beds.

I stayed here during Carnival. The hostel is up a steep hill so once we left for the day we werent coming back and forth all day. Good chilled atmosphere.

As soon as i arrived here I felt at home. So much so that I extended my stay and came back to stay again after that. The location is great so long as you dont have your heart set on being close to the beach, but it´s not difficult at all to get there. If I return to Rio i would stay there again.

1 2 Next » last »