Mambo Tango Youth Hostel Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

This was probably the quietest hostel I had been to. Extra charges of you pay with credit card. They have a breakfast of cereal, coffee, toasts. Free wifi(not strongest signal upstairs, best in lobby or basement chill area). Pub crawls every night, get cheap drinks/free shots. Computer access in basement, and staff allow you to send them things to print. Each bed has charge bar. Until reaction was "wow, this place is dead", but the rooms filled by evening. Staff gave us free sangria for welcome

This is a great hostel in the perfect location as it wasn't to far a walk from La Rambla, the beach, or the Olympic stadium which was brilliant, and the staff were always extremely helpful in helping us plan our journeys and recommending things to do. I would definitely recommend this hostel to people traveling to Barcelona!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location but has not got much else going for it. The rooms smell strongly of mould, and just after 2 nights, all my clothes & belongings wreak of mould! Had to throw out my aeroplane neck pillow & wash ALL my clothes!

Mambo Tango was a great hostel! A 10 minute walk from the center of things, and good vibes.

• 16th Aug 2015

Really my only complaint is that one night on the bed left me with a very sore back for four days. Otherwise the facility was great, I felt very secure, the other people staying there were extremely friendly and everything was very clean. I enjoyed the breakfast and the hot shower, and the front desk was extremely helpful when I was trying to figure the way to my next destination.

• 15th Aug 2015

Our stay wasn't what we expected due to a change in management. There weren't any organised activities or a social atmosphere. We found the staff lacked knowledge about the general area eg where we could do our laundry. The security was poor in the rooms, I could open my friends padlock with my own different key, one locker was not even provided a lock. Additionally, one of the showers did not lock. There was rubbish in the rooms when we arrived and was still there when we checked out.

This property is no longer run by the same people. There is little to no atmosphere anymore. They don't run pub crawls or organize activities. As a solo traveler I picked my hostels based on their social atmosphere and was very disappointed. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms, if it's working at all. You are no longer allowed to use their laundry facilities because they "are filled with sheets and towels" The beds are ok, the showers clean and the breakfast is typical

It was an alright hostel for the night. Only 4 minutes on the metro from the Plaça de Catalunya. Not much of an atmosphere when I was there. Beds were comfortable.

WOW. gonna miss u guys. norbie; you're doing it so well. I won't forget this time for a loooooooooong period.

great staff, funny and helpfull. free lockers and you can leave your stuff in a storage room if you're gonna arrive earlier then the checkin time. lovely stay! and giovanni's food is UNFORGETTABLE! thanks.

For being my first hostel experience I must say that it has raised my expectations and tandards for future hostels. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was very laid back and friendly too. The pub crawls were a lot of fun and although they were hectic at times, it was till an enjoyable experience. When I come back to Barcelona I'm definitely going to stay here again.

• 29th Jul 2015

Stayed in mixed dorm room with girlfriend for 1 night. Great Location, street beside has loads of tapas & bars. Nice people working there. Clean.

• 28th Jul 2015

Dissapointing, i ended up canceling because of the lack of open space, bellow average common area and kitchen and therefore overpriced for what i was getting. The 8 bed dorm i was put in was literally too small to move around. Ironically the bathroom ensuit area is bigger than the room! I would not recommend this place, got to fabrizzios terrace instead!

Great staff! Thank you! Size of hostel makes it easy to meet people :) and it's nice and clean!!

Oh I loved the place. It's quite small (think the owner said 42 beds) so it's easy to meet people. They have something going on every night. Staff is very friendly. Lots of tapas places just around the corner. Good place for a solo traveller...

The Italian Eminem is the best staff ever

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

I had a private room so the cleanliness and security was good. They kind of tried to help with activities but weren't too interested.

Had everything you could need, but would benefit from a fan in the downstairs room, as it was significantly hotter than higher up rooms. Also the wifi isn't brilliant in some of the additional rooms, and you do need to come toward the reception for better connection However a great vibe, and good for meeting people

A fantastic location and the activities are great. €3 pasta is always delicious. GIOVANNI and NORBIE of the staff very funny and helpfull. cleaning lady as well always ready to help you.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • China

I really enjoyed my stay. Super convenient location. Friendly staff gave me lots of good recommendations for things to do. Chill atmosphere, easy to make friends. Overall great experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7