Mambo Tango Youth Hostel Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

1901 Total Reviews

Thank you Mambo for giving us a great place to rest our heads! The location can't be beat for Barca - within walking distance to the beach & gothic quarter, easy to get to Montjuic for a hike, few minutes away from the metro. We made amigos at another hostel so only really spent time here to shower, get ready, & sleep. But whenever we were around the staff was friendly & the atmosphere was cozy!

We stayed at this hostel because it was rated very highly online. When we got to our room we had found a syringe on one of the beds and other drug paraphernalia on top of one of the lockers. We informed the lady at the front desk and she came and changed the sheets of the bed and removed the items and told us that the cleaning lady must have not seen the items. We told the lady that we did not feel comfortable in the room and she did not do anything about it...

• 23rd Oct 2015

Nice hostel in a nice quiet location just outside the city centre. Great staff too!

I did not end up staying due to a mistake on my part with booking. They were very kind about my situation. I was grateful.

The hostel location is excellent. It is within easy walking distance of all the main tourist attractions in Barcelona, as well as being a 2 minute walk from the local Metro station. The staff are friendly and helpful and can all speak excellent English. The atmosphere is friendly and it is easy to meet new people and fellow travellers in the lounge area in the basement. The hostel is also cleaned thoroughly every morning. The cooking facilities are adequate with two hobs to cook food on.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Wales

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER - FALSE ADVERTISING!!! Despite their efforts to make this hostel quiet, it is impossible to block out the noise of Barcelona from this location. Street noise continued all night and did not settle until 5 in the morning. Loud and obnoxious people and traffic (from the Paral-lel) sounded as if they were inside the room. I was ripped off for $250 prepaid dollars, and was LIED TO by the front desk staff that only the website could issue a refund, as I tried to cancel.

Great hostel. Nice location. In dorm 1 bulk beds are too noisy and they need improve air flow, 9 people and closed door totally no fresh air after a while.

very friendly and enjoyed my stay I would use again but not room 6 as difficult to get a good nights sleep with tumble driers and washing machines working 24/7 against bedroom wall! especially after 23:00!!! Perhaps that room should be discounted should at least be told before staying.

The location was great. They gave great direction to locate the hostel. Rooms had lockers with locks, we used our own locks. They had activities both nights we stayed. Great food near hostel and short walk to beach, Gothic quarter, etc.

Very friendly and helpful staff

I paid a lot more for my room and expected heaps better than to have cold showers in the communal area. Will never stay here again. The location was good though.

Would definitely not recommend. Was baffled by the lack of cleanliness in the showers and the bedrooms (in fact my bed was dirty), the room smelled of mould, the location was at least a 15 min walk from the city centre and there was little to no atmosphere. It was old, run down and would not stay there again

This hostel doesn't have the best location in the Parallel part of Barcelona, but it is a great place! Parallel is in the middle between attractions with nothing particularly close but the metro. It was very easy to meet people, and they had a great common room downstairs. It can get noisy and the beds creak, but they have large lockers with keys for free, locked rooms with access card, and a locked luggage room. They have a variety of tours that you can sign up for and they host pub crawls.

This hostel is pretty nice, but not the best for meeting people if you're traveling alone. The rooms are all very separate and there really isn't a room that people hang out in. Pretty clean and good location though.

I really enjoyed staying there and will definitely stay again next time I go to Barcelona. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good and the atmosphere was really cozy. It's a good place for solo travelers who are looking for fun people to hang out with and enjoy everything Barcelona has to offer. The only downside of this place, in my opinion, were the matresses, which I didn't find very comfortable (though that's not something that would stop me from returning). I recommend it!

• 26th Aug 2015

Being much older than the average visitor, I still like it. Very friendly and you can get help with a lot of things. Good computers that can be used by everyone, I like that. Go on, buy new ones. As everywhere in Barcelona there is quite often problems with getting online. Especially by Wi Fi. But I did hace connection in the room. Lovely neighbourhood. Good Tapas Bars very close. But I wouldn't go in August again.

This was probably the quietest hostel I had been to. Extra charges of you pay with credit card. They have a breakfast of cereal, coffee, toasts. Free wifi(not strongest signal upstairs, best in lobby or basement chill area). Pub crawls every night, get cheap drinks/free shots. Computer access in basement, and staff allow you to send them things to print. Each bed has charge bar. Until reaction was "wow, this place is dead", but the rooms filled by evening. Staff gave us free sangria for welcome

This is a great hostel in the perfect location as it wasn't to far a walk from La Rambla, the beach, or the Olympic stadium which was brilliant, and the staff were always extremely helpful in helping us plan our journeys and recommending things to do. I would definitely recommend this hostel to people traveling to Barcelona!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location but has not got much else going for it. The rooms smell strongly of mould, and just after 2 nights, all my clothes & belongings wreak of mould! Had to throw out my aeroplane neck pillow & wash ALL my clothes!

Mambo Tango was a great hostel! A 10 minute walk from the center of things, and good vibes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5