Mambo Tango Youth Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 2006 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

My friend and I stayed here for three nights. The area is really nice and many restaurants and cafés are close by. The metro stop is really near aswell and you get good connections with the Metro or the Bus to all the major things to do and you can reach a lot of things by foot aswell. My friend and I were surprised on how quite it was throughout the night, they also have posters everywhere that remind people to be quite.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2017

I loved this place. Made my Barcelona experience. Super helpful and friendly staff. The atmosphere is great - there is enough going on for a solo traveler to meet people and get involved but also there's not a lot of pressure or disturbances if you just want to sleep. Highly recommended. Thanks

28th Jul 2017
7.1

The address and directions I received for Mambo Tango were extremely incorrect. The location was not as central as I expected and therefore the value was not as great as I expected. In addition I expected Mambo Tango to be a youth hostel (as advertised) but there were many older guests. Overall, the location and fellow guests did not bother me and I still had a nice stay, however I still felt that Mambo Tango's booking system was misleading. Breakfast was below average.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2017
4.9

When we arrived we laid the full amount for 3 nights only to find out that one of us was in a different room, and one of us didn't have a bed at all. Even though we didn't have a bed to sleep in.. the staff REFUSED to give us our money back. We ended up having to share a bed... which is what a couple in our room also has to do. There were 10 people in our 8 bedroom room all sharing showers and sinks. The staff refused to give us our money back for the night that we didn't have enough beds.

15th Jul 2017
7.4

Does not actually have airport transfers! I picked this hostel last minute because I new the metro wouldn't be open early enough. So paid a little more because the website says they have transfers. They don't... just a website they give you that's €27 and I ended up being late and almost bumped from my flight. Otherwise clean hostel and chill, near a metro station or 25 min walk from main shopping/restaurant areas

8th Jul 2017

Very comfy beds. Nice curtains. Nice lockers. Showers are cramped and you have to push every 30 seconds to keep it going. Very clean. Breakfast is apples, toast, and cereal.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2017

great location, convenient for transport or I walked basically everywhere. Good bars etc nearby. The staff were helpful and printed our tickets for us. It's nice that they have lockers and locks for free. The wifi is awful, basically unusable. It was also really cold in my room and you had to go downstairs to ask them to turn the aircon down. The showers are also awful, gives you about 15 seconds of water (no pressure) before turning off. Changes temperatures every 2 seconds.

20th Jun 2017
6.9

This was the last hostel I stayed in on my solo backpacking trip and I picked it because I was sick of the huge party hostels and wanted something chill, while it was chill and smaller, the common area is in, pretty much, the basement and there wasn't much of a collaborative effort to make friends. I spent most of my time here alone, However, the area is great and its good for the price.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

Jowita was amazing! She really made my stay feel like home and always had a beautiful smile to greet me with regardless of how busy she was. Definitely deserves a promotion!

• Israel, Female, 31-40
30th May 2017
8.0

I liked my stay, except for shared showers.