Mambo Tango Youth Hostel Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

This is one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. There is everything one could want/need with staff that gave amazing help from the minute I arrived till the minute I left.

Everything was great. This location was also very close to the train and main street for cabbing. The beach is only about $6 euros away in a cab! I absolutely enjoyed the staff. Always so helpful and fun. Norberto and Giovanni were great!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel is very clean and bright, and the common area hosts a lot of opportunity to meet others. I loved my stay and will be back! They offer a free pub crawl which is awesome and host it every night. You can always join later too. The location is near lots of tapas bars and affordable eats. Stay at this hostel! The location is also very safe and easily navigable by Metro!

Best hostel I stayed out throughout my entire Europe trip! The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. When I arrived, they showed me on a map exactly where to go in Barcelona. The bathrooms are very clean. The pub crawls were very fun and great way to meet other travelers. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Staff at the hostel were great, arranging bar crawls for all the guests. Rooms were pleasant but our aircon was a bit dodgy. Great hostel

• 2nd Jul 2015

great location and easy to find, half a block from a whole avenue of great tapas bars and not hard to get to the metro or just walk to la ramblas from. Best hostel staff I have met in my travels and all around great time staying here.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I never have a bad time at a Sant Jordi. This place was great, staff was friendly. Common area a bit small but cozy. I only had one night but I always have love for SJ. Stayed in Alberg last year and it was the best time of my life. Always recommend. Great pub crawls as well!

Absolutely LOVED our stay at SJMT! Best hostel stay of the summer. We had a private two person room that was perfect--AC, ensuite bathroom, clean sheets, stone floors, comfortable beds, great blackout curtains. On a quiet side street so you could actually fall asleep (unlike other places we stayed). Building is revamped old wine cellar-awesome layout. Norby, Pablo and the rest of the staff are fantastic! Warm, friendly, generous and helpful--you immediately feel like part of the family.

Greatest stay in a hostel ive had!

This hostel is very fun and has a great atmosphere. It is in a central location. Most of the exciting things happen at night as they have pub crawls every night. I would recommend this place to people looking for a fun time partying it up in Barcelona but I would not say it is the best place to sleep or relax! Overall really enjoyed my stay. Thanks to all the staff for being so friendly and fun!

• 30th Jun 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting us with any queries we had. The tapas restaurants around the corner on Bligh served delicious food. Our linen seemed to be stained though, which was our only concern.

• 28th Jun 2015

Great hostel!!The location was fantastic,the staff (especially Giovanni and Norby) were super friendly and helpful,and the crowd of travelers was awesome.Being a small hostel,everyone became friends really quickly and hung out in one big group,wich made it feel like one big family!Would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Jun 2015

Amazing customer service & treatment!! I wish I could give greater than 100%! The staff was excellent, professional, & understanding of my situation when I had a last minute change in itinerary. I have to give extra special thanks to Giovanni. He made sure I was taken care of, looked after me as a lone traveler & made sure everything I needed was accommodated for. He went above & beyond expectation! I give him highest praise for all that he did to make my stay comfortable. I will come back!

• 26th Jun 2015

I was extremely happy with my stay here and would even consider returning. Just the right space for a hostel vibe but also allowed for personal space. Staff was extremely nice, helpful, and willing to help. Thank you for making my first hostel dorm and solo trip experience a great one!

Comfortable stay. Staff were all lovely and extremely helpful. Wifi worked well in rooms. Nice common area. Great tapas bars around the corner. Very small, basic kitchen. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm - half the beds had much larger storage lockers than the others.

Great little quirky hostel with friendly staff and activities every night. Only slight downfall really is the area its located is a little dodgy at night but as long as you're alert you should be fine.

The best quality people work here and they keep it all running smoothly!

We loved our stay at Sant Jordi Mambo Tango!! The staff was incredible and welcoming. When we first arrived, Elisa sat down with us and oriented us to the map of Barcelona. She gave us great recommendations for cool spots and restaurants. Norberto was also incredible and made us feel so welcome. He even knocked on our door at 6:00am to make sure we didn't miss our flight! The hostel was very clean, safe, quiet, had great wifi, was right next to a metro, awesome location, and computers to use.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Hi there! I spent two days at the Hostel Sant Jordi Mambo Tango. It was very nice. People were amazing and the staff was very helpful. In Barcelona, I stayed at another hostel as well, but I would definitely recommend Mambo Tango! See you :) !

amazing hostel, amazing staff. couldn't have been a better hostel. will definitely be back soon.

• 19th Jun 2015