Mambo Tango Youth Hostel Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is a party hostel. For this reason I wasn't a fan but it still had good facilities etc. kettle was behind the counter which was annoying cause I like to make lots of cups of tea. Staff were friendly. Overall a nice hostel just not my thing as I like a hostel to feel more homely.

Excellent time best hostel I've stayed in yet. As a solo traveller it sometimes is hard to meet people at larger hostels but it was so easy to meet people and chill in the common room. The staff are very helpful too and the rooms are quite spacious. Only annoying thing was that the luggage room and by extension the common room next to it sometimes smelled a little bit that is a minor detail. Overall excellent.

The hostel isn't too much big, and it's the best way to meet all the other travellers. Facilities are OK, the toilets clean and the beds comfortable. It has all that an hostel needs to have. But what makes this good hostel a perfect one is the staff, indeed! Norberto and all the good moments he gave to us, from the magic fountain to having fun in the club; and Giovani, who finally let me taste a fantastic and original italian pasta.. in barcelona! And pubcrawls are great too, I'll come back soon

Sant Jordi is what you want in a hostel - a home base. The location was central, the building is secure and there are lockers, it's kept very clean...yet it also has character, great staff, and they provide you with resources to explore the city, if you want them. They make venturing out and enjoying Barcelona easy.

This is probably the best hostel I have been to. The staff is the best of any hostel I have been to hands down. The atmosphere is chilled out and the rooms are comfortable. If you like smaller hostels filled with good people come here.

• 13th Apr 2015

Thanks Guys! I feel that I have a place in Barcelone. You made me part of your family, and what a Family! CHEERS TO MAMBO TANGO!

This place was good. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice quiet area to relax downstairs. Stayed an extra night. One in a private and one in a dorm. Both were good. Clean facilities and friendly staff.

At the beginning I was sceptical about the idea to stay in a hostel; but a few seconds in this one made my mind changes! Be welcomed by Giovanni was so nice and funny, and spending the night with the crazy Eliza and her energies was an unforgettable experience! I definitely recommend a stay in MamboTango! Thaks guys!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Pros: - Close to metro stop and generally in a central location - Staff very friendly Cons: - Showers require you to keep pressing the button every 30 sec for water to continue to flow. Otherwise, you get cold water for a few seconds. - The room I stayed in was very cold at night. I asked the reception for help and they changed the heater settings but that didn't seem to do anything. Finally, I asked for 2 extra blankets instead. Would not stay here again

Everything was amazing!! When I return to Barcelona, I will return here!! And the hosts were very welcoming and friendly. In particular Cacao; in her I have made a friend! Overall, fantastic!

• 5th Apr 2015