Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

It was our second time there. It's an oasis in the city, with open patios, swimming pool. The area is relatively safe, there's a park and a mall close by. You will always meet a lot of travelers there. If you're more than one person, check the private rooms, they're not much more expensive but secure. I'm not sure about prices of shuttle, for we paid $5 for 2 ppl for taxi from TIca Bus but at the hostel they charge 7 for 1 person and 9 for 2. Still we took a shuttle to the airport with them.

Great hostel, all faclities at hand, very relaxed atmosphere.

Nice place, good spot to come to when flying in or out.

I stayed here only for one night, but the overall impression is good.

Excellent hostel and great value for the money. The pool and the Netflix TV were a good bonus. I had booked a female dorm, but due to overbooking I was moved to a room with a double bed and two bunks with an ensuite bathroom at no extra cost. At check in I was helped by Roberto. He was super nice, very resourceful. Few minor issues, the 2nd day, the evening employee wasnt as helpful and not proactive. Couldnt get help for a taxi. The kitchen could also use more cookingware. I'd stay there again.

Great place to stay when in Managua for a day or more. Comfortable and tidy, the pool is an awesome amenity.

Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you again soon.

Spent 3 nights here and really, this place has all the amenities a great backpacker lodge needs. There were 2 modern, well-stocked kitchens, free filtered water and a great pool to escape the Managua heat. The Internet was fast and reliable and overall, all the staff were helpful and fully bilingual. A cool place to hang out in between destinations

Thanks for your kind comments!

Nice place, would stay again

Thanks! See you again soon!

The hostel itself seemed pretty cool. The guy who threatened to beat me up and yelled weird things for most of the evening was what bothered me. Staff didn't seem to care until I told them that I felt incredibly uncomfortable with having to sleep in the same room as him. I eventually got a single room for no additional charge, but it took a lot of convincing to get actual help. At first they thought it was a joke. If I hadn't insisted on that who knows what this high and drunk guy would've done.

• 5th Feb 2015

It may have taken a bit of time for the reception to investigate the situation, but we actually take this kind of situation very seriously and for that reason we offered that you could move to a private room at no additional charge. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you had with this guest.

Great place to meet other travelers and some good markets a short taxi ride away. Nice pool and free coffee. Lockers adequate button the small side, kitchens ok. Air con in the dorm could have been a bit stronger.

Thanks for your comments! We checked and made some repairs to the a/c in the room you are referring to. Its now working fine.

the gentleman at te front desk was more than helpful. It didn't botherhim that I spoke very little Spanish, in fact he was patient and would let me know where things were. The room was good, and conveniently there was an old trail runners magazine in on of the drawers. I'm only in town for the Fuego y Agua race this Saturday so I took that as a sign that I went to the right place.

• 1st Feb 2015

Thanks for the positive comments!

We stayed on 3 different occasions and 3 times we had problems. 1: The light in our bathroom didn't work so we couldn't shower when we arrived at night with lighting. We were told we would recieve some compenation, but we didn't. 2: On checkout we made a booking for the following week. It wasn't recorded correctly and we were without a room as the whole place was booked. We were told it was our fault. 3: Airport pick up we were made to pay the carpark exit fee. Not cool.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Oasis in the midst of chaotic Managua ... situated in a relatively safe neighborhood within walking distance of one of city's biggest malls, restaurants, bars and more. Open air courtyards, a refreshing swimming pool, and an expansive Netflix library round out the offerings here. A/C dorms with ensuite bathroom are the best value, and while cheaper dorms are fine, getting more and less noisy fans will help make them even better.

Cool place. Laid back.

• 24th Jan 2015

A very friendly and helpful staff. I stayed in the women's dorm and met some of the nicest people. The shuttle met at the airport at 2:00 am which was a big relief and took me to the hostel. I will stay here again on my way out of Micaragua.

• 24th Jan 2015

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you back in May!

I bought their airport shuttle service and once i got to the airport the driver wasnt there, i had to look for him for a few minutes and he was anything but nice. the reception lady at midnight didnt have money change and wanted to force me to pay and give me the change the next day. I refused and the she wanted to hold my passport. Too police like. Nice facilities, they charge enough to buy a freaking air con. Too hot rooms. Nice facilities and pool

Thanks for your comments. Our reception is actually closed at 11pm however our overnight staff are available to welcome guests that are arriving on a late flight. Upon arrival, we ask for payment or a passport as a guarantee until the reception is open the next morning. Another option available to customers is to pay by credit card if they don't have exact change and don't wish to leave their passport with the staff. We have a dormitory with a/c and most of our private rooms come with a/c.

Always friendly staff. The shuttle to and from the airport is just a fantastic idea. Your always my first stop in nicaragua. thanks love ya

• 21st Jan 2015

Cheers! See you again soon.

Great hostel, comfortable beds, staff all speak excellent English and are really helpful. We got off the Tica bus and all the taxi drivers knew the hostal so no problems with directions ( only with getting a fair price, we paid 5 dollars for 2 people).

Thanks for your comments. A fair price from Tica bus to the hostel would be around 80-100 Cordobas ($3-$4). Make sure to negotiate the price before you take the ride, just to avoid the possibility of getting overcharged.

Super cute for a temporary stay! The pool helps so much because there is quite little to do around Managua! So many awesome bars and food nearby as well as the convenience of the mall a minute away!

Thanks for your positive comments!

Roberto is the guy at the frontdesk that you need to help you! He is really kind and do.everything possible to give you the good.information. But the other guys at the front.desk.where looking high and lost in the wind... The place is very secure and of a mall with grocery store which is really nice because you have access to the kitchen to cook. The pool is also really nice! This is a good option for transit to go at the airport or arriving in managua .

• 12th Jan 2015