Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

I got fleas on my last night here.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Cool hostel; met loads of nice people who I've continued to travel with. The guy on reception is hilarious. Good place and berry cheap!

Thanks for your comments. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to meet lots of people. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

It was clean and tidy for a stop over for two nights. Our favourite staff member is reberto. Always willing to help and could have a laugh with us.

Thanks for your positive feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our staff.

Staff seemed tired of dealing with travelers. They need to find some inspiration to be more welcoming to their guests.

• 4th Aug 2015

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our apologies that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully you can give us another chance at some point in the future. All the best.

The front desk guy, Roberto, is great. There were a couple of odd loafers who seemed to be making a life of staying in MBI. In general, this seemed to militate against the harmony of the place. We witnessed some loud arguments between said loafers and hostel staff. An MBI patron additionally accused us of destroying some of their belongings, which neither of us did. This all made for an incredibly awkward stay.

• 26th Jul 2015

Hi, I'm glad the reception was able to provide you with good service during your stay. Unfortunately, as a hostel, which is by nature a very open and communal environment, we can't necessarily control the type of interactions guests will have with other guests, so our apologies for the problems you had with some of the other people here at that time. I truly believe it was a simple misunderstanding, when it came the accusations made toward you about damaging the other guests belongings

The guy that works the front desk in the evenings is great! Nice, amiable, helpful, informative, makes you feel welcome! The guy that works the front desk in the daytime is just the opposite. Grumpy, barely speaks, makes you feel unwelcome, very bad at customer service. I averaged the two guys together to get my rating of 'average' for staff.

Thanks for providing your comments. Our apologies for the poor service you received during your stay. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our customer service going forward.

Decent hostel for a night in Managua in a seemingly safe location. 5 min walk to mall with food court and supermarket, which is the biggest plus for me. Reliable taxi service in the early morning to the airport.

Thanks for your comments! We hope to see you again soon.

Does the job well, only stayed here one night but the bed was fine and whilst the hostel is a little more expensive than its equivalents in other parts of Nica, I assume that's just because it's the capital. Staff are friendly, there was quite a few people there and it was a chatty atmosphere.

• 17th Jul 2015

Thank you for your positive review. The costs of running a hostel in Managua are significantly higher than they are outside of the city, for that reason we are slightly more expensive than the average equivalent hostel in Leon, Granada or SJDS, but not by very much.

Quiet. Nice pool. Great kitchen spaces (careful about what you leave on the counter - had our avocado stolen overnight). I appreciate the owner's serious concern about one of the staff hitting on me. He owner cared deeply that I felt comfortable there. Other employees were helpful, especially when my friend lost her passport. I'll stay again on my way out of town.

I'm glad you mostly enjoyed your stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the issues you had with this particular employee.

Hot dirty rooms, and dirty showers

As a rule,we clean all of the common spaces, including shared bathrooms on a constant basis, throughout the day. Rooms are cleaned every morning with a followup cleaning later on or when needed. Sorry for the issues you had during your stay with us and we'll try to keep a closer eye on the room and bathrooms.

This hostel is within easy walking distance of a great mall with excellent grocery store and food court with 2 chinese take aways and tons more for the weary traveller. I felt very safe walking these streets and the staff was helpful with all types of insider info. the shuttle to the airport worked better than expected and we were actually too early for once.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thanks for your positive comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Stayed here 1 night. If you're passing through Managua, you may as well stay here. No frills. Good breakfast. Helpful staff.

Swimming ool is wonderful, as Nicaragua is so hot and humid. They don't give you towels, no hot water. Near a shopping mall and supermarket, but not places to walk to once the sun has gone down. Managua is huge, and nothing is nearby.

• 29th Jun 2015

Just to clarify a few points, we do, and always have, offered free towels to our guests. Simply talk to the receptionist and we'll lend you a towel for the duration of your stay at no extra charge. As for hot water, although we don't offer hot water in the dorms, we have 2 private rooms that offer hot water.

Very good

Hostal is within reasonable location near airport and downtown bus terminal. I needed a place to crash for the night and MBI was ideal. Dorm room was a little congested for size: person ratio. Staff friendly and helpful enough. Had the breakfast....delish :)

Thanks for providing your feedback!

great hostel. so nice to watch netflix when you're hanging about waiting for a flight out of managua. A 20 min taxi to airport for $15 USD for 1 person or $10 USD for 2 or more people each is great. Also, if you're taking a bus from granada, it stops at the big shopping centre, and the hostel is only around the corner from there. Free water refills too so would strongly recommend the hostel. FYI - Roberto in particular is great to represent the hostel at the reception. hire more like him :)

Thanks for your positive comments!

Since the moment we walked in we were very uncomfortable. As Americans, the first thing we saw was a list of American sterotypes. The room and bathroom was filthy and overpriced. We couldn't get out fast enough

• 3rd Jun 2015

We pride ourselves on being a clean and secure hostel (as reflected in our high ratings on HostelWorld) that offers accommodations to fit most travelers budgets. We keep a close eye on the conditions of the rooms/beds/shared bathrooms, etc. so we were surprised to hear about the poor condition of your room. Our apologies for your experience.

Only stayed one night, however we had complications at the airport and arrived a day late. They wierdly didnt receive our cancellation for the shuttle and room, even if they have responded to all my other emails within 2 hours. Our stay was average and the hostel is well situated however with are the cancellations we werent reembourses it was a bit expensive. The breakfast café was also a bonus we enjoyed.

• 19th May 2015

Hi, Unfortunately we received the email notifying us of the cancellation of your flight very late and the shuttle driver had already gone to the airport to meet you. For that reason we were unable to reimburse you for the shuttle that evening. All the best and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Though the first time I stayed there the pool was empty, when I came back a month later I found that they had planned to revamp the pool area which is now really nice and quite refreshing in the hot sun.

We're glad you enjoyed the pool area. Hope to see you back soon.

Never had a chance to experience the hostel much but the 2 receptionists are such a laugh