Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

The front desk guy, Roberto, is great. There were a couple of odd loafers who seemed to be making a life of staying in MBI. In general, this seemed to militate against the harmony of the place. We witnessed some loud arguments between said loafers and hostel staff. An MBI patron additionally accused us of destroying some of their belongings, which neither of us did. This all made for an incredibly awkward stay.

• 26th Jul 2015

The guy that works the front desk in the evenings is great! Nice, amiable, helpful, informative, makes you feel welcome! The guy that works the front desk in the daytime is just the opposite. Grumpy, barely speaks, makes you feel unwelcome, very bad at customer service. I averaged the two guys together to get my rating of 'average' for staff.

Decent hostel for a night in Managua in a seemingly safe location. 5 min walk to mall with food court and supermarket, which is the biggest plus for me. Reliable taxi service in the early morning to the airport.

Does the job well, only stayed here one night but the bed was fine and whilst the hostel is a little more expensive than its equivalents in other parts of Nica, I assume that's just because it's the capital. Staff are friendly, there was quite a few people there and it was a chatty atmosphere.

• 17th Jul 2015

Quiet. Nice pool. Great kitchen spaces (careful about what you leave on the counter - had our avocado stolen overnight). I appreciate the owner's serious concern about one of the staff hitting on me. He owner cared deeply that I felt comfortable there. Other employees were helpful, especially when my friend lost her passport. I'll stay again on my way out of town.

Hot dirty rooms, and dirty showers

This hostel is within easy walking distance of a great mall with excellent grocery store and food court with 2 chinese take aways and tons more for the weary traveller. I felt very safe walking these streets and the staff was helpful with all types of insider info. the shuttle to the airport worked better than expected and we were actually too early for once.

• 11th Jul 2015

Swimming ool is wonderful, as Nicaragua is so hot and humid. They don't give you towels, no hot water. Near a shopping mall and supermarket, but not places to walk to once the sun has gone down. Managua is huge, and nothing is nearby.

• 29th Jun 2015

Just to clarify a few points, we do, and always have, offered free towels to our guests. Simply talk to the receptionist and we'll lend you a towel for the duration of your stay at no extra charge. As for hot water, although we don't offer hot water in the dorms, we have 2 private rooms that offer hot water.

Very good

Hostal is within reasonable location near airport and downtown bus terminal. I needed a place to crash for the night and MBI was ideal. Dorm room was a little congested for size: person ratio. Staff friendly and helpful enough. Had the breakfast....delish :)

Thanks for providing your feedback!

great hostel. so nice to watch netflix when you're hanging about waiting for a flight out of managua. A 20 min taxi to airport for $15 USD for 1 person or $10 USD for 2 or more people each is great. Also, if you're taking a bus from granada, it stops at the big shopping centre, and the hostel is only around the corner from there. Free water refills too so would strongly recommend the hostel. FYI - Roberto in particular is great to represent the hostel at the reception. hire more like him :)

Thanks for your positive comments!

Since the moment we walked in we were very uncomfortable. As Americans, the first thing we saw was a list of American sterotypes. The room and bathroom was filthy and overpriced. We couldn't get out fast enough

• 3rd Jun 2015

We pride ourselves on being a clean and secure hostel (as reflected in our high ratings on HostelWorld) that offers accommodations to fit most travelers budgets. We keep a close eye on the conditions of the rooms/beds/shared bathrooms, etc. so we were surprised to hear about the poor condition of your room. Our apologies for your experience.

Only stayed one night, however we had complications at the airport and arrived a day late. They wierdly didnt receive our cancellation for the shuttle and room, even if they have responded to all my other emails within 2 hours. Our stay was average and the hostel is well situated however with are the cancellations we werent reembourses it was a bit expensive. The breakfast café was also a bonus we enjoyed.

• 19th May 2015

Hi, Unfortunately we received the email notifying us of the cancellation of your flight very late and the shuttle driver had already gone to the airport to meet you. For that reason we were unable to reimburse you for the shuttle that evening. All the best and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Though the first time I stayed there the pool was empty, when I came back a month later I found that they had planned to revamp the pool area which is now really nice and quite refreshing in the hot sun.

We're glad you enjoyed the pool area. Hope to see you back soon.

Never had a chance to experience the hostel much but the 2 receptionists are such a laugh

spacious REAL hostel in the city!

Thanks for your positive comments...hope we see you again soon!

Great pool - really needed as it was so hot! Friendly staff and the shuttle to the king quality station was easy to book and trouble free.

Thanks for your positive feedback!

The bathroom in rear of the hostel needs repair. The sink is about to fall off.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. Since you stayed here we've renovated that bathroom completely. Cheers.

Everything was great aabout this hostel..... Staff were friendly and helpful on every level. Great garden, pool and common areas. Very cleanclean. Really comphy beds and they didn't squeek like the previous ten jostles I stayed at. Great place to get rest. You can have peace and quiet after 11pm and you can't hear other doors in the hostel shutting. Twill over this place.

Thanks for your comments!

Some ups and downs. Cold water, staff never at the counter, pool out of order, and really old towels from the front desk. Guy who checked us in after a 20 min wait was nice and I think he was the only English speaker. I would not recommend walking around at night. Ever

Hi, We're very sorry for the long wait you experienced during check-in. Sometimes depending upon the volume of guests, the line-up at reception can get a bit long. Also, the maintenance to our pool was completed since you stayed with us. Thanks for your feedback!