Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

Nothing special, but for a night good.

A great hostel, they charge you about 10 dollars for a shuttle to the airport if you are more than one person. If it's just you 15 dollars. It was a little bit sad that you can't use the pool at the moment because it's being painted. I think they will open it again after 26 April.

Hi, Thanks for your comments. The pool is currently under maintenance and we originally expected that it could take until the 26th of April to complete. Fortunately, we're ahead of schedule, so with luck (and the weather) on our side, we should have it all done by the 17th April.

Nice outdoor areas, but we booked a double room and were given a room with two bunk beds and a queen bed, all with dirty sheets. In the middle of the night, a new girl was brought to the room and told she could share the bed with the woman sleeping in the queen bed. The woman sleeping there, naturally, refused to share her bed with a stranger. We were just looking for a place to sleep on the way to Costa Rica and ended up not getting much sleep at all because of people coming into the room.

Hi, Our apologies for the discomfort that you encountered during your stay with us that night. There was definitely some confusion about the room type that you booked before your arrival, however, you definitely did book a dormitory with us, which meant a shared room and not a private room as you noted in your comments. In any case, we offer our apologies to you and hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels.

The kitchen was stinking and looked like a piggery, rotten food was hanging around on the stove. The waste bin was overflooded and nobody was changing it for 1 day. The bathrooms are disgusting, dirty and worn as hell. They have 2 showers (one is combo with a toilet) for dorm beds, and they have 2 electric plugs for an 8 beds in the dorm. The dorm was way too hot and stinky, the only fan was loud as hell, turning on and off randomly and doesn't help at all since it was blowing towards the floor.

Big place with lots of different areas for people to meet and hang out. Wifi is strong. Free drinking water and free coffee in the morning are great perks. Bed was comfortable. I was only there one night, but was impressed overall.

• 31st Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments!

It was our second time there. It's an oasis in the city, with open patios, swimming pool. The area is relatively safe, there's a park and a mall close by. You will always meet a lot of travelers there. If you're more than one person, check the private rooms, they're not much more expensive but secure. I'm not sure about prices of shuttle, for we paid $5 for 2 ppl for taxi from TIca Bus but at the hostel they charge 7 for 1 person and 9 for 2. Still we took a shuttle to the airport with them.

Thanks for providing your comments!

Great hostel, all faclities at hand, very relaxed atmosphere.

Thanks for your comments!

Nice place, good spot to come to when flying in or out.

Thanks for providing your comments!

Great little pool. Excellent little breakfast cafe. Netflix if desire in communal room. Nice enough kitchens. Clean rooms.

• 12th Mar 2015

Thanks for your comments!

I stayed here only for one night, but the overall impression is good.

Thanks for staying with us!

Excellent hostel and great value for the money. The pool and the Netflix TV were a good bonus. I had booked a female dorm, but due to overbooking I was moved to a room with a double bed and two bunks with an ensuite bathroom at no extra cost. At check in I was helped by Roberto. He was super nice, very resourceful. Few minor issues, the 2nd day, the evening employee wasnt as helpful and not proactive. Couldnt get help for a taxi. The kitchen could also use more cookingware. I'd stay there again.

Thanks for providing your comments! Just to let you know that since you stayed with us, we've reviewed the kitchens and updated/replaced some of the items that we're missing.

Great comfortable place to spend a night or two on the way to the next place. A little pricey for Nicaragua standards, but it was worth it in my opinion! Definitely would recommend it!

Great place to stay when in Managua for a day or more. Comfortable and tidy, the pool is an awesome amenity.

Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you again soon.

Spent 3 nights here and really, this place has all the amenities a great backpacker lodge needs. There were 2 modern, well-stocked kitchens, free filtered water and a great pool to escape the Managua heat. The Internet was fast and reliable and overall, all the staff were helpful and fully bilingual. A cool place to hang out in between destinations

Thanks for your kind comments!

Nice place, would stay again

Thanks! See you again soon!

The hostel itself seemed pretty cool. The guy who threatened to beat me up and yelled weird things for most of the evening was what bothered me. Staff didn't seem to care until I told them that I felt incredibly uncomfortable with having to sleep in the same room as him. I eventually got a single room for no additional charge, but it took a lot of convincing to get actual help. At first they thought it was a joke. If I hadn't insisted on that who knows what this high and drunk guy would've done.

• 5th Feb 2015

It may have taken a bit of time for the reception to investigate the situation, but we actually take this kind of situation very seriously and for that reason we offered that you could move to a private room at no additional charge. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you had with this guest.

Great place to meet other travelers and some good markets a short taxi ride away. Nice pool and free coffee. Lockers adequate button the small side, kitchens ok. Air con in the dorm could have been a bit stronger.

Thanks for your comments! We checked and made some repairs to the a/c in the room you are referring to. Its now working fine.

the gentleman at te front desk was more than helpful. It didn't botherhim that I spoke very little Spanish, in fact he was patient and would let me know where things were. The room was good, and conveniently there was an old trail runners magazine in on of the drawers. I'm only in town for the Fuego y Agua race this Saturday so I took that as a sign that I went to the right place.

• 1st Feb 2015

Thanks for the positive comments!

We stayed on 3 different occasions and 3 times we had problems. 1: The light in our bathroom didn't work so we couldn't shower when we arrived at night with lighting. We were told we would recieve some compenation, but we didn't. 2: On checkout we made a booking for the following week. It wasn't recorded correctly and we were without a room as the whole place was booked. We were told it was our fault. 3: Airport pick up we were made to pay the carpark exit fee. Not cool.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Oasis in the midst of chaotic Managua ... situated in a relatively safe neighborhood within walking distance of one of city's biggest malls, restaurants, bars and more. Open air courtyards, a refreshing swimming pool, and an expansive Netflix library round out the offerings here. A/C dorms with ensuite bathroom are the best value, and while cheaper dorms are fine, getting more and less noisy fans will help make them even better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3