Managua Backpackers Inn

• Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 cuadra Norte, 1 cuadra Oeste, cuadra Norte Casa , Managua, Nicaragua

8.2
Fabulous 1014 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 1014 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
15th Sep 2017

The staff was awesome! Always helpful and kind. I felt very comfortable staying here. I would recommend staying at Managua Backpackers Inn. Next time though, I would be willing to pay a little extra for air conditioning!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2017

Appart from the fact that they put me in a mixed dorm when I had booked a smaller female dorm, all was fine for one nights stay. Not as close as it seems to the bus station, mainly because Managua is hot and humid and the streets aren't very pedestrian-friendly. Hard to tell about the atmosphere, as I only stayed one night but everything was fine.

18th Aug 2017
7.1

I stayed here for 2 nights - one at the start of my travels, and one at the end. My first night wasn't great - the hostel felt dirty (icky kitchen), and staff weren't very friendly. Lockers aren't in the room. It seemed cleaner/more welcoming the second time I stayed there. I do like their easy to reserve airport shuttle! But avoid staying in Managua if you can, there's not much to do and I was told not to go out at night. One perk: there's a big grocery store close by.

• France, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
7.7

Space room and clean! Swimming pool was so great. And the breakfast very good! 5 min drive from UCA bus station. We only stay one night but it was great! We recommended !

• dprotti4480
  • Argentina, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
9th Aug 2017

Staff is very very helpful. Dorms are a bit packed with no A/C but good fans. Internet works fine and there is Netflix on common hall. Two comfortable kitchens and a swimming pool that is a bless in the hot weather. Fast food places, supermarket and ATM's nearby as well as bus stations at 15 min walk. I would stay here again.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
6.3

We were only here for one night, seemed like there was a good atmosphere. Rooms very very hot, it is just a fan, not air con! Decent breakfast pancakes and nice pool. Very few showers so you could be waiting a while. Also saw cockroach in the bathroom. Receptionist wasn't overly forthcoming with information but once we asked he answered any questions. 10 minute walk to the bus station and very close to a shopping centre so if you're looking to stock up on anything it's perfect!

Hi Thanks for providing your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel along with the amenities and free pancake breakfast! Our apologies for the critter you found in the shower. I'll have a word with the cleaning staff to make sure they are aware. All the best!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

The place was conveniently located, and had all the necessary facilities. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest, but they weren't terrible either. There was a pool and the dorm room had plenty of fans to circulate the air. There is also free netflix which was an enjoyable feature. I was traveling with two other females so I was happy with the security there. Warning though, when it rains, the floors become extremely slippery, so proceed with caution. Overall a good experience.

• mariahhenderson95
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

Was decent, not much happening but had nice pool and lounge area. The staff was very friendly and helpful, plus it is only a 15 min walk to the bus station, which I thought was nice

Thanks for your review of the hostel. We're glad you enjoyed the location and the friendly staff. We hope to see you back again soon!

3rd Aug 2017
6.9

Really expensive Hostel for what you get. I returned to this hostel in the last day of my trip in Nicaragua because of the pool but actually ended up paying more than it was in hostel world, which I didn't like..

• Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
6.3

My first hostel experience. We stayed in a private room with private bathroom. Beds were uncomfortable but it's a hostel. Ac was not turned on until 9pm, but unfortunately the fan was connected to the same breaker so although we didnt have ac, we also didn't have a fan which made it very uncomfortable. Breakfast pancakes and coffee which was a nice bonus. Front desk guy was super friendly and accommodating.

Thank you very much for choosing us for your first experience staying in a hostel! We're glad you had a great experience with the staff and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. In terms of the a/c, it is run only during the hours of 9pm to 9am, but in no way do we limit the use of fans or power in any way outside of this time. I suspect there was an issue with the fan at the time (though I checked it today and it was working fine). If you have this problem in the future, just have a quick word with the reception and we'll have the problem resolved asap! Cheers!

×