Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

Had such a great time there. They were very helpful. We are going back before getting back on the plane!

Great hostel! Friendly staff. My only wish is that there were larger lockers. They do have small lockers that will fit cameras, and valuables.

Usual close to the airport hostel. Nice staff. Can't complain.

staff could be more obliging

• 16th Apr 2014

This is a great place to stay after/before flying in/out. A cab to the airport should be about $5. During my stay, there was a decent mix of people staying for a night on their way somewhere, and others staying for several weeks.

Great hostel if you want to stay for only one or two days. The hostel is in a relatively safe part of the city. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help you. The only downside is the vibe. Most people don't want to be involved in shared activities, and wanted to be on their own.

• 11th Apr 2014

Good location in a safe area of Managua. Couple good bars just down the road and a large shopping centre too. Staff were great though was told I would go back in the same room as I was in on my first stay but this didn't turn out to be corect. There are only small lockers in the common area. Nothing for your backpack. Beds are comfortable and it is kept nice and clean. Would stay here again.

It was nice hostel, but the dorms are pretty hot. They should put more ventilators.

The place was awesome. Food was pricey, but there were 2 open kitchens and massive supermarkets within 5 min walking distance in either direction. The pool was a nice bonus. I stayed for a bit, and when bed in my price range were taken, they were kind enough to allow me to stay for $5 on a hammock or couch. The one downside was that a longer-term guest with mental health issues threatened me multiple times in the presence of other guests, yet the manager wouldn't proactively evict him

• 6th Apr 2014

Hi. Thanks for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you (mostly) enjoyed your stay here, except for the problem with the one guest that you mentioned. I just wanted to state that this guest was evicted from the hostel shortly after you left. We definitely do not tolerate any kind of threats made against guests, however, we still need to make sure we investigate thoroughly the situation before we evict someone. Sorry for the problems that you had with this person.

We flew into Managua airport at night so it was nice to be picked up by the hostel. Do not spend time in Managua! There are so many beautiful places in Nicaragua and Managua is not one. This hostel is a great place to stay a day before or after your flight. Very safe and has a nice pool and good food. Great hostel, bad city.

Ok location within walking distance to a couple restaurants and also a mall with a cinema. Reception staff was not particularly helpful when asked questions or for assistance. 8 bed dorm had a good mattress and was cool at night to sleep in. No key to the dorms but had lockers outside the room to use. Not a load of atmosphere but you can get a good night's sleep instead. Overall I was expecting more, especially for the price.

Located in great central location of the city, safe neighborhood, and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again. Not to mention the great little authentic restaurant conveniently located in the courtyard.

Thanks for the great feedback! We hope to see you again soon.

Great hostel all around good location,good WiFi,clean,safe and best of all they take credit cards for payment or cash but most hostels do not take credit cards so this is a nice feature when travelling so it keeps cash in your pocket and less visits to the ATM machine

Thanks for providing us with your positive comments!

The kitchen was not equipped at all and what you find is very filthy.

Hi, We'll check the shared kitchens and the condition of the equipment to make sure everything is in good, clean condition. Thanks for providing us with your feedback.

I enjoyed my staying at MBI, all facilities, swimming pool makes it great.

The guys that that greet you in the reception area are really friendly and Roberto was young, vibrant, happy, helpful.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hi, We definitely think we have great receptionists! Thanks for your comments and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

1 2 Next » last »