Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

overpriced for the jail cell that my room was. (I haven't stayed elsewhere in Managua, but compared with elsewhere in Nicaragua). Meh.

• 12th Jan 2014

Hi, Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the room you stayed in. We have a number of different room types and sizes. Perhaps next time we can offer you a larger room that may suit you better.

I loved it here! I was totally stranded with no passport, I was able to book in within 30 mins of arrival and was greeted warmly. The staff knew english very well and were helpful in all situations. The 2 kitchens for use and pool facilities etc were kept very well and the linens changed each day. bathrooms of plenty and all in very sanitary conditions. A lot of turnover here an some nights the couches were rented out for 5$ since they were so full. I would definitely reccomend this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Hi, Thanks for your positive comments! We hope to see you again soon at the hostel.

Lockers are very small and some of them didint work because my paddlelock was too small for them. Everything else was simply perfect.

Good option!

Friendly staff, extraordinarily clean and pleasant atmosphere. Staff begin cleaning at 6:30 am though, that seems early to me. Only cold water showers, that might put some people off.

• 25th Dec 2013

It was good they had 2 wifi areas so you could get online anywhere in the hostel. Was in a nice area

Nice Hostel with a swimming pool. the guy working in the reception is very helpful.

I do not recommend this place, old installations, just the pool is ok, everything else baad!

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Great hostel and really helpful staff, slightly annoying there was only one toilet working which was also where people showered but eventually the staff let me use another room that had checked out. Good spot that feels safe to walk around.

We stayed 2 nights, the first was very good, received our room just like we reserved and it was clean and comfortable. The second night was miserable; the room we reserved wasn't available despite reserving it far in advance, so we were given another room with no working electricity for fans or AC, so it was very uncomfortable and we hardly slept. It would be hard for me to recommend this hostel because of that experience, even though it is clean and comfortable. Fix that kind of problem please!

• 18th Nov 2013

We arrived very late and were very happy to find an open door and a good bed.

This is a great place to centre yourself in Managua. I availed of the airport pick up as I arrived in a bit late and was glad to have done so as it can be a bit daunting without the local lingo! Beds are good. Great to have a kitchen but it needs more cutlery and crockery. Close to UCA busses for Leon and Granada. Lockers available for smaller packs. Take your own lock. I returned here twice during my trip through Nicaragua, and was always greeted with a smile from Ricardo... Enjoyable stay.

Staff were super helpful!Stayed 1 night in transit after gruelling guat city- managua bus ride. Bit of a mix up with our booking (Email misunderstanding) but staff sorted it out superbly and put up with my grumpy attitude. Great advise on where to eat (best Cuban food ever and cheap), local transport info etc . they force an 11 pm quiet time which everyone appreciates as generally most travellers have just got off long haul bus rides. Comfy place to stay, great chill out areas, def stay again.

Hostel was great! Thanks for being friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work!

great place, friendly staff, nice little pool, tasty breakfasts, clean, sofas and hammocks, near the uca bus station - ideal start to my time in Nico :-) thanks managua backpackers!

• 9th Nov 2013

Very good place in the best part of managua! Good food with a pool!

Perfect for a stay in Managua, close to a Supermarket and secure.

• 1st Nov 2013

Regular hostel with nice swimmingpool. 2 kitchen, but very poor equiped. Room was nice but had a window directely into the kitchen of the little restaurant connected to the hostel.

Nice spot to meet people travelling up to Leon or down to Masaya/Granada. I was 1 of 2 in female dorms. Close to market and local bus stop. Managua itself not great in my opinion.

• 30th Oct 2013