Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

Very kind people, very helpful.

• 1st Nov 2015

Great stay for 1 night! Location is not very good bit Ok. Staff is very friendly and speak English very well. The taxi service to the tica bus is expensive (9 dollar for 2 persons ).

• 28th Oct 2015

Thanks for providing your feedback! Our location is actually one of the biggest positives about our hostel, though. We're located in a clean, safe neighborhood, near the major bus routes, supermarkets, restaurants, bars and shopping. In any case, everyone has a different opinion as to what is a good location! Taxi services can be found off the street at a lower price than what we offer, but must be bargained with the driver.

Only one toilet in the whole hostel ?

In fact each room in the hostel has an en-suite bathroom with shower/toilet, etc except In the case of the two basic dorms, where the guest bathrooms are not en-suite but are located a short distance from the rooms.

The staff was good, specially the guy at night, he is super good guy and very helpful with information about tours and even the current situation in nIcaragua. the pool was good, specially after being many hours out and in the sun

Thanks for your comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Great luittle place in safe part of town

Thanks for your feedback!

I emailed about getting picked up from he airport, Someone responded to say yes and that I had to pay and then I never got a confirmation not did I get picked up. When I arrived with another taxi service, the guy Did not apologise for not organising a pickup. The rooms were stuffy with no fans. The place was ok for the price and for an overnight stay to/from the airport but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise

Sorry for the poor experience you had with the shuttle. We obviously let you down in this case and as such we offer our sincere apologies. The room you stayed in actually has two fans, one overhead and one on the floor.

Nice clean modern hostel great as a go between the airport as they arrange shuttles. Social area around pool although pool itself looked quite dirty!

Thanks for providing your comments! We do a thorough cleaning/vacuuming of the pool on a daily basis in the early morning. We'll try and keep a closer eye on the pool to make sure its clean throughout the day.

Roberto is amazing! He made our first few days in Nicaragua great. The pool area was a great hangout area.

• 5th Oct 2015

Thanks for your positive feedback!

Very good security! And good help to order a shuttle to the airport! Internet access was helpful, too.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Thanks for your comments!

Roberto was amazing! He was extremely helpful and friendly. Give this guy a raise!

• 29th Sep 2015

Glad to hear that you had such a great experience with our staff! We hope to see you back again soon.

Very good location, offer airport schedule and 100% safe area. We slept in the dorm, It's clean. The staff is amazing, very welcoming and helpful.

Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Everyone was very friendly and more than willing to help with anything

• 22nd Sep 2015

Thank you for providing your comments!

Nice place for a night or two transiting in and out of Managua. I would score it much higher if it were not for the kitchen. As I've said in previous reviews, don't offer kitchens if your not going to stock it properly with adequate facilities.

Thanks for providing your feedback. Since you stayed with us, we've done an inventory of our guest kitchens and filled in the gaps where things were lacking.

Good value for money. Don't let a cab driver jip you for w ride from the bus station!

Thanks for your positive comments. A word of advice to anybody traveling in taxis in Managua: ALWAYS negotiate the price before you get into the cab. If the price sounds high, try talking to a few other drivers before accepting the fare.

Location is great fro proximity to UCA. The people there were great, all similar reasons for being there. The location seemed safe and accommodations satisfactory. I will return there when I am in Nicaragua again because of the convenience to transport. It is worth the money.

Thanks for providing your feedback!

I was only in town for one night. This hostel was clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Managua Backpackers is a good choice for anyone flying into or out of Managua airport early or late in the day. The main issue I had whilst I was there was with a few of the long term guests - one of the men had a creepy/disgusting (and loud!) 1/2 hour conversation about women with the man on reception, and the other man appeared to be heavily medicated, a few days without a shower, and dressed unsuitably. This made the atmosphere uncomfortable. Other than that, this a perfectly good hostel!

Hi, Sorry for the experience you had with these particular guests. Unfortunately, being a hostel, a shared environment by nature, we can't necessarily control the interactions between various guests. However, from our experience, the vast majority of our guests are respectful of others.

I got fleas on my last night here.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Cool hostel; met loads of nice people who I've continued to travel with. The guy on reception is hilarious. Good place and berry cheap!

Thanks for your comments. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to meet lots of people. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Location is great fro proximity to UCA. The people there were great, all similar reasons for being there. The location seemed safe and accommodataions satisfactory. I will return there when I am in Nicaragua again because of the convenience to transport. It is worth the money.