Managua Backpackers Inn Reviews

Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

Great place to stay when in Managua for a day or more. Comfortable and tidy, the pool is an awesome amenity.

Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you again soon.

Spent 3 nights here and really, this place has all the amenities a great backpacker lodge needs. There were 2 modern, well-stocked kitchens, free filtered water and a great pool to escape the Managua heat. The Internet was fast and reliable and overall, all the staff were helpful and fully bilingual. A cool place to hang out in between destinations

Thanks for your kind comments!

Nice place, would stay again

Thanks! See you again soon!

The hostel itself seemed pretty cool. The guy who threatened to beat me up and yelled weird things for most of the evening was what bothered me. Staff didn't seem to care until I told them that I felt incredibly uncomfortable with having to sleep in the same room as him. I eventually got a single room for no additional charge, but it took a lot of convincing to get actual help. At first they thought it was a joke. If I hadn't insisted on that who knows what this high and drunk guy would've done.

• 5th Feb 2015

It may have taken a bit of time for the reception to investigate the situation, but we actually take this kind of situation very seriously and for that reason we offered that you could move to a private room at no additional charge. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you had with this guest.

Great place to meet other travelers and some good markets a short taxi ride away. Nice pool and free coffee. Lockers adequate button the small side, kitchens ok. Air con in the dorm could have been a bit stronger.

Thanks for your comments! We checked and made some repairs to the a/c in the room you are referring to. Its now working fine.

the gentleman at te front desk was more than helpful. It didn't botherhim that I spoke very little Spanish, in fact he was patient and would let me know where things were. The room was good, and conveniently there was an old trail runners magazine in on of the drawers. I'm only in town for the Fuego y Agua race this Saturday so I took that as a sign that I went to the right place.

• 1st Feb 2015

Thanks for the positive comments!

Cool place. Laid back.

• 24th Jan 2015

A very friendly and helpful staff. I stayed in the women's dorm and met some of the nicest people. The shuttle met at the airport at 2:00 am which was a big relief and took me to the hostel. I will stay here again on my way out of Micaragua.

• 24th Jan 2015

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you back in May!

I bought their airport shuttle service and once i got to the airport the driver wasnt there, i had to look for him for a few minutes and he was anything but nice. the reception lady at midnight didnt have money change and wanted to force me to pay and give me the change the next day. I refused and the she wanted to hold my passport. Too police like. Nice facilities, they charge enough to buy a freaking air con. Too hot rooms. Nice facilities and pool

Thanks for your comments. Our reception is actually closed at 11pm however our overnight staff are available to welcome guests that are arriving on a late flight. Upon arrival, we ask for payment or a passport as a guarantee until the reception is open the next morning. Another option available to customers is to pay by credit card if they don't have exact change and don't wish to leave their passport with the staff. We have a dormitory with a/c and most of our private rooms come with a/c.

Always friendly staff. The shuttle to and from the airport is just a fantastic idea. Your always my first stop in nicaragua. thanks love ya

• 21st Jan 2015

Cheers! See you again soon.

Great hostel, comfortable beds, staff all speak excellent English and are really helpful. We got off the Tica bus and all the taxi drivers knew the hostal so no problems with directions ( only with getting a fair price, we paid 5 dollars for 2 people).

Thanks for your comments. A fair price from Tica bus to the hostel would be around 80-100 Cordobas ($3-$4). Make sure to negotiate the price before you take the ride, just to avoid the possibility of getting overcharged.

Super cute for a temporary stay! The pool helps so much because there is quite little to do around Managua! So many awesome bars and food nearby as well as the convenience of the mall a minute away!

Thanks for your positive comments!

Showers need to be improve.

I really like this place and always stay when I am passing through Managua. Atmosphere is great, very laid back and I always meet other travelers and the staff is super sweet and professional. Highly recommended for budget travelers.

• 8th Jan 2015

Hi, Thanks for your comments. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon.

Good size dorm, nice kitchen & good location. Unfortunately, I had things stolen from my dorm, people not very sociable. Two staff members not very helpful, except guy there on final day. Taxi arranged for Ticabus, but was 25 mins late, nearly missed bus. No storage room when I went to Ometepe.

Only stayed here one night before flying out but was very nice and a really good value. Lots of shared and private space. Our private room was very nice and it seemed like the quiet hours were enforced. Free drinking water was a treat! Note-pool needed to be cleaned.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thanks for your comments. We completely clean and chlorinate the pool daily before 8am, so its possible the pool was getting a bit dirty with leaves, etc.by later in the day. We'll keep a closer eye on the pool between cleanings.

Located a few blocks from Metro Center in an upscale neighborhood that is drifting commercial. The hostel is two adjoining buildings that are in good shape and well maintained. Tasty breakfasts are available for a modest price.

Thanks for providing your commentary!

This was my third stay here and my second trip to Nica. This is my go-to place before and after flights in Managua. This stay was the best - thought it would be a quiet night reading before catching a flight home the next morning. But by 10pm there were about 15 people from five countries by the pool all talking. Had a private room with a shared bath - the other room managed to lock me out, so I had to use the communal one, which wasn't fun. Could have asked for help I guess, but it was early.

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks for the feedback. That happens once-in-a-while with the shared bathroom. Next time that happens, let the receptionist know and we'll get the shared bathroom unlocked asap.

This is definitely not a party hostel, one on the quieter side, but that's The neighborhood is quiet and suburban, close to some fancy restaurants & literally right around the corner from Intercontinental Hotel, Metrocentro & most importantly... La Colonia (grocery store)! We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip & 1 night at the end. It's a fairly large hostel, lots of common areas inside and out to socialize, a big (kind of old) kitchen, lots of bathrooms & a CAFE for breakfast

Thanks for your positive comments! We hope to see you again soon.

Good hostel, though I hated managua. Very close to a mall and not too far from bus stations

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7