Managua Backpackers Inn

• Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

8.2
Fabulous 970 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 970 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Great hostel!! The pool was more than welcome. We took the shuttle option to go from the airport and it was super good. Breakfast is really good and the staff is super nice. Good place to chill, we met a lot of travelers.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
1st Jun 2017

Great pool and common area, also a TV and Netflix to use. Felt very safe and staff was very nice and helpful

25th May 2017
8.0

A great hostel for Managua . I only stayed one night because I was just passing by . The staff picked me up from the airport even though I was lseven hours late due to flight delays . they drove me to the hostel no problem . It was fantastic ! the room was great although it was very hot but it's to be expected in Nicaragua. The staff was very helpful with information and directions as to where to grab the shuttles and all . Great neibourhood compared to the rest of Managua . I recommend this

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2017
6.3

We had specifically booked a twin room so that one of us could get up early in the morning without disturbing the other, we were shown to a double and was told there was no other option which was very annoying as we wouldn't have booked this hostel otherwise. Close to the bus station and mega mall and was good to be able to watch Netflix though.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. I would like to apologize for the problems you had with the room. We've since made some changes to the room descriptions online to make it clear which rooms have twin (separate) beds and which do not. All the best!

17th May 2017

Cool staff and friendly. Good location.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017
6.0

I feel like this hostel kind of lacked atmosphere - the rooms weren't great and although everything was fairly clean it just wasn't the best. The location wasn't near any food (from what I could see) . Best thing was the clean drinking water ! I'm sorry guys I think I just didn't like managua haha

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th May 2017
4.6

The receptionist was rude and presumptuous from the moment I first handed him my Nicaraguan identification card, claiming it wasn't valid ID and refusing to accept it. The place had a grimy feel to it overall. The second receptionist wasn't at the desk and I spent 20 minutes searching for him to turn on the air conditioning in our room. The design of the house is such that any noise outside of the room can be heard, and vice-versa, meaning no privacy. Poorly managed. Try Maracuya or Bicicleta.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review us and advise us of your concerns! Due to government regulations in Nicaragua affecting foreign travelers and accommodation providers like us, we can only accept a valid passport as identification from foreigners. In the case of domestic travelers (Nicaraguans), we can accept a valid national identity card ("Cedula"). The identification that you originally presented was a card from the "Peace Corp", which does not meet the government's ID requirements. Fortunately, you were able to get us a photocopy of your passport, which allowed us to go ahead and make the check-in. Our apologies for the noise in the room that night. We have a receptionist on duty 24 hours (he may have been away from the desk checking in another guest at the time), so if you find the noise to be excessive, just let the staff on duty know, and they will take care of it. All the best in your future travels.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
11th May 2017
6.6

We only stayed here for one night as a quick stop over from the airport before heading to Popoyo. You basically get what you pay for as it was super cheap. The host was friendly and helpful. The hostel also arranged for us to have a shuttle pick us up from the airport which made life easy when arriving late at night. Free breakfast of pancakes was yummy. No wifi in the rooms, only in communal area.There was no lock on our door from the outside, so when we left our room it was unlocked.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments! Each of our dormitories, including the female dorm are shared, which means that the door cannot be locked. For that reason we have security lockers that you're welcome to use to lock up valuables while you're outside of the room. All the best!

8th May 2017

Great hostel! the staff is very helpful, great vibe and friendly people there.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

The staff was so nice and eager to help :) especially when our fan was broken the guy wanted to fix it sooo bad, it made me laugh! Anyway the pool is great, it's a great place to meet people and chill out :)