Managua Backpackers Inn

• Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, c. Norte Casa #55, Managua, Nicaragua

Fabulous 802 Total Reviews
Fabulous 802 Total Reviews
Managua Backpackers Inn Located at Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, c. Norte Casa #55, Managua.
Nicaragua
Managua Managua Colonial Los Robles Monte Los Olivos, 1 c. Norte, 1 c. Oeste, � c. Norte Casa #55
83% 802
12.1251803 -86.2624168
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
24th Sep 2016
7.7

Only stayed one night but it is a well located, comfortable hostel, close to a big shoppingcentre and facilities. Rooms were a bit hot and not enough power outlets for everyone in the dorm, but the staff were super friendly and helpful. Great lounge to chill and watch netflix, great pool, kitchen. Great stay!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2016

I had an absolutely fabulous experience here! The staff were so great and very helpful. The layout is very sociable and there are plenty of places to relax after a long journey. Amenities are close by including a few bars and a grocery store. The shuttles and taxis are extremely convenient (door to door) and easy but a bit overpriced, if you're on a budget you can easily find cheaper ways to get to your next destination. Overall I would definitely recommend a stay. Thanks!

3rd Sep 2016
6.0

I had to wait 20min in the middle of the night when I arrived because they gave my bed away, even though I told them my arrival time. Free breakfast is the biggest joke ever. You get one tiny thin pancake and the woman makes one after another when there are 15 people waiting. I wanted to get a second one after everyone was served and she said, no it's 9, breakfast is over. The room with Ac was super cold and the shower freezing cold as well. Not worth the money you pay!

1st Sep 2016
4.6

Noisy, unpleasant host, well overpriced

• Costa Rica, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
7.4

Good place. Not as Close to the international airport, but closer to international bus stations. They let people smoke inside the common areas, which is unacceptable nowadays. Smokers should go out to the sidewalk. Their shuttle is over priced, by a lot. Since an regular taxi is $4. They charge $10 to $15 based on how many people go together.

1st Aug 2016

Solid place. Close to buses which take you to other parts of managua and there is a grocery store two blocks away.

14th Jul 2016

I just crashed here for one night after arriving in Nicaragua, but it was a great place! The staff, Roberto in particular, were very friendly and welcoming. The rooms had air conditioning (huge, especially when you first arrive and haven´t yet acclimated to the heat) and the beds were fine. It did not seem like there was that much around the hostel, but that may be par for the course for Managua. It was, however, very convenient to public transportation out of the city.

Hi, Thanks for your positive feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff as well as the air conditioning. Our receptionists are all from Managua so they are very familiar with the area which the hostel is located in and are more than happy to provide recommendations on restaurants, bars, activities close to the hostel.

• brossario
  • India, Male, 31-40
1st Jul 2016

I stayed in MBI for 3 nights when I landed and 2 night before I left Nicaragua...I had the best experience there meeting a lots of travelers sharing different travel experiences and the hangout place is the best I have seen among the other hostels in nicaragua. The staffs are friendly and the its the best place to stay in Managua as everything you need is at walkable distance.

Thank you for your comments! We hope to see you back again soon.

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Jun 2016
8.0

It was good for one night stay. The sheets were clean and bathroom as well. I like that you could request a pick-up from the airport for $15. I arrive at 9 pm and It was convenient. What I did not like was a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. It was hard to find a clean cup to drink some water.

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you mostly enjoyed the cleanliness of the hostel as well as our shuttle service. Regarding the dirty dishes left in the sink...being a hostel with a communal kitchen, it's expected that each guest take care of cleaning their dishes after use (and we have signs explaining this in each of the kitchens).. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out this way and it looks like the person in the kitchen before you arrived didn't take the time to clean up. Our cleaning staff are always available though to step-in and clean up under these circumstances. We'll keep a closer eye on this in the future.

14th Jun 2016

Great starting point for any trip to Nicaragua. Awesome crowd and handy setup

Thanks for your positive feedback! We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.