Manaus Jungle Hostel Reviews

Rua Praia Canoa Quebrada, Tarumã, Manaus, Brazil

Spend three days here, absolutelty loved it, all excursions are included as well as food. The staff are very humble people did everything possible to do things we wanted to and made us feel at home.

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a Hostel. They emailed me after booking telling me to send the full amount through paypal to secure my booking, made me pay extra for an airport transfer (which is supposedly included in the cost) and then didnt pick me up from the airport. After waiting an hour we talked to some cab drivers who tried to call the hostel to get an address (we had two different addresses and no street number) no one answered the phone

I stayed for one night during the World Cup so the prices were very inflated. It was also very (over)booked and the manager was pretty overwhelmed with so many people. Despite this, the stay was comfortable, the included excursions were great, the food was incredible, and the extra paid excursion to see the pink dolphins was the highlight. Staying in the Amazon is something I will always remember.

• 20th Jun 2014

There could be immense improvement in the food which is served. Having rice, beans, and the cucumber salad for both lunch and dinner was disappointing given that we had to eat it for 3 days.The menu needs to be improved , particularly for vegetarians.

The hostel was great, the location was the best we could hope for. The staff were in general very good. I thought the night we had in the jungle away from the hostel was great but we should have left earlier and not put up camp in the dark.