Manaus Jungle Hostel Reviews

Rua Praia Canoa Quebrada, Tarumã, Manaus, Brazil

Spend three days here, absolutelty loved it, all excursions are included as well as food. The staff are very humble people did everything possible to do things we wanted to and made us feel at home.

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a Hostel. They emailed me after booking telling me to send the full amount through paypal to secure my booking, made me pay extra for an airport transfer (which is supposedly included in the cost) and then didnt pick me up from the airport. After waiting an hour we talked to some cab drivers who tried to call the hostel to get an address (we had two different addresses and no street number) no one answered the phone

I stayed for one night during the World Cup so the prices were very inflated. It was also very (over)booked and the manager was pretty overwhelmed with so many people. Despite this, the stay was comfortable, the included excursions were great, the food was incredible, and the extra paid excursion to see the pink dolphins was the highlight. Staying in the Amazon is something I will always remember.

• 20th Jun 2014

There could be immense improvement in the food which is served. Having rice, beans, and the cucumber salad for both lunch and dinner was disappointing given that we had to eat it for 3 days.The menu needs to be improved , particularly for vegetarians.

The hostel was great, the location was the best we could hope for. The staff were in general very good. I thought the night we had in the jungle away from the hostel was great but we should have left earlier and not put up camp in the dark.

Rainy season...the rain prevented some activities. The staff worked with me to provide what I wanted most...an overnight in the jungle and the swim with dolphins ( extra fee of 75$). Enjoyed swimming in the Rio Negro. Would love to come back and spend more time in the jungle. Staff was very good.

Overall fantastic, but at least some light source in the rooms after 9pm would be a great improvement. (e.g. a solar light, or candels) Guides were amazing

• 5th Feb 2013

What excellent value for money!! At just double the cost of a dorm bed in Manaus, included was transport there which involved a car, a 4x4 and 2 boats, all food which was the best we've had in a long time, and most of all 2 full days of activities. We only booked one night but managed to fit in piranha fishing, jungle trekking, aligator watching and swimming with pink dolphins (which was a bitt extra but worth it), And a visit to a native jungle village. For one night, brilliant.

It was neat to be out on an island, without electrcity. The food was the same every meal each day, no variety at all. I have some issues but will deal with the company itself. I would recommend going here to someone if they wanted a location that has everything you want to see in the Amazon.

Staff go out of their way to make sure your tour is worth your money- fished for piranha, night spotting of caiman, held a sloth!! Food is tasty rice, yummy bean stew, fried fish and fresh fruit every meal. Accomod is very simple- apparently it was the rainy season there so much of the land is under water. Thus we were in a hostel on a floating platform. It creaks all night so bring earplugs!! :) Did the 2 n, 3 d which was perfect. 1 night slept in hammock in middle of jungle. Showers dont work.

Information should be updated as there are actual indivdual rooms (or doubles depending on room) not Hammocks, hammocks are only used for camping in jungle

Our four days in the jungle were really excellent. They far surpassed our expectations!

This is not a hostel, this is in fact a jungle tour (or better a jungle expedition with a space of real Brazilian Amazon Rainwood declared as sleeping place - hostel). The hostel is located in an indigenous community close to Manaus (communidade Sao Jose). We did a great adventure with piranha fishing, trekking in the jungle with indian hunters and spotting of caiman at a backpacker price. Transportation, Guide, Food, accommodation, everthing was included.