Mandala Hostel Reviews

Krudy Gyula utca (street) 12, first floor 7, bell 35, Budapest, Hungary

I had booked originally for the dorm and the staff kindly accepted to change my reservation to the apartment. Very nice atmosphere in the dorms. Might be a bit noisy for those wishing to sleep.staff nice but not experienced enough and does not know the city. Too expensive. But overall very good experience.

A lovely atmosphere in a good location and very friendly staff.

• 17th Aug 2015

Mandala has a great atmosphere. We stay at the apartment that has a great kitchen, is spacious and is nicely decorated. Staff is super friendly and helpful. If I come back to Budapest I will stay here again without a doubt.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Only stayed one night but the staff were very accommodating. Hostel is a bit unusual, the rooms don't have doors to separate them. Our beds were up in a loft where the ceiling wasn't high enough for us to stand. Beds were foam mattresses laid directly on the ground, and the pillows were tiny throw pillows. Not conducive to a good nights sleep. We had to cancel the rest of our stay due to extreme heat, and the hostel was kind enough not to charge us for the remainder. Much appreciated!

• 7th Aug 2015

What's truly special about this hostel is the community that forms. Everyone is friendly and interesting and eager to make friends. In addition to that, great location and truly sweet staff! Really really recommend.

• 4th Aug 2015

Great location, next to lots of bars and restaurants. The staff are so nice and welcoming, and they have a dog and a cat which is amazing. Nice big kitchen, clean bathrooms, beautiful decor, and the best wifi I have had in MONTHS (so important). It was a little quiet, but I think that's just due to the guests that were there at the time. Overall I had an incredible stay and would totally book again whenever I am in Budapest in the future.

You just can't beat Mandala. It's small so you get to know everyone really well. A stones throw from the ruin bars which are awesome. Great fun staff. I will be back.

I stayed for 5 days in Mandala Hostel and it was one of the best hostels I've stayed in for a variety of reasons. It has everything you need in a hostel, has a nice chilled vibe and the people make you feel welcome in their community. Everyone was friendly, the place has character and they have communal guitars. 24 hr kebab/pizza place and beer place around the corner just sweetens the deal. In 7 months of travelling it was probably where I felt most comfortable. Good times :)

• 9th Jul 2015

At first I found the comments here a bit funny, about prolonged stays etc, but then I experienced it myself! Mandala's informal, intimate and cozy atmosphere really makes you wanna stay! Combine that with the world's best city and the risk is that you get stuck here!

Attracts great quality of travellers. Good vibes and friendly people.

It's a really cool small hostel with a nice atmosphere! Good location and enough facilities. It's built in an apartment so it kinda feels a bit like a home away from home. I would've liked to stay more nights here.

Absolutely amazing experience at Mandala! I can't get over how wonderful the people were that I actually extended my stay from 2 days to 6. The hospitality was second to none, so clean and friendly, great atmosphere, great reception, felt like a home away from home! Would 100% recommend if you are travelling alone and need a great group of people to assist you with travels, where to eat drink party etc!!! One of the best !! 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Such a lovely hostel! So much privacy compared to usual hostels and everyone is kind and welcoming!

Brilliant hostel! No bunk beds and they have animals. What more do you need? Chilled hostel that lets you party on your own terms. Great atmosphere.

The staff here is amazing! Very hospitable and helpful with whatever you need. Feels like staying with friends rather than staying at a hostel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and is one of the hostels I would love to come back and stay at

Mandala hostel is quite chill. They can map out the pub crawls and ruin bars to experience. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and still experience Budapest, check them out! Less than 10min walk to markets,trams, Danube. Check them out!

Mandala Hostel is the most home-like hostel I have ever been to. When I continued my travelling I wished I could have taken the hostel with me! The hostel, its staff and other guests made me stay in Budapest for much longer time than I had first planned. Location is great, the area beautiful, rooms were nicely decorated and cleaned daily, advice was always given by the staff and the athmosphere was truly welcoming. I sincerely recommend this place for everyone.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Finland

A super chill hostel that cannot be explained until you get there. The staff was so nice and amazing at everything they did. They make all their guests feel part of a family

Mandala is the best hostel I have stayed in and I would highly recommend it to anyone coming to Budapest who wants a relaxed, friendly hostel to stay in, great location - easy to get to from the metro and only a 10 minute walk to the jewish quarter with the great ruin pubs! The staff were all super lovely and it always had a very chilled atmosphere, the lack of bunk beds was great and the communal areas in the bedrooms made it a sociable & comfortable place to stay. Thanks Mandala!!!

Stayed in this Hostel in June. Excellent location, bed and WIFI are pretty good. Its a very cozy and relaxing hostel. Staff are very tireless with cleanness and are always trying to help you, giving you excellent tips about the city. One of the hostels that i already stayed! .