Mandala Hostel Reviews

Krudy Gyula utca (street) 12, first floor 7, bell 35, Budapest, Hungary

Everything was excellent. Very personal and friendly service. I am looking forward to my next stay at Mandala Hostel. Being an older traveller hostels can be daunting. Mandala was extremely relaxing and very friendly and quiet. People respected each other and it felt very much like a family. We cooked together, hung out together and shared stories together. I arrived a stranger and left a friend. A perfect week. I look forward to my next visit. Thank you all. I miss you.

• 14th May 2015

Mandala is like a home/flat with friends. Intimate and very chill environment. Not a party hostel so you can still rest, but always a few other travelers who want to go out to bars. Mandala will be the only hostel I stay at in BP.

The overall experience was fine, although it would be nice if there was an easier place for people to hang out. Doing so in the bedrooms is awkward. My big complaint is that the hostel advertised a four-person dorm, which they do not have. They put us in a six-person dorm, the smallest amount of people they actually have, without mentioning or apologizing. When I brought it up, they acted as if I was in the wrong even though I had my reservation from HW right in front of me.

Haven't left yet. The hostel is hard to leave, as it feels like home. The facilities are always spotless, and the staff is very welcoming. I've stayed in a few different hostels in Budapest, and this is the nicest I've been to. Location is great, a short walk from public transport. Small, cozy, and comfortable... Would highly recommend it.

• 15th Apr 2015

Very recommended for your stay in Budapest! As soon as I walked in the door I felt like at home, staff are very welcoming and incredibly friendly. Place is very cozy and relaxing, always clean and tidy and has all that you could possibly need, and more – books to borrow, tips from the staff, equipped kitchen to make your own food if you want to spare a few forints. Almost everyone I met, including myself, extended their stay for at least a couple of days more than planned, just hard to leave!

Nightmare... Not even the internet works...

Great chill place to stay. Super affordable. The staff were so nice and let us buy Baths tickets there. They also pointed out all the sites on a map and told us a bit of Budapest history which was amazing. There's a great kitchen but not really a lobby. The staff took us all out to a Hungarian bar with traditional dancing so that was amazing and we got to meet the other people staying there. Rooms aren't so much rooms as lofts or spaces but it wasn't a problem. I'd stay there again.

Staff was very friendly. The bathrooms were always clean. I had a nice time there!

Amazing hospitality. The hosts were very friendly. The place is nicely furnished. On the day of visit we were given a complete instructions of what to do in Budapest which was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

The staff was so friendly and willing to help with anything. Cozy environment that makes you feel comfortable. It can be a little noisy because you are in close proximity to other guests but overall not an issue. The hostel is in an area that allows you to see more local life, bars, and restaurants. Would stay there again!

Best hostel I've stayed in Europe so far, after been traveling for 3 months already. I had in mind to stayed first 2 nights, but I ended being over 10. I loved Budapest and the hostel itself. Staff super friendly, environment relaxing, and cozy. Perfect place to rest, make new friends, and feel at an actual home away from home. Highly recommend and certainly would stay there again.

I loved this sweet sweet bungalow hostel. The staff was amazing and so friendly I ended up partying and going out for drinks with them during my stay. The rooms are cozy and zen, it was relaxing! Lovely kitchen and there are so many places to eat within a 10-15min radius :) very open concept and easy to meet people if you are a solo traveler like me! Definently would come back here again

We showed up to the hostel pretty late around 11pm and once we arrived the staff was very welcoming! She gave us a rundown of Budapest and all the sites to see that night! The best part was you can really tell when an employer loves what they do and I could definitely tell she loves her city and the history behind it! I did hit my head a few times on the ceiling staying on the upper level in the room but it was not a problem since we were out and about exploring!

• 18th Mar 2015

Excellent service especially Weronika at reception who was very helpful. Good wifi connection and good location with plenty of food options for vegetarians/vegans in the area.

Staff solved all problems quickly. They even gave us a private room after a booking error. Nice, large bathrooms were a plus. The hostel feels like home.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Met awesome people here. It's really a great hostel and you should stay here. It's more like a friends apartment, so it doesn't have that cold vibe that hostels have sometimes. Stay here! You won't regret it!

• 19th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel! From the moment we went in the atmosphere was incredibly friendly, makes you feel like home. If I ever go back is lobe to stay there again. Don't doubt a second, this is the place that you want to stay in Budapest! Thanks for everything guys!

Excellent hostel ! Really recommend it.