Mandala Hostel

9.6
Superb 808 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

After my Eurotrip, staying at 4 hostels in 4 cities, I can say that Mandala Hostel was the best hostel I stayed at. The location is good, 15 minutes walk to down town, and several of the ruined bars. The place is very clean. The vibe was slightly hippie-like, which I enjoyed but could see how it's not for everyone. However the best part was the staff, for a solo traveler I felt welcomed to a family; we went out to see some local music, and to enjoy the night life. I highly recommend this hostel!

30th May 2017

Really helpful owner and staff...

29th May 2017

I just absolutely loved this hostel. What an amazing experience, and what an awesome home for my time in Budapest. I want to thank Bea and Sebastián specifically for being so lovely. If you want a real homey experience, where you'll still meet lots of people and be right near all the great nightlife, this is your place. Love, Victoria

• Canada, Male, 41+
28th May 2017

As a "slightly" older traveller, I'm always a bit apprehensive entering a new hostel. I was greeted enthusiastically, welcomed and invited on a music tour the first day! No better hostel experience can be found... 10/10 (hello Yelana from Siberia :))

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
24th May 2017

I love this place! Super chilled and peaceful, feels like you're at someone's house rather than a hostel. Not a party hostel but the staff are always up for going to see live music and go for drinks. Best nights sleep I've had in months! And Loofie the dog is super cute as well. Thanks guys!

• sedward
  • USA, Male, 18-24
22nd May 2017

Mandala hostel was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The location is so great, which we had not expected. The street it's on has tons of great cafes and restaurants that are must-tries. As for the atmosphere, it's super chill and wavy. Very warm and welcoming and the staff were absolute gems. Thank you Béa and Sebastian and Trey! (Sorry about spelling but y'all were great). Mandala est une rêve ! La localisation, l'atmosphère et les gens qui y habitent et travaillent sont magnifique :)

19th May 2017

Probably the chillest hostel I've ever been to! Staff is so nice! Needed this place big time after too much Budapest partying. Cheers you crazy musical hostel people!

• Nolita1137
  • USA, Female, 41+
16th May 2017

I have extended my stay from one week to two weeks. I love it here. Everyone is very friendly. It's clean & homey. The staff does all they can to help, from booking massages at the baths, to caving tours or whatever u want to do. I have accidentally spilled some things & they help me clean, tho I was happy to do it on my own. They know where to find great live music. And often even here at the hostel someone picks up an instrument & plays something & well at that! Highly recommend this spot.

22nd Apr 2017

Excellent hostel. The laundry service is very convenient, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, it's an inclusive and comfortable atmosphere.

22nd Apr 2017

Mandala Hostel had a very laid back atmosphere which I appreciate. I was traveling alone and the staff was very friendly and inviting. I felt it was definitely worth the value for your money since it is reasonably priced and in a great location. I would not say that this is a party hostel, but surely you can return to a cool environment after a night of drinking and exploring. Lots of good vibes here. Only complaint is I felt the shower could have been cleaner, but the rest was pretty clean.