Mandala Hostel Reviews

Krudy Gyula utca (street) 12, first floor 7, bell 35, Budapest, Hungary

This is one of my favorite places on earth at the moment. It has a home-like atmosphere - several long-term and returning guests, plus most of the workers tend to hang around for many months, so half the people in the hostel are practically residents. Everyone gets to meet everyone else as they enter, and the social aspect is cozy and vibrant - we often go out together in the evenings, cook and eat together, play music, watch movies, etc.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Serbia

In general the hostel is good. But there are some issues that we need to point: 1. There are 2 cats in the hostel. They are very friendly but I am allergic to pets. They should give this information on the description of the hostel. 2. In our first night there some guests and staff were playing the guitar and singing very loud till 2 am! 3. There is no living room. Some beds are in the common area, so you always feel like you are disturbing other guests.

What a wonderful place! Cosy hostel in the center with two cats and sometimes a dog. Kind of asian style, no bunk beds and two very clean, spacious bathrooms. Sometimes we cooked together or had a jam session. If you are looking for a relaxed, peaceful place, this is it.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Staying here meant me a safe and sound way of spending some time in Budapest. Fine blend of local and international, nice staff and friendly, family-like atmosphere. Looking forward to booking at them before soon!

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Difficult to know who works there and who are guests. Short-term volunteers come and go. Two adorable cats are there in the evenings, which improves the atmosphere. However, it is not my kind of hostel. The attempt to create some sort of 1970s "community" seems to attract several weirdos: - Some guests spend all day in bed instead of going out to enjoy the city; one guy slept completely naked, not even covering himself with a blanket. There was almost no light in the room.

Me and my younger brother spend three nights in one of the appartments and one night in one of the dorms. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The appartment-part is really clean and new. I would recommand renting a room there for couples who would like some privacy. The actual hostel with the dorms has a very nice atmosphere, but we haven't spend much time there so I can't say much about that. It was a very nice experience staying at this hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Jan 2016

What I liked about this place it's the kind of visitors it attracts, laid back smart people (not the noisy and party hooligans) Great place with great staff, the atmosphere is amazing, well located and with all the perks (free wifi, door access by code, near various supermarkets). Stayed on Jan '16.

I don't have much to say about this place except it was.... weird. The reviews make it seem like a great place to stay where you will make a ton of friends, but the only vibe I got was a bunch of cots crowded into two rooms where everyone basically has to sleep on top of one another and no one really interacted. Everything was sparkly clean in the rooms and bathrooms, but I didn't like the fact that they charge fairly high rates for you to sleep on a cot on the floor next to a stranger.

My only real issue is that in spite of there being 2 rooms and also 2 bathrooms with showers, the people in the other room kept insisting on using the bathroom in the room I stayed in. This often was troublesome and made 8t difficult to sleep because they didn't seem to know how to walk quietly thru the room. Other than that, great location, great people.

Really chill place. Everyone there seems to have been staying there for a while so it's like a big family there. If you're looking for a party hostel, this isn't your place but if you wanna a chill experience in Budapest, this place is it.

Mandala turned out to be a nice hostel in Budapest. Staff was extremely nice and helpful and took a lot of their time to explain the city and even printed some tickets for me for free. In the other hand the place seemed a bit chaotic at the first sight since there is no reception and we were talking in the same place were ppl was cooking. They had two cats and one dog. I'm allergic to cats and I would had love if they would had mention it in their description

Was the best hostel that we visited in our trip. Amazing atmosphere, feels like home. The staff and the owner are super friendly and welcoming. Great place to meet and socialize with travelers. If i ever end up in Budapest again i will definitely go to Mandala again!! Kisses to Lufi!

Loved this place! Very homely vibe. Well stocked kitchen Great staff! Very helpful and kind and chatty! Not really close to anything major but is close to the metro or tram to get around (or walk!) Terrible wifi though. Slow and cuts in and out. Very noisy, it's fine when you're alone but every movement in the house increases the noise x10. This is difficult when trying to sleep after having people come in after a late night.

Such a nice atmosphere and the greatest people run this hostel. It's located right in the city centre, 5-10 minutes walk to go whetever you want! In Mandala hostel I had a blast and I will surely visit again! Thanks for the memories guys!

I really liked this place. Cool concept with the cute little beds and the communal space- not the usual. It's not a party hostel but I preferred the relaxed vibe and cool conversations. Near enough to city centre nightclubs and great cafes etc. But quiet enough that you can sleep! Staff were really cool and everyone got to know everybody. Except sometimes I thought it might be too close because they were often whispering about staff conflicts which -a bit of a negative vibe.

Mandala hostel is definitely addicting and attracts cool interesting people. My first night was a little awkward because there was a small clique of guests who weren't inclusion but once they left it was awesome. Volunteer staff are soo nice and fun! I miss mandala

Real nice Hostel, unique. Very comfortable rooms with areas to chill. Very friendly staff and volunteers. Always ready to assist in planning your stay. Excellent atmosphere if you are looking to hang out and meet lots of young travellers. Thank you all!

If you are a hippie at heart go to mandala. The decor is very zen and the people-whether working there or guests-are so friendly. I was sick for 2 days and they came to bring me tea and anything I needed. It was like staying at your friend's place. You can organize breakfast with everyone in the kitchen - we did pancakes! . It's a great place to make you feel at home and make new friends.

Best hostel ever! Staff were amazing and Ala even made apple pie one night! Stayed 5 nights here and didnt want to leave. Very sociable!

This hostel has a very homely atmosphere and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.