Mandala Hostel Reviews

Krudy Gyula utca (street) 12, first floor 7, bell 35, Budapest, Hungary

Attracts great quality of travellers. Good vibes and friendly people.

It's a really cool small hostel with a nice atmosphere! Good location and enough facilities. It's built in an apartment so it kinda feels a bit like a home away from home. I would've liked to stay more nights here.

Absolutely amazing experience at Mandala! I can't get over how wonderful the people were that I actually extended my stay from 2 days to 6. The hospitality was second to none, so clean and friendly, great atmosphere, great reception, felt like a home away from home! Would 100% recommend if you are travelling alone and need a great group of people to assist you with travels, where to eat drink party etc!!! One of the best !! 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Such a lovely hostel! So much privacy compared to usual hostels and everyone is kind and welcoming!

Brilliant hostel! No bunk beds and they have animals. What more do you need? Chilled hostel that lets you party on your own terms. Great atmosphere.

The staff here is amazing! Very hospitable and helpful with whatever you need. Feels like staying with friends rather than staying at a hostel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and is one of the hostels I would love to come back and stay at

Mandala hostel is quite chill. They can map out the pub crawls and ruin bars to experience. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and still experience Budapest, check them out! Less than 10min walk to markets,trams, Danube. Check them out!

Mandala Hostel is the most home-like hostel I have ever been to. When I continued my travelling I wished I could have taken the hostel with me! The hostel, its staff and other guests made me stay in Budapest for much longer time than I had first planned. Location is great, the area beautiful, rooms were nicely decorated and cleaned daily, advice was always given by the staff and the athmosphere was truly welcoming. I sincerely recommend this place for everyone.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Finland

A super chill hostel that cannot be explained until you get there. The staff was so nice and amazing at everything they did. They make all their guests feel part of a family

Mandala is the best hostel I have stayed in and I would highly recommend it to anyone coming to Budapest who wants a relaxed, friendly hostel to stay in, great location - easy to get to from the metro and only a 10 minute walk to the jewish quarter with the great ruin pubs! The staff were all super lovely and it always had a very chilled atmosphere, the lack of bunk beds was great and the communal areas in the bedrooms made it a sociable & comfortable place to stay. Thanks Mandala!!!

Super comfortable place..only problem is that it's hard to leave

• 1st Jun 2015

A really well located hostel with great facilities and such a friendly vibe - this hostel is a little different as theres no bunk beds and the staff are workstay travellers but we had such a great stay that we recommended the hostel to friends who were dissapointed with party hostels. Upon arrival the receptionist gave a really good description of places to go and see - was really appreciated. Would definitely come back.

This place has one of the best vibes I've experienced in a hostel! It's not a typical party hostel and instead has a very relaxed, homely, peaceful (some would say 'hippy') vibe. But you can also meet fun people here and go out to the nearby ruin-bars. The staff, cats and dog are all very friendly, there's a guitar and a good kitchen. Close to groceries, tram and cafes/bars. I will definitely come back here one day again!

Everything was excellent. Very personal and friendly service. I am looking forward to my next stay at Mandala Hostel. Being an older traveller hostels can be daunting. Mandala was extremely relaxing and very friendly and quiet. People respected each other and it felt very much like a family. We cooked together, hung out together and shared stories together. I arrived a stranger and left a friend. A perfect week. I look forward to my next visit. Thank you all. I miss you.

• 14th May 2015

Mandala is like a home/flat with friends. Intimate and very chill environment. Not a party hostel so you can still rest, but always a few other travelers who want to go out to bars. Mandala will be the only hostel I stay at in BP.

The overall experience was fine, although it would be nice if there was an easier place for people to hang out. Doing so in the bedrooms is awkward. My big complaint is that the hostel advertised a four-person dorm, which they do not have. They put us in a six-person dorm, the smallest amount of people they actually have, without mentioning or apologizing. When I brought it up, they acted as if I was in the wrong even though I had my reservation from HW right in front of me.

Haven't left yet. The hostel is hard to leave, as it feels like home. The facilities are always spotless, and the staff is very welcoming. I've stayed in a few different hostels in Budapest, and this is the nicest I've been to. Location is great, a short walk from public transport. Small, cozy, and comfortable... Would highly recommend it.

• 15th Apr 2015

Very recommended for your stay in Budapest! As soon as I walked in the door I felt like at home, staff are very welcoming and incredibly friendly. Place is very cozy and relaxing, always clean and tidy and has all that you could possibly need, and more – books to borrow, tips from the staff, equipped kitchen to make your own food if you want to spare a few forints. Almost everyone I met, including myself, extended their stay for at least a couple of days more than planned, just hard to leave!

Nightmare... Not even the internet works...

Great chill place to stay. Super affordable. The staff were so nice and let us buy Baths tickets there. They also pointed out all the sites on a map and told us a bit of Budapest history which was amazing. There's a great kitchen but not really a lobby. The staff took us all out to a Hungarian bar with traditional dancing so that was amazing and we got to meet the other people staying there. Rooms aren't so much rooms as lofts or spaces but it wasn't a problem. I'd stay there again.