Mandala Hostel

Superb 790 Total Reviews
Superb 790 Total Reviews

22nd Apr 2017

Mandala Hostel had a very laid back atmosphere which I appreciate. I was traveling alone and the staff was very friendly and inviting. I felt it was definitely worth the value for your money since it is reasonably priced and in a great location. I would not say that this is a party hostel, but surely you can return to a cool environment after a night of drinking and exploring. Lots of good vibes here. Only complaint is I felt the shower could have been cleaner, but the rest was pretty clean.

• hyyueyue2017
  • China, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

Really good place. People are really nice,No matter the worker or the guest. I talked with different people who come from different contry,it is a wonderful experience. It is a pity that I don't spend more time to communicate with some people there. I only live two night. Time is short. If you choose it ,spend more time talking there,my suggestion. People are nicer than some beautiful scenery.

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Mar 2017

Such a great hostel loved every minute there, so homely with slippers endless cups of tea adorable dog and cats and lovely people working there. I was travelling alone and felt a bit nervous about this but felt so at home as soon as I got to the hostel and it made the experience so much easier. Mandala is set up really well for meeting other travellers and gets the perfect balance between calm and social time. I slept well and had so much fun, this hostel made my trip what it was, perfect!

3rd Mar 2017

Small cosy hostel, I recommend ! Everything was great, the staff was very nice. Only a few points to be perfect : - There's only 2 showers (with toilets inside), for up to ~15 people. - some hostel are closer ot the center (it's ok, you need less than 10min walking to the bars, 15min to the center) - the floorboards creak for every single move, but that's also the charm of an old fashion hostel :)

• Venezuela, Male, 25-30
2nd Mar 2017

Wonderful hostel. I would say it's the cheapest hostel in Budapest. It's well located right in the center just 5-10 minutes away walking from the main square. You have a tram at 3 minutes walking. The staff is super helpful, they treat you like you are a family member. It has a very cozy-familiar-friendly atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't stay longer because I had to go to another city!

• NZ_Globetrotter
  • New Zealand, Female, 31-40
27th Feb 2017

I will never forget my time at Mandala Hostel. It really was more like a home than a hostel! And the lovely rescue animals were an absolute bonus! Fabulous staff, fabulous concept.

• smott
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Mandala is a very relaxed and quiet hostel, but would not be desirable for anyone who wants a loud or party style atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and all the bathrooms and beds are tidy and clean, they even have a guitar to jam on. Worth its price :)

4th Feb 2017

Very nice and uncommon experience. Eco friendly policy. If you're looking for a room to have a good sleep, maybe you should avoid booking the double private room that is next to the kitchen (common area), it can be a bit loud in the evening.

27th Dec 2016

I love this little cozy hostel. Maybe because of the small size, every traveler gets to know each other,we hangout a lot at the kitchen. The employee are super helpful and nice. There is one thing I would like to point out is, I wish they have more lights in the room, it's too dim most of the time. Other than that, I strongest recommend you should stay there.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
29th Oct 2016

Nice clean hostel. Not much atmosphere though and the common area is in a dorm so it's a bit awkward when people are trying to sleep. The staff were really helpful and accommodating though!