Mandarin Hostel Budapest Reviews

Budapest, VIII.k. Vajdahunyad 30., Budapest, Hungary

I was there just for one night but it was nice place to stay. Staff was kind and helpful, also the room was nice. I love that beds from IKEA. Prices for beds are Great there! Thank you.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff are extremely rude and they are not at the hostel at all times during their shifts. When they are not at the desk, anyone can take the key to the luggage storage, take their (or your) belongings and leave unnoticed (apart from that security is alright). Luggage storage in located in a very smelly room (former toilet?). Bad showers (but enough hot water), damp and thin mattresses, damp & unfresh sheets. Don't waste your time and money here, plenty of better places to stay in Budapest.

Good job! Keep it up! =)

A very convenient yet inexpensive place. I like my staying there. Staff is nice; he lent us a socket adapter when we asked to borrow one. There are lockers in the dorm room and they were safe.

Very friendly staff. They helped with everything!! Keep on going like this :) The bathroom could be a little bit cleaner but all in all we had a great stay!

• 29th Sep 2014

tricky to find the hostel as no signs are displayed outside. Reception is open 24hours. Rooms and showers are decent. Value and location is excellent. But you need to pay with cash which means you need change money to local currency. Walls between the rooms are very thin and we were woken up during the night because of that. Kitchen needs cleaning, and has smell of old food. The fridge also needs clean up. The room heating did not work and we slept with warm clothes on.

Amazing value for money!! Big communal/chill areas, awesome industrial kitchen & security systems. Location was perfect for me & had some lovely people coming through too.

This hostel is cheap and is good value for money. Double electric doors to get in and locks on rooms. Kitchen is fantastic one of the best ive seen. Beds could be better. Showers and toilets are a bit old but were fairly clean. Its pretty close to most things in Budapest.

Great place!

I stayed here on 2 occasions within 3 weeks. The 1st time, checking-in was quite the struggle. There was confusion and a realization that the room was overbooked. This situation took a while to resolve but everything worked out in the end. The 2nd time was much smoother. I still experienced some employee mistakes that made for unnecessary grief. I paid to go to the baths and whoever issued me the ticket did not state my payment so when I got to the bath they asked for the payment again.

• 18th Sep 2014

i liked it

Great hostel!! Keep up the good work :)

This is a great hostel.Excellent value for money.Toilets and rooms are cleaned every morning.You get a locker, there is always hot water in the hostel,the kitchen is big and fully equipped.Hostels offers free WiFi,computer with internet,table football,ping pong,TV, guitars and large common room.The staff is friendly and helpful.It is close to the M3 metro line,number 4 and 6 tram lines and big shopping mall (Corvin Plaza) and Lidl.And the cleaning lady brings her cute dog to work called Lady :)

Bed sheet and pirrow really need to be throw up…

Shame that there are no free towels :( rest is very good

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Poland

The kitchen is amazing!

Very good Hostel! We stayed 4 nights and have no complains at all. You can put your lugage in lockers. There is a big kitchen. Every day the bathroom, kitchen and toilets get cleaned. It's close to the metro and tram. There is a supermarket 3 minutes away. I don't think you can find another hostel so cheap and still so good!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Clean, spacious communal areas, reasonably priced and in a good location. Nice courtyard and the foosball and ping pong is a bonus. The kitchen was well equipped and the wifi worked throughout the hostel

Great value for money! Big personal lockers in the rooms. Large common area and full kitchen. Highly recommend. The facilities were great, but the staff weren't too involved, but there was still good brochures/maps/info at the front desk.

Good location, cheap price. But it seemed that staff didn't have things under control. We stayed 6 nights and they asked many times during our stay that are we checking out and when will we check out. Hostel was quite clean, even the toilets. There was some small dog left free, probably the cleaner's dog. The 6 beds dormitory was in a very small room, smaller than I saw in the picture in hostel's website.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5