Mandarin Hostel Budapest Reviews

Budapest, VIII.k. Vajdahunyad 30., Budapest, Hungary

Shady people in hostel. Half of things do not work in kitchen, A little out of way from station and city center as well Access by tram easy though. All in all decent

Everything okay. Staff very helpful.

It is a bit tricky with the main entrance, you have to press the button on the left hand side of the door to ring the staff so they can open it for you.

Good. Keep it up. Do make some display of your hostel outside, so that travelers can find it easy to locate.

We booked for 2 nights and stayed for 7! The staff went above and beyond. Its a really good family run hostel. Forget money driven party hostels and stay here!!

very nice hostel in a handy position close to the metro

I was there just for one night but it was nice place to stay. Staff was kind and helpful, also the room was nice. I love that beds from IKEA. Prices for beds are Great there! Thank you.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

Bathrooms weren't very clean. Showers were also awkward as there was nowhere to change. Most of the staff were friendly

good hostel... the only problem is that at one time, the hostel owner/staff complained that I use computer and watching TV at same time while the office have TV always ON while the office was closed. The Africans who probably lives in the hostel for long time, use computer a lot, made me wait too long. It would be nice if they have additional computer. Overall, great hostel in a great location.

The staff are extremely rude and they are not at the hostel at all times during their shifts. When they are not at the desk, anyone can take the key to the luggage storage, take their (or your) belongings and leave unnoticed (apart from that security is alright). Luggage storage in located in a very smelly room (former toilet?). Bad showers (but enough hot water), damp and thin mattresses, damp & unfresh sheets. Don't waste your time and money here, plenty of better places to stay in Budapest.

Good job! Keep it up! =)

A very convenient yet inexpensive place. I like my staying there. Staff is nice; he lent us a socket adapter when we asked to borrow one. There are lockers in the dorm room and they were safe.

Very friendly staff. They helped with everything!! Keep on going like this :) The bathroom could be a little bit cleaner but all in all we had a great stay!

• 29th Sep 2014

tricky to find the hostel as no signs are displayed outside. Reception is open 24hours. Rooms and showers are decent. Value and location is excellent. But you need to pay with cash which means you need change money to local currency. Walls between the rooms are very thin and we were woken up during the night because of that. Kitchen needs cleaning, and has smell of old food. The fridge also needs clean up. The room heating did not work and we slept with warm clothes on.

Amazing value for money!! Big communal/chill areas, awesome industrial kitchen & security systems. Location was perfect for me & had some lovely people coming through too.

This hostel is cheap and is good value for money. Double electric doors to get in and locks on rooms. Kitchen is fantastic one of the best ive seen. Beds could be better. Showers and toilets are a bit old but were fairly clean. Its pretty close to most things in Budapest.

Great place!

I stayed here on 2 occasions within 3 weeks. The 1st time, checking-in was quite the struggle. There was confusion and a realization that the room was overbooked. This situation took a while to resolve but everything worked out in the end. The 2nd time was much smoother. I still experienced some employee mistakes that made for unnecessary grief. I paid to go to the baths and whoever issued me the ticket did not state my payment so when I got to the bath they asked for the payment again.

• 18th Sep 2014

i liked it

Not bad at all, reasonable price and good location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5