Mandarin Hostel Budapest

7.3
Very Good 1915 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
13th May 2017

Great hostel, not too close to the city centre but only a couple of metro stops out Staff were friendly and helpful, as were the other guests, not too busy but lively enough I've stayed in a few hostels but this one I can't think of any way to improve, would definitely recommend if you're on a budget

• Hungary, Male, 41+
24th Apr 2017

I find the hostel excellent, I can only recommend it to anyone.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

I would say it's a really lovely place for a chilled time in Budapest/to have a calm base to go exploring the city from. We had a 4 bed private and it was really clean with loads of space plus a sofa and table so we were happy as Larry.

7th Apr 2017
5.4

The atmosphere in the hostel isn't good. This a hostel recommend for employed, no for travellers! The room is really small for 6 bads, the cleanliness isn't good too. The bathrooms are dirty and the hot water isn't enough. I don't recommend this hostel if you can choose for other one!

• adamelsayed8563
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2017
2.0

I purposely booked this hostel due to it's no curfew as I was arriving late in Budapest. On arrival in Budapest, I tried to contact the Hostel. I rang 3 times to find out if it was still possible for me to check in. Each time I was answered by nothing but the sound of someone breathing down the phone. When trying to engage the person in conversation I got no response, just more heavy breathing, until they eventually hung up on me. I ended up having to sleep on a steel bench in the cold airport.

• USA, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017
4.3

The staff here sucks ass, with the exception of the old man whom i assume owns the place. Don't leave anything out at all not even in the fridgeratir because it will get stollen. I had a few things stollen here not just food and it only takes a minute for it to happen. The heat is off during the day and is not turned back on until late in the evening so the room is cold when you first go to sleep. The place routinly smells of pot, which i would not mind if they offered a bowl for compensation.

1st Jan 2017
5.1

The staff was not very nice or helpful, often not at the reception desk (which often smelled like weed). The wifi didn't work at all in my room, and only intermittently right in front of the reception office. Also after being out all day I came back to find no bedding on my bed. At this point the others in my room were asleep and I had to struggle to put sheets and a duvet cover on in the dark. Also the bedding, pillow and duvet were basically nothing. I wore sweats and used my coat as a blanket

1st Jan 2017
7.1

Good location and security. Staff was pretty catatonic and inconsistently available. Wireless is horrendous. Their sign says there is printing, but there isn't. God only knows where you can find it. They charge you for just about anything else you might need (besides the room itself), so the value is pretty lackluster.

• evonne0616
  • China, Female, 18-24
25th Dec 2016
7.4

not very far from the city centre. The price is pretty good and worth it. Shared kitchen and public room.The room is clean enough.

5th Dec 2016

I really suggest this hostel. All the staff is very friendly, professional and kind.