Mandarin Hostel Budapest Reviews

Budapest, VIII.k. Vajdahunyad 30., Budapest, Hungary

Good location, just 3 metro stops from centre. I would say it is average hostel, nice common room and nice kitchen, but rooms and bathroom nothing special. Cleanliness could be deffinitely better.

The 6bed female room is pretty small and it was not very clean mainly the blankets, bed sheets. I recommend to staff keep rooms much cleaner! The prices too very high for these conditions.

The lack of a working computer for much of our stay was brought up with the unhelpful, and joyless members of staff to no avail. Despite good kitchen facilities, it felt like no one had been in their or used it for 30 years. Also the bathroom was not in the best state and at one point had no toilet roll. Be wary of the VAT and late arrival charge, don't expect a warm welcome.

In our 6 person room only 3 lockers could be locked, so any more than 3 individuals in that room would not be able to lock their belongings away. There was no door for the toilet in the female bathroom, and sinks could not be used if anyone was having a shower as the shower doors pretty see-through. One of the beds in our room had bed bugs.

• 28th Dec 2013

The staff was very uninviting and added charges. All together unpleasant. I can't say how disappointed I was.

nice place, central location, nothing to complain. best value for money in Budapest.

The hotel was disgusting, can't really describe it just the general condition is poor. The air smelled like propane gas from the heater. Found some stains on my "supposedly" clean bed sheet. The reception guy was rude and constantly showing faces. The quality of the hotel has totally gone down ever since the last time I stayed there years back. Totally. Location is perhaps te only positive side of this hostel.

The bedroom, kitchen and bathroom were clean, but it just lacked towels and soap. There was also an internet connection and a nice living room. The staff was perfect, very nice and explained us everything. This hostel is good for staying a weekend or few days in Budapest.

This is the worse hostel that i've stayed in my life. The rooms are dirty, the kitchen is smelly and all the showers are broken. Definitely, i lived a nightmare there. Please, don't waste your money going to this place, it can ruin your visit to Budapest.

This was the worst hostel I have been to in Europe till now. I would suggest to take it out of the list of hostels or many others will suffer. Some serious improvements are required in case the hostel wants to survive.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • India

Cool hostel, not so far from the city center and with a very nice and equipped-kitchen.

Good hostel not much more to say.