Mandarin Hostel Budapest Reviews

Budapest, VIII.k. Vajdahunyad 30., Budapest, Hungary

Not all staff members are equally friendly and helpfull.

The staff was so friendly, and meet nice people in hostel, location also great. The only thing was the wifi doesn't work and even for the computer. Otherwise everything is good.

Good location but lack of hostel atmosphere, still good enough

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

the internet connection is poor

It was really nice. The staff was friendly.The room was clean, safe and we spent a wonderful time here.We recommanded it!

Bad wifi. Not mamy tourist tips. Expensive laundry.

Best kitchen we've seen! The kitchen is large and always seemed to be tidy and clean which made a nice change. Small but cosy bedrooms and very secure. Only downside to this hostel was terrible wifi otherwise it'd have 100%.

it was a good choice finally and the guy on the reception was very polite (but in a really kind way not hypocrite. cause this is something that i dislike).

• 17th May 2015
  • Greece

A little bit far from downtown but right by a tram stop so easy to get around! Nice rooms.

I was very glad to stay there. The owner is great: very helpful, always ready to explain what I needed. The location is very good, there is a shopping mall nearby, and metro station and tram stop.

great value for the money, not too far from the sites if you do not mind walking. very friendly but eclectic grouo of guests. fscilities a bit ratchet but usable.

The staff were nice. A socket for each bed, big lockers, and great showers. I really like the common room with comfortable sofas, pool table, Foosball and board games. The kitchen seemed nice and well equipped, but I didn't use it. It's near the metro and trams, but is in a bit dodgy area of district 8. The room is small for a 6 bed dorm, and soundproof can be improved. Couldn't connect to WiFi 80% of the time, and had no connection in our room. The reception closes at 11pm.

Basic hostel. Just a place to rest your head. Not too far nor too close to main attractions - expect a decent 25-30min walk. Security lockers are good a massive size so packs fit easily. Poor shower/bathroom facilities. Wifi very sporadic in the rooms. Very little atmosphere when we were there, but not sure if this is the norm. You can probably find similar accomodation for lower price in the city.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel with pleasant staff. We have good time there. Next trip to Budapest we will definitely stay there again.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

No real atmosphere and it seemed to just be locals maybe living in he hostel? I'm not sure, but there wasn't another traveller in my room over he 3 days I was there.

It is very good hostel, rooms were clean and common areas as well. Location was great and staff was very helpful and friendly. I spend there nice week. I can recommend that place some other travelers;-)

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Poland

The man who in charge to run the hostel is very capable and nice

• 21st Apr 2015

I enjoyed a pleasant stay. The good thing is they've a kitchen to cook and some decent indoor game facilities to chill out.

Not like the photos, especially the rooms. We expected something more than those woods beds. Also, it says that they have coffee and tea, which they don't. The bathroom was poor in Cleanliness and the shower were really bad.

I like to the Mandarin hostel .

• 5th Apr 2015