Mandarin Hostel Budapest Reviews

Budapest, VIII.k. Vajdahunyad 30., Budapest, Hungary

One very good thing about the hostel is the shower: ir was to die for. Bedroom was fine, although the mattress was very thin and quite uncomfortable. Locker rooms in the bedroom were big enough for a suitcase and locked through a pin on the key - I liked that. Kitchen area and common room were fine as well, nothing too over the top. Only downfalls were that most staff speak next to no English and the surroundings of the hostel at night were a bit frightening - despite it being close to a mall.

Staff turned off the wifi at midnight cause "it is time to go to bed". Where in the world does that happens?

The staff was rude and unfriendly and the reception is not 24h. There weren't enough bathrooms per room in my opinion, and they didn't have toilet paper so often. Besides there is no sign on the door that makes easy to identify it's a hostel, and it is not take close to the nearest metro station, it was a bit hard to find.

You should definitely stay there if you're staying a few nights in Budapest. I only have good stuff to talk about the hostel. To begin, I sent an e-mail telling the host that I'd be arriving really early and if I could leave my bags somewhere while I walked around the city. He answered right after telling he'd help us with that and he even woke up early to host us. The staff is kind and nice. The kitchen is huge and has everything you need and more. The room is really good.

You can walk or take the tram to the center, really convenient!

On the outside it didn't look like a hostel, but inside it was clean, comfortable and cosy.

Really rude, impolite and unhelpful staff! Reception was most of time with no one to help, and we rang the doorbell for several minutes to get in for the first time and nobody came. An old man that said he was a guest used to be there to answer the phone but was unhelpful also. It is unacceptable a guest in reception, right? It is a pitty because the hostel has a nice kitchen and courtyard.

Very rude attendants, strong smell in the whole building. The reception was always empty an even when you found someone there they were very unwilling to solve your problems

Despite the kitchen and the living room that are really good, the hostel isn't. The 4 bed bedroom was too small, bad mattress, bad pillow, and the lighting was a bit dark. Bathroom was dark as well. The staff wasn't helpful, and his english wasn't very good. It was a cheap hostel, but I'm not sure if worth it :/

Ok firstly finding this place is not great, directions were wrong and when you do see it your not sure it's even the place until you see a small label on the buzzer saying hostel, the owners are father and son and the father is very cranky and never about on his shift. The place was quite and the wifi was best out of the room, near tram and metro stop so not too bad

My friend and I only stayed for a night and unfortunately I think we were the only people there, which is such a shame because the hostel is actually really big and perfect for many people. Common areas are cool and it would've been much better but the value for money is the best thing about it!

1 2 Next » last »