Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

Super friendly, super central, great recommendations for the time we had in Genova. Would stay again!

Fantastic hostel in the center of Genova! Comfortable bed, well equipped kitchen and a nice common space. Easy to find from the train station, and you can reach all of the historical center by foot in a few minutes. A perfect stay :)

Well located and nice staff.

Very nice kitchen, comfy beds and nice looking hostel

The thing we did not like about this hostel is that there are too many rules; 'do this, don't do this'. Also you have to leave the hostel from 11 to 1:30 for cleaning, which we found annoying. we asked what if we don't leave; answer: if you do leave the hostel at 11 then you have to stay in your bed until 1:30, with no access to the kitchen or bathrooms!!

Dear guest, we appreciate the fact that you gave us a good rating, but I'd like to explain that our hostel do have some rules just to work better. We ask our guests to not stay in the common areas so we can do a proper cleaning and that's why you rated our cleaning 5 out 5! At any rate cleaning time is only from 11 am to 1:30 pm, I don't think 2h 30m is too much along the 24h. Also we have no curfew, so you can really enjoy night and day here... Giulio Talamanca, Manena Hostel Manager

Great location. Walking distance from most points of interest. My pillow was really comfortable. Staff were friendly. I only stayed one night but will stay again if I return to Genoa.

It's a perfect place to stay and travel in Genoa. Staff is friendly, clean rooms, very good facilities for cooking, home atmosphere. That's definitely worth to visit again :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

The hostel was great, excellent location and good atmosphere! The staff was so helpful, they gave us some great tips about what to see and where to eat etc. And I left my ID card at the hostel, they helped me get it to finland in just a few days! You can definitely trust this place, good value for money.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel in a great location! Super clean and comfortable. It wasn't super busy when I was there so I ended up having a whole 5 bed dorm to myself for 4 nights. Walking distance to anything you would want to see. I didn't talk to staff much, but they were helpful if I had any questions. Would definitely stay at Manena again!

Good hostel! There is a common room for people to chill in, but no on seemed to be out and socializing and nothing was going on in the evening. Although, we did stay in February, which is low season so I could imagine the summer being better! They organize pub crawls on weekends if there is enough interest.

The staffs are very very friendly and always helpful. I really loved the atmosphere and will definitely stay in this hostel If I come to Genova again

Perfect location. Helpful staff. Has several toilets/showers. Unstable wi-fi.

The staff were all very nice. The pub crawl and the free walking tour were both immensely helpful for getting to know the city better. There weren't enough bathrooms/showers for the needs of all the guests, and it wasn't even that busy whenever we went. Other than that, pretty good.

Dear guest, Thanks a lot for your comment on our activities: we're glad you enjoyed them! I'd like to add that the hostel was fully booked on the 2nd night of your stay, so it is easy to understand that sometimes you might have to queue a little bit to use bathrooms... but we're an hostel after all! :) Giulio Talamanca Manena Hostel Manager

There is an extra tax of 1 euro that is not very visible on webpage. The pub crawl is the best way to meet new people and find the places in town to go out!

Be aware that the hostal is in a pedestrian zone, you can't get anywhere near with a car.

Nice stay there. I arrived in the morning, leave my baggage in the reception, the staff gave me a map and some instructions. They have a cool place to socialise, a complete kitchen, even in the 12 bed room, it was comfortable and nice. The staff was nice and leave the locker key with me, even my checkout would be before the opening of reception. Nice place!

This hostel is in a key location for tourism around Genova. 24 hours reception is really helpful. The 12 beds room was really big and with big lockers, it has a kitchen and a common room, and several bathrooms, you have what you need. The staff was nice and gave us tips for going around the city.

The 12 bed dorm actually has 13 beds. The wifi was sometime good and sometime not working at all. The hostel won best atmosphere award sometime ago but when I was there, it wasn't the case, people were just on their phones all the time. I stayed in both The Hostel and Hostel Manena in Genoa and I like The Hostel better

Dear guest, Thanks for your comment, I'd like to add that when you stayed here there were just 12 people in your dorm. We added an extra bed because somebody asked to use a bottom bed and the room is huge. Hey man we cannot control people you know, but we can recommend our walking tours and pub crawls. Also you can enjoy nightlife in Genova: we offer several deals with nearby pubs, clubs and restaurants and there's no curfew here! Kind regards, Giulio Talamanca Manena Host

I had a very nice 2 nights stay there. Very clean, very good location. There was a few people and it was quiet. When you go out you can directly walk into the narrow streets of Genova, with all those food markets and people going around. I recommend it and will go back there if I come back in this city!

Good hostel, the location is really good and the stuff is really helpful. On the other hand internet is really bad, doesn't work too much and the hostel is really quiet, not much people around.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review, of course we apologize for all the internet problems: we're finally changing internet provider and hopefully everything will be ok in the very next days! January is low season in Italy, some like it more and some not, but thre's always somebody to chat with at our hostel! :) Best regards, Giulio Talamanca Manena Hostel Manager