Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

Friendly vibe and a good place to meet travellers. I didn't find the clearning time to be a problem. Manuel was very helpful and gave good advice on where to go. The complimentary tea won me over.

solid place to stay and really enjoyed the help from the staff. however it was not a super social hostel, which can always be changed by the people staying! I would use this hostel again if I were in Genoa.

Spent three awesome nights here, love the place.

As a young female solo traveller I had an amazing time at this hostel! There was a great sociable atmosphere, it was in a great location and the rooms were comfortable. The younger member of staff was really nice and friendly, the older guy not so much. I would highly recommend the walking tour. Bathrooms could have been cleaner and it would be good to have room keys to improve security.

The hostel its good the only negative its that you have to leave at 11 am until 1:30 pm because they have to clean also if you want to rest there's a lot of people yelling inside ( that was my experience ) maybe with other groups its different . But the staff show you what to do in Genova and the Greek guy gives a tour very good

It is a small hostel and it feels like being in a friend's house. The staff is very polite and the location very central.

Great hostel - extremely clean place (including bathrooms), well equipped kitchen, pretty quiet at nighttime (I had my best dorm sleep ever here!), and well located. The people running the hostel are very helpful, polite and chilled. The place has a nice feel to it, making it one of the cosier hostels I've stayed at. Only downside was sometimes the wifi didn't work well.

Wonderful cozy hostel with the perfect location in the old town and within walking distance to the train station. The staff was really helpful and friendly with good recommendations on places to see and eat, and the atmosphere was conducive to meeting other travellers. I had a lovely time in Genova staying here :).

really great location and really nice staff. the bed wasn't really comfortable, the kitchen have everything I need. just the area near by (the next alley) isn't very good, can see some hooker even at the day time.

Amazing location, very friendly and helpful staff and amazing walking tour offered!

The location could not be better, the staff I met (forgot his name) was helpful and knowledgeable and the Wi-Fi was reliable wile I was there. I did not use the kitchen but looked OK to me. The number of bathrooms is not ideal and you might end up waiting a little while. The mattress felt overused for me but I might be just overly picky here.

This hostel was great. Super clean. they make you leave the hostel everyday from 11 to 1 so they can clean everything. I had to check out very very early and I forgot to tell the manager, but he waited for me and let me check out anyway. everyone was super nice and very helpful.

Super friendly, super central, great recommendations for the time we had in Genova. Would stay again!

Fantastic hostel in the center of Genova! Comfortable bed, well equipped kitchen and a nice common space. Easy to find from the train station, and you can reach all of the historical center by foot in a few minutes. A perfect stay :)

Well located and nice staff.

Very nice kitchen, comfy beds and nice looking hostel

The thing we did not like about this hostel is that there are too many rules; 'do this, don't do this'. Also you have to leave the hostel from 11 to 1:30 for cleaning, which we found annoying. we asked what if we don't leave; answer: if you do leave the hostel at 11 then you have to stay in your bed until 1:30, with no access to the kitchen or bathrooms!!

Dear guest, we appreciate the fact that you gave us a good rating, but I'd like to explain that our hostel do have some rules just to work better. We ask our guests to not stay in the common areas so we can do a proper cleaning and that's why you rated our cleaning 5 out 5! At any rate cleaning time is only from 11 am to 1:30 pm, I don't think 2h 30m is too much along the 24h. Also we have no curfew, so you can really enjoy night and day here... Giulio Talamanca, Manena Hostel Manager

Great location. Walking distance from most points of interest. My pillow was really comfortable. Staff were friendly. I only stayed one night but will stay again if I return to Genoa.

It's a perfect place to stay and travel in Genoa. Staff is friendly, clean rooms, very good facilities for cooking, home atmosphere. That's definitely worth to visit again :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

The hostel was great, excellent location and good atmosphere! The staff was so helpful, they gave us some great tips about what to see and where to eat etc. And I left my ID card at the hostel, they helped me get it to finland in just a few days! You can definitely trust this place, good value for money.

• 5th Mar 2015