Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

great location and beautiful hostel. loved staying here. only downfall is that you HAVE to leave from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. kinda weird. other than that it's perfect for the price. would definitely stay here again.

The staff is very warm and helpful. He gives me lots of information. The wifi is good. The room is large, and the design of lights and sockets are also good. The main question is that you cannot get a key. If you want to go into the hostel, you always have to ring the bell and let the staff open the door. At the same time, you don't have the key to your room, since it cannot be locked. It seems that the staff wants to control everything and you are not independent.

Very clean with a peaceful atmosphere. Staff was helpful in recommending dinner and city locations, had free coffee and tea even without paying for breakfast. Would recommend!!

Great hostel!! Good bed and showers. Very clean and awesome staff!! Would stay here again!

one of the nicest hostel i've stayed in. conveniently located, clean rooms and bathrooms, nice facilities, great staff. highly recommend this place for anyone who intends to stay in genova.

Good: Lovely hostel, with very fast wifi, very clean, excellent place to chill after a day of walking through the hills of the city. Spacious enough for a small hostel and with very friendly staff 24/7 Bad: Unless you´re Latino, you might not feel very safe hanging around at night, and the mattress is too thin for the bunk structure. Don´t recommend the breakfast. It is better to look for a cafe nearby.

I did not feel a "great vibe" as some of previous reviews mentioned. But was happy anyway. Stayed in 12 bed dorm. It is large so no one did not interrupt my private space :) good beds and very warm blankets. Lockers are available on additional cost. Kitchen is ok and clean enough or a hostel, I guess. Common area has old dirty couches and many table games and (super bonus) Xbox !!!))) Main thing: Everyone has to be out from 11am to 1.30pm because of hostel cleaning. Overall - good place

Hostel is great, though u gotta get out while they clean, they close it. Aside from that everything was dandy, standard, solid hostel. I.e. Kitchen, free coffee, wifi, lounge, outlets, and more. Not the hostels fault but the area is sketchy at night, really easy to get lost in so don't go trying to weave thru the alleys, go around if possible and stay on main roads. It's a freakin disorienting maze getting thru Genoa. Anyway, the hostel is safe!

really like it. Good internet, good staff and rooms where big and clean.

The place is good, the rooms are big and with good space. The location is great.

Awesome hostel! Great location, staff and facilities.

Very nice and clean hostel, perfect location as well! The atmosphere is really nice and the facilities are very sufficient!

• 18th Dec 2015

It is a good and clean hostel well located in the center. The beds were confortable and staff helpful.

Great atmosphere, clean, friendly staff and good location

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm - and a miracle happened - NOBODY SNORED the whole night long! How cool is that! Maybe it's the good vibes of this old building and everybody sleeps peacefully? Five stars for the super high quality bed sheets, that were included in the price :) Very comfy beds, the blackboard-painted space to write your name is a cool idea! One of the best equipped hostel kitchens I have seen, if you're into cooking, you'll love it. They even had decent natural salt, and much more...

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Estonia

Good place, had a lot of really good people when I stayed so that helped a lot. Lots of bathroom facilities, always a bonus. The issue I had was how much they bothered you to get out for the "curfew". I was sick when i got there and wanted to sleep all day, they came in 3 times to "remind" me i need to leave. A bit much. Im paying for the place and if i want to stay in my bed it should not be an issue. 3 times is excessive, especially when you can see im working at getting my stuff together.

Dear guest, You're talking about the checkout and NOT the curfew. We have no curfew here. Anyway, take a look at the other reviews and tell if we're any "rude staff". I really don't think so. My colleague was polite and trying to make a good job. We set a checkout time in order to make a good cleaning for the next guests. We don't mind if you're 10 min late of course, but after 30 min or more we kindly remind that. Rules are not nice but necessary. BR G. Talamanca Malena Hostel Manager

The best hostel that I've been in Italy and probably in my top 5 best hostels around the world. The atmosphere was great, full of cool people and the staff was very nice! Also, there is a very colpeted kitchen that anyone can use for cooking or storage things on the fridge. The bathrooms are clean and well-served and the common room is set up with a computer, tv, x-box, magazines, couchs, table, free Wi-Fi, etc. Totally recommend.

Nice place

I was incredibly impressed with my stay at the hostel. The beds were comfortable and everything appeared to be very clean. The atmosphere for my one-night stay was very relaxed and welcoming. My friends and I were recommended a wine tasting/party that was very fun. I would stay at Manena Hostel again.

I didn't like the vibes here. It was super dead when I was there though. Overall it was fine, but it the hostel didn't do a whole lot for me.

Hi girl, Mmmmh, not sure I got it when reading "you didn't like the vibes"... The point is on low season we might have just a few guests staying at the hostel which is good 'cause we can dedicate much more time to everybody and sometimes not very good if you're looking for a "big party atmosphere". Anyway you should never forget there's a world out of these walls and it's up to you to go and discover it! Giulio Talamanca Manena Hostel Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3