Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

The hostel is very well located. It is a small hostel though I like this type of hostels because it is much more easy to know people. The room has lockers. The communal area consists in a living room and a fully equipped kitchen. The breakfast is only 3 Euro and is worth the price considering that if you go to a cafè the price will be higher. It has bread, butter, jam, juice, milk and cereals.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Staff were very helpful and waited back for me when I arrived late. The rooms were clean and tidy and it was easy to find from the main station.

I really had no problems with anything here at the Hostel. Everyone friendly, everything working, everything clean. The only thing I noticed while walking on the way to the Hostel and on a lot of walls around the area is a lot of graffiti on the walls, not the artistic kind but just written words like rivolti and carcere. A lot of political stuff it seemed, not very friendly. I didn't understand all of it but I understood quite a bit of words that looked similar to English/French words.

it's a solid place. they make you leave for cleaning which kind of sucks. great kitchen. great common area. nice rooms. there's normally a line for showers in the morning.

Friendly vibe and a good place to meet travellers. I didn't find the clearning time to be a problem. Manuel was very helpful and gave good advice on where to go. The complimentary tea won me over.

solid place to stay and really enjoyed the help from the staff. however it was not a super social hostel, which can always be changed by the people staying! I would use this hostel again if I were in Genoa.

Spent three awesome nights here, love the place.

As a young female solo traveller I had an amazing time at this hostel! There was a great sociable atmosphere, it was in a great location and the rooms were comfortable. The younger member of staff was really nice and friendly, the older guy not so much. I would highly recommend the walking tour. Bathrooms could have been cleaner and it would be good to have room keys to improve security.

The hostel its good the only negative its that you have to leave at 11 am until 1:30 pm because they have to clean also if you want to rest there's a lot of people yelling inside ( that was my experience ) maybe with other groups its different . But the staff show you what to do in Genova and the Greek guy gives a tour very good

It is a small hostel and it feels like being in a friend's house. The staff is very polite and the location very central.

Great hostel - extremely clean place (including bathrooms), well equipped kitchen, pretty quiet at nighttime (I had my best dorm sleep ever here!), and well located. The people running the hostel are very helpful, polite and chilled. The place has a nice feel to it, making it one of the cosier hostels I've stayed at. Only downside was sometimes the wifi didn't work well.

Wonderful cozy hostel with the perfect location in the old town and within walking distance to the train station. The staff was really helpful and friendly with good recommendations on places to see and eat, and the atmosphere was conducive to meeting other travellers. I had a lovely time in Genova staying here :).

really great location and really nice staff. the bed wasn't really comfortable, the kitchen have everything I need. just the area near by (the next alley) isn't very good, can see some hooker even at the day time.

Amazing location, very friendly and helpful staff and amazing walking tour offered!

The location could not be better, the staff I met (forgot his name) was helpful and knowledgeable and the Wi-Fi was reliable wile I was there. I did not use the kitchen but looked OK to me. The number of bathrooms is not ideal and you might end up waiting a little while. The mattress felt overused for me but I might be just overly picky here.

This hostel was great. Super clean. they make you leave the hostel everyday from 11 to 1 so they can clean everything. I had to check out very very early and I forgot to tell the manager, but he waited for me and let me check out anyway. everyone was super nice and very helpful.

Super friendly, super central, great recommendations for the time we had in Genova. Would stay again!

Fantastic hostel in the center of Genova! Comfortable bed, well equipped kitchen and a nice common space. Easy to find from the train station, and you can reach all of the historical center by foot in a few minutes. A perfect stay :)

Well located and nice staff.

Very nice kitchen, comfy beds and nice looking hostel