Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

Very close to the city center and Piazza Principe train station. Very easy to find by following the directions given. Staff was great.

Great people working there. Is a small hostel, very clean, the rooms have big Windows so is allways ventilated, the beds aré confortable, the rooms have space to move confortably, the bathroom aré really clean. And the people working there aré so good!! Totally recomended!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was great. City tour was definitely worth it. Very clean and great location. Would stay at Manena again

• 16th Aug 2014

It was an excellent hostel!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Brilliant hostel - I would definitely consider returning to this hostel. The staff were friendly and relaxed, the accommodation, bedding and bathrooms were all clean. The hostel had a really chilled and fun atmosphere and people seemed to mingle well. There were plenty of organised activities to get involved in, so perfect for individuals or groups. The location is amazing - just off one of the most impressive streets in the city. Only 10-15 minutes walk from Piazza Principe train station.

Good for staying one night. It's 20 minutes walking from Duomo in a nice area. Not a place to meet other travelers.

Dear guest, Thanks for your comment, even if I didn't really get the sense of it, sorry. What makes a nice atmosphere in a hostel - as anywhere else in the world I think - is people. It's our duty to give our guests a nice, cosy common area and here you also have the great opportunity to join walking tours and pub crawl groups. By the way, did you join any group? :) According to Google maps, San Lorenzo Cathedral (Duomo) is 6 min walking distance (500m). Best regards, Giulio Talamanca

The location was great with a fun common room where we could hang out, chat and buy beers

• 4th Aug 2014

A very good hostel, decent common room/kitchen which made it easy to meet people and the free walking tour was especially good - I'd recommend making this your first thing you do the guide lets you know all the good cheap places to eat & drink. The only tiny little gripe was the lockers weren't overly secure and you didn't have the option to use your own padlock. It's not really even much of a problem as the hostel itself was very secure and the people seemed pretty decent.

Loved this place! It's surrounded by UNESCO sites and is a great place to meet people. The staff are incredible and even called TrenItalia for us during the train strike to find out about our tickets. Kitchen you can use to cook if you don't want to eat at the restaurants they get discounts at (which you should-pesto!!) lots of bathrooms so you don't have to wait to use them. So many great things about this hostel! I'd stay here again and would recommend it!

Hostel Manena is just fantastic, from the moment you arrive, Julio was super friendly and took us through the hostel rules and places to go in good detail and this was so helpful for us as we had not visited Genoa before. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was great. We met some nice people and the hostel , although not being at the centre of town was close enough for an easy walk. One of if not the best all round hostel we found on our stay especially for the money.

Good kitchen facilities, calm hostel (so not much atmosphere), good location but it took me 40 minutes from the train station (heavy backpack and got a little lost with the directions from their site)

Loved this hostel, best atmosphere of my stay by far. The common room lends itself to creating conversation between people, so within minutes everyone gets to know eachother, I loved it. Had great nights out in Genoa the 2 days we went out with the other random people from my dorm.

• 7th Jul 2014

This is the best hostel i've ever stayed in. When you arrive, you arrive in the common room, which automatically includes you in the hostel and the other people staying in. Also I love the staff! They work very long shifts to be able to open the door for everyone, every time (there is no curfew). Also i recommend to book the 12 person-dorm. It's such a nice room. I will defenitly come back to genova, only to stay in this hostel again.

Wow, such a great review... Thanks a lot girls, you were wonderful as well! Kisses Giulio Talamanca Manena Hostel Manager

Very good hostel, the atmosphere is great and the two guys who worked there we're very cool. Only bad things is that there's a lot of noise in the morning sometimes so you really need earbuds in this hostel!

Good position just 2 minutes from sandy beach, bars & restaurants and 5 minutes flat walk from station for those with wheely bags. But long walk from ferry that lands in the old part of town, where there are more restaurants, takes about 20 minutes through the tunnel and along promenade, all flat though & no steps unlike the other 4 towns on Cinque Terre. Good room, no lift. recommend

Our favorite hostel in Europe so far! Great atmosphere, location and staff!

Was only there one night but staff was great. My flight was delayed by 1/2hr

Perfect location and great facility. The staff was so nice and accommodating. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here when you are in Genova.

Do not skip out on Genova, don't miss out on Manena! This was the best hostel I have stayed in. A fun, relaxed, intimate environment with the cleanest amenities I have ever seen. The staff was very helpful, friendly and chill. The walking tour was AMAZING and I am not into tours for the most part. The pub crawl was very fun and there is so much to do in Genova, you just have to do a little research and ask. Day trips to Italy's best beaches are very easy from here. Tried to go back but full :(

• 19th Jun 2014

The staff were really friendly and helpful and always more than happy to advise on where to go and sight see. They organised FREE pub crawls and walking tours which were both brilliant and highly reccommended. I did not appreciate being forced to leave at 11AM till 130PM every day.