Manena Hostel Reviews

Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/1, Genoa, Italy

Great hostel in a great location! Super clean and comfortable. It wasn't super busy when I was there so I ended up having a whole 5 bed dorm to myself for 4 nights. Walking distance to anything you would want to see. I didn't talk to staff much, but they were helpful if I had any questions. Would definitely stay at Manena again!

Good hostel! There is a common room for people to chill in, but no on seemed to be out and socializing and nothing was going on in the evening. Although, we did stay in February, which is low season so I could imagine the summer being better! They organize pub crawls on weekends if there is enough interest.

The staffs are very very friendly and always helpful. I really loved the atmosphere and will definitely stay in this hostel If I come to Genova again

The staff were all very nice. The pub crawl and the free walking tour were both immensely helpful for getting to know the city better. There weren't enough bathrooms/showers for the needs of all the guests, and it wasn't even that busy whenever we went. Other than that, pretty good.

There is an extra tax of 1 euro that is not very visible on webpage. The pub crawl is the best way to meet new people and find the places in town to go out!

Be aware that the hostal is in a pedestrian zone, you can't get anywhere near with a car.

Nice stay there. I arrived in the morning, leave my baggage in the reception, the staff gave me a map and some instructions. They have a cool place to socialise, a complete kitchen, even in the 12 bed room, it was comfortable and nice. The staff was nice and leave the locker key with me, even my checkout would be before the opening of reception. Nice place!

This hostel is in a key location for tourism around Genova. 24 hours reception is really helpful. The 12 beds room was really big and with big lockers, it has a kitchen and a common room, and several bathrooms, you have what you need. The staff was nice and gave us tips for going around the city.

The 12 bed dorm actually has 13 beds. The wifi was sometime good and sometime not working at all. The hostel won best atmosphere award sometime ago but when I was there, it wasn't the case, people were just on their phones all the time. I stayed in both The Hostel and Hostel Manena in Genoa and I like The Hostel better

Dear guest, Thanks for your comment, I'd like to add that when you stayed here there were just 12 people in your dorm. We added an extra bed because somebody asked to use a bottom bed and the room is huge. Hey man we cannot control people you know, but we can recommend our walking tours and pub crawls. Also you can enjoy nightlife in Genova: we offer several deals with nearby pubs, clubs and restaurants and there's no curfew here! Kind regards, Giulio Talamanca Manena Host

I had a very nice 2 nights stay there. Very clean, very good location. There was a few people and it was quiet. When you go out you can directly walk into the narrow streets of Genova, with all those food markets and people going around. I recommend it and will go back there if I come back in this city!

Good hostel, the location is really good and the stuff is really helpful. On the other hand internet is really bad, doesn't work too much and the hostel is really quiet, not much people around.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review, of course we apologize for all the internet problems: we're finally changing internet provider and hopefully everything will be ok in the very next days! January is low season in Italy, some like it more and some not, but thre's always somebody to chat with at our hostel! :) Best regards, Giulio Talamanca Manena Hostel Manager

All I can say about this hostel are postive words. The staff was totally involved in any kind of help and they were superfriendly. It so visible they are trying to make guests happy! I have to add that amount of space in my 8 bed mixed dorm was enough and I was so satisfied. Totally recommend! And the location is just awesome!

Very friendly and helpfull staff, excellent facilities end central location.

This is a simple and easy going hostel in a fantastic area. The hostel is 'boutique' in size, sleeping only 25 backpackers at maximum, and is set out like a normal home (3 bedrooms, an office, a huge and adequate kitchen, lounger room with study nook, laundry area, but has 4 bathrooms). The internet plays up sometimes, but it works ok in the dorms which hostels don't usually offer in my experience in Europe.

Very good hostel. Well located and very much comfortable

This hostel is great :) The staff was very helpful, it was clean, cheap, etc. Just one thing could be improved: The wifi signal is just at the common room, but not at the dorms. For the rest, great. Well done and good luck ;)

Absolutely great!! Feels like home!

• 6th Dec 2014

I found this hostel to be pretty good! I had a good stay because it was small, which caused people to socialize, and interact with each other. It's located in a fairly decent location and the staff were very nice. I would recommend this place to people.

Nice clean hostel, we had a good nights sleep. Staff are helpful and friendly and could answer all our questions. Good kitchen and common area.

Everything is as described and I highly recommend this hostel to anyone in Genova. The staff were very helpful and friendly and definitely has awesome vibe!