Manga Hostel Lapa – Rio

7.8
Very Good 238 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

Great location and friendly staff. Atmosphere wasn't great in the hostel but maybe we were just there at a quiet time. No free breakfast which was disappointing. But clean and nice rooms.

• Belgium, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Apr 2017

Amazing location and lovely staff! Would recommend to anyone wanting to experience lapa nightlife the proper way

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
25th Feb 2017
5.4

The 14 bed dorm was the most miserable, cramped, hot, loud little room we've ever seen. They turned off aircon early in the morning so the rest of the day the room was a smelly mess. Bathrooms were ALWAYS dirty, toilets often blocked. Tiiny common area, also very hot. The location is alright, even though not where you want to spend your time in Rio. Breakfast was the only good thing about this place. We stayed for Carnival and the prices they asked were ridiculous for what they offered. NO GO!

23rd Feb 2017
6.6

The staff could not have been better. I was jumped by 5 people my first night around the corner. One of the people bite my face too. Had to get 100 stitches in my face. The staff was amazing with all the help they provided! Now, the hostel. I was there during carinval. They had me book 6 days minimum at 86 dollars a night. My last night. I didn't even stay there and booked a 4 star hotel for 77 dollars. The bathroom is terrible. It's unisex and like a locker room.