Manga Hostel Lapa – Rio Reviews

Rua do Lavradio 186, Lapa, RJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great staff who always tried to show everyone a good time. It's an awesome place to meet people from all over the world and party with them. Dorms were a bit crowded when trying to get ready the morning.

• 12th Jun 2014

around the corner from the party so maybe best to stay just for a few days and not too long ha

This was by far the best hostel i ever stayed in. The staff were superb. You could taste the good vibes in the air in the place. I'll be back there next year. Situated perfectly in party LApa, see you again soon my good friends :)

• 11th Jun 2014

Best hostel in rio, staff were an absolute pleasure and the atmosphere was unbeatable, made our whole trip!!!

Very clean. Not great for partying and stay away from the 23 people room. Aside from that, it's a nice place.

Nice, but there was a lot of noise and poor control of it by staff

Best hostel we have stayed at! Friendly, fun, helpful, multi-lingual staff; Location steps away from restaurants/bars, sights, transit, and Saturday street market; Chill atmosphere; Great security; Common areas to relax, meet people, have a good time; Good wifi in all areas; Breakfast; Bar and free caipirinhas!; Clean and spacious suites

• 7th Jun 2014

Hostel is cool and newly done. My only complaint is how cramped the toilets are upstairs.

Good location if you want to party in Lapa, but not for general sightseeing, good happy half hour and friendly staff. Pool table was a bonus but a little run down, photos give it more credit. Room (double) was a bit cramped but had a TV and great private bathroom. As a couple maybe not the best place for us but perfect if you're a party animal. A although, the market held right outside on a Saturday was incredible.

Excellent location if you want to explore Lapa - downtown bars area, Santa Tereza neighborhood and not far from museums. It was cloudy and raining, no beach friendly weather, so it was perfect to visit museums. I stayed right after Carnival so it was quiet/great to sleep, although I booked a big dorm room, it was basically 3 to 5 of us in the room. It is a very clean hostel too, comparing to the average ones in Copa and Ipanema, decent breakfast too. Shirl, Brazil

Nice hostel in the very heart of Rio. Tons of attractions around, many bars, restaurants and clubs by walk distance. Also really cool to have friends in the common area even if they're not staying there. Just the cleanliness hurts a bit, bathrooms and bedrooms could receive better care.

Very good location and staff very nice and helpfull

When booking a tour from the hostel, it would be important to tell clients that they will be the first to be picked up and need to drive around the city for other guests, which resulted in 4 hours transfer time round trip on a half day tour!

we stayed in a twin room and everything was all right. i can recommend this hostel.

The location of the hostel is really good, just in Lapa right next to all the clubs and restaurants. Staff were really great, very friendly and helpfull! So if you want to do lots of partying and be on the other side od Rio from Copacabana and Ipenama beaches its great location. Hostel is very new and clean. If I go to Rio again I would stay there for sure:)

I´ve been to a bunch of hostels in Rio and I wanted to get to know this one. I don´t wanna trash this hostel in a lot of aspects so, I will just say I did not like it. A tip to the receptionist: smile and say "how can I help you?" instead of just staring at the potential guest. Justice be done to Quim (very professional) and to the shower. That is it.

Few of facilities are missing but its ok.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • India

It had a great decor but a closer look couldn't hide the holes.When I say holes I really mean the cracks and holes in the old windows in our room, directly facing the main street.Thus,we had a rich experience with a breeze of fresh air, insects, and the marvellous urban sounds all night long(yeah baby!). It's great to breathe the pollution, to hear the car engines,the sirens,the locals talking and yelling.So many experiences for an hostel,it had all the ingredients we needed for a peasant sleep.

I loved staying at this funky and vibrant hostel! This place attracts great travelers and provides plenty of opportunities for mingling by providing things like: An excellent free brekky every morning downstairs in the spacious chill out area; a complementary caipirinha on arrival; a fun bar and sometimes even a dance floor on weekend nights. The best thing for me was how quiet (and dark) the dorm room was every night, even with a party downstairs and the vibrant Lapa just outside. Rare & Great!

Manga hostel was recommended to me by fellow travelers: they were right about the great location, atmosphere and friendly staff! The hostel offers great wifi throughout the proximity and on Fridays/saturdays there's happy hour with free Caiparinha's! The rooms may be enourmous (14 or 23 beds!) but you don't really notice that! Each bed has its own bed light and there are big lockers for each guest. Only bad thing I can mention are the showers: not hot...!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels