Mango Rooms Reviews

Sq.Dorieos 3 (old town), Rhodes Town, Rhodes, Greece

My room was on the small side - but - everything else about Mango Rooms is fantastic. An atmospheric location, excellent free wifi, a kind, cheery, and helpful proprietor (he went out of his way to help me), a well appointed and super-clean room, and very good building security including a solid room safe. Its right in the centre of the old city and very quiet. However, if you have a lot of luggage - this is not the place for you since you are a little distant from the city gates.

We stayed for three nights and had a wonderful stay, the hotel is located at the heart of the old city, close to all the pubs but far from the noise. The staff was very nice and helpful. The only "problem" is that the towels given to us were very small. Other than that - excellent hotel with excellent value for money!

Friendly hosts welcomed us late at night with a meal and kindness. Mango rooms located in a quiet area of Old Rhodes town in a lovely shaded square, but within very easy reach of the sights, museums, and the port. Rooms basic but comfortable. Rooftop access for 360• views and sunbathing. Taverna downstairs, but not a disturbance in the room. To be reccommended.

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Beutiful location, fantastic place to stay.

• 19th Sep 2013

Wifi worked well. Staff helpful.

• 2nd Sep 2013

They didn`t tell me that it is a restaurant. It smells fried food all day long!

No serious bed for 2 persons.

• 16th Aug 2013

Everyone at Mango Rooms was super friendly and helpful, they even helped us book a rental car for the day. We thought we'd have to switch rooms after a night, since we reserved it a little weirdly, but they worked it out so we didn't have to move. The rooftop deck is pretty dark and windy, and some nights you can just hear live music from nearby bars, which was great.

This hostel has comfortable beds, good air con, is close enough to the main street in the Old City but far enough away that you get a good night's sleep. The door to our bathroom was creaky (so using the loo in the middle of the night woke up my roomie) and the shower pressure was weak, but other than that, the lady who helped us was lovely and we had a great night in the Old City.

Very nice and friendly owner

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

The door lock was broken so my door had to be left open on the first night. The staff fixed this the day after. It was very noisy with people slamming doors and talking loudly all night. When I commented on this I was told that I should have gone out and told people to be quiet. Rather impractical as this was going on all night. I was also asked for an upfront payment in cash before being shown the room, and the shower was low pressure and cold. I only stayed for 2 nights of the 5 paid for.

• 10th Jul 2013

The owners were extremely rude on a few occassions and didn't help us with anything we needed to know. It's joint with their restaurant down stairs so they wouldn't suggest any places to eat.

Mango rooms is very well located located within the old town walls, although tucked away in a quiet spot. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was basic but pretty good, and includes a fridge which we always find very handy. We were there only one night and didn't experience much of a hostel atmosphere.

I was fine, in the center of old town, near good restaurant, near to the port and bus stations, good atmosphere, silence, all facilities

Mango rooms is in a great location on a nice quiet square. The rooms are clean and the bar downstairs is very convenient and comfortable. Dimitri the owner was friendly, helpful and spoke english. Only concern is that noise travels in hallway and door locks echo when guests come and go. Great value in Rhodes old town.

Nice family run business located in the old town. Rooms kept clean and staff very helpful. Walking distance from the port.

Even if the room was clean, if it was secure and well located, it was hard to find, espically at midnight! the owner was no help when we called 'cause we were lost! no atmosphere what's so ever. we had breakfast at the restaurant but it was really expensive for not much (4euros for 2 slices of white bread and orange juice that tasted old).

A truly lovely stay - I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and upgraded to a double room so that I wouldn't have to swap partly through my stay. Excellent food, amazing staff - I'll definitely be back to stay here again. Couldn't fault it.

It was located in a great position, only a few minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Rhodes town. There was free wifi in the room, a fridge, and tv. Overall I was very happy with the accommodation and will not hesitate to stay there again!

Wonderful rooms and they cook great as well. I recommend the Greek plate. The man running the place is very kind and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7