Mango Rooms Reviews

Sq.Dorieos 3 (old town), Rhodes Town, Rhodes, Greece

Mango rooms had double booked us, so they paid for an upgrade at a pension down the road. They walked us there and were very understanding. We ended up staying at Olympos Pension, which was lovely.

Good stay. Would definitely stay here again. Martin was helpful with everything from recommendations to booking us a taxi to the ferry. Good, cleanrclean rooms in a good location.

Good place

Excellent location and friendly staff on hand at all times. Just a shame the restaurant/bar was closed, but at least that meant it was quiet. There are three other restaurant/bars within a 20 second walk so it was no problem.

• 29th Jul 2014

It was my second time in Mango Rooms. Location is central, you may reach everywhere you want in old town easyly. We have again rent a car, normally, car rental companies are leaving cars at Fragkiskos Church. It is just 5 min by walk to Mango Rooms, You may park your car there and reach Mango Rooms easyly. But, rooms were not clean, tovels are not daily renewed, Air conditioner didn't work. Last year, rooms were more clean.

Really friendly and welcoming staff. Restaurant serves tasty food as well. In center if old town, I'd stay here again.

Lovely place inside the old city with a nice attached restaurant. The location is wonderful: quiet and peaceful while centrally located within the city walls and walking distance from everything. Wi-fi worked great throughout. The owners were exceptionally friendly and welcoming and I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Plus: Quiet, good location for eating out at restaurants and visiting the old town, local supermarket, the hostel had their own restaurant which was of a good standard and offered discount for residents. Staff friendly and helpful Minus: Small hostel made it difficult to meet other travellers and was a good 20 minute walk to the main beaches, so if convenience to the beach and socializing is important for you I would suggest staying in the new town. This would suit someone independent and mature

• 14th May 2014

My room was on the small side - but - everything else about Mango Rooms is fantastic. An atmospheric location, excellent free wifi, a kind, cheery, and helpful proprietor (he went out of his way to help me), a well appointed and super-clean room, and very good building security including a solid room safe. Its right in the centre of the old city and very quiet. However, if you have a lot of luggage - this is not the place for you since you are a little distant from the city gates.

We stayed for three nights and had a wonderful stay, the hotel is located at the heart of the old city, close to all the pubs but far from the noise. The staff was very nice and helpful. The only "problem" is that the towels given to us were very small. Other than that - excellent hotel with excellent value for money!

Friendly hosts welcomed us late at night with a meal and kindness. Mango rooms located in a quiet area of Old Rhodes town in a lovely shaded square, but within very easy reach of the sights, museums, and the port. Rooms basic but comfortable. Rooftop access for 360• views and sunbathing. Taverna downstairs, but not a disturbance in the room. To be reccommended.

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Beutiful location, fantastic place to stay.

• 19th Sep 2013

Wifi worked well. Staff helpful.

• 2nd Sep 2013

They didn`t tell me that it is a restaurant. It smells fried food all day long!

No serious bed for 2 persons.

• 16th Aug 2013

Everyone at Mango Rooms was super friendly and helpful, they even helped us book a rental car for the day. We thought we'd have to switch rooms after a night, since we reserved it a little weirdly, but they worked it out so we didn't have to move. The rooftop deck is pretty dark and windy, and some nights you can just hear live music from nearby bars, which was great.

This hostel has comfortable beds, good air con, is close enough to the main street in the Old City but far enough away that you get a good night's sleep. The door to our bathroom was creaky (so using the loo in the middle of the night woke up my roomie) and the shower pressure was weak, but other than that, the lady who helped us was lovely and we had a great night in the Old City.

Very nice and friendly owner

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

The door lock was broken so my door had to be left open on the first night. The staff fixed this the day after. It was very noisy with people slamming doors and talking loudly all night. When I commented on this I was told that I should have gone out and told people to be quiet. Rather impractical as this was going on all night. I was also asked for an upfront payment in cash before being shown the room, and the shower was low pressure and cold. I only stayed for 2 nights of the 5 paid for.

• 10th Jul 2013

The owners were extremely rude on a few occassions and didn't help us with anything we needed to know. It's joint with their restaurant down stairs so they wouldn't suggest any places to eat.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7