Mango Tourist Hostel Reviews

110 Torquay Rd, Scarness, Hervey Bay, Australia

Mango is a real hidden treasure. I chose it because it is smaller, and quiet. No rowdies. I had a fantastic 2 days stay, Paul and Ilona couldn't do enough for me. Lovely kitchen, lush gardens, peaceful deck chairs on the verandah, perfect location to do my whale watching from because there was a pick up bus as well.

• 13th Aug 2014

Nicest hostel I've stayed in, more a home than a hostel. Perfect atmosphere, quiet and chilled. Owner is friendly and knowledgeable. Bus from where the greyhound stops is just a few mins walk to the hostel. Shops, beach etc all within short walk. Completely clean. Security is non-existent- it isn't negligence, they don't seem to think it's needed. I was apprehensive at first but it was fine. Given the previous review I was disappointed in the number of geckos, I only saw one.

It's a very small hostel, their are only 3 rooms with 8 beds total. It's hard to get there from the greyhound/ premier bus station. NO shuttle!

Security is a bit of an issue, but considering the location is extremely safe, we were never worried. Although the fact that we share the house with about thirty geckos at any given time is a bit concerning. But definitely one of the nicest and most unique hostels we've ever stayed in. We had an amazing time. Best location if any hostel in Harvey bay.

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was really relaxing :-)! Very comfortable small hostel, very clean and the owners really looked after me - they were super friendly, personal and approachable. If you are looking for a cosy small hostel you have come to the right place!

• 27th Mar 2014

Eine der besten Unterkünfte die wir in Australien hatten. Super nett, freundlich und immer hilfsbereit ! Ich würde es jedem empfehlen!

• 11th Mar 2014