Mango Tourist Hostel Reviews

110 Torquay Rd, Scarness, Hervey Bay, Australia

After 6 months of travelling, this is definitely the best hostel I've stayed at! Absolutely fabulous! The family that run the hostel are lovely, helpful

Family run hostel with only 3 bedrooms. Small but tidy; staff very friendly and helpful in introducing tours, offering guidance to places of interests (not just in Hervey Bay). Lovely family atmosphere and would love to come back.

Mango is a real hidden treasure. I chose it because it is smaller, and quiet. No rowdies. I had a fantastic 2 days stay, Paul and Ilona couldn't do enough for me. Lovely kitchen, lush gardens, peaceful deck chairs on the verandah, perfect location to do my whale watching from because there was a pick up bus as well.

• 13th Aug 2014

Nicest hostel I've stayed in, more a home than a hostel. Perfect atmosphere, quiet and chilled. Owner is friendly and knowledgeable. Bus from where the greyhound stops is just a few mins walk to the hostel. Shops, beach etc all within short walk. Completely clean. Security is non-existent- it isn't negligence, they don't seem to think it's needed. I was apprehensive at first but it was fine. Given the previous review I was disappointed in the number of geckos, I only saw one.