Mango Tree Ilha Grande Reviews

Rua Pedra D'Agua, Ilha Grande, Ilha Grande, Brazil

We had a private room with bathroom, a few minutes from the sea and 5 minutes from main street where the main restaurants are but there are bars and restaurants on the beach near the hostel. Short walk from Aquario pier. Hostel very quiet location. It's not a party hostel which was great, kitchen very small but you can use it, good breakfast, tea, coffee, rolls, cheese, ham, cakes and fruit. Can pay by visa. Wifi great, and nice to sit outside room. Staff very friendly and helpful.

I wanted to love this hostel, the staff are lovely, the place is really chilled out, decent breakfast and an amazing location. There's some odd science happening in the room though; it was very damp. The room smelled damp, the bed sheets were damp and when I picked up my glasses in the morning they were steamed up from vapour - I've no idea what was going on but it wasn't pleasant. It might be isolated to our room though, I hope it was because this is a lovely little place otherwise.

A little out of the main town meant this place was lovely a quiet- hammocks for relaxing worked well in the communal areas here. The breakfast was really good and the staff were helpful. On the downside, the rooms didn't feel clean- ours was constantly full of sand (not sure if this was just the island in general) but also smelt constantly damp. The wifi only worked in the communal areas.

nice hostel, the private rooms felt like they were in a hotel. A big gripe however was the staff, we turned up and there was no electricity or power due to a storm on the island. The staff gave us absolutely no information whatsoever and just showed us to our room, no information about where to use the toilet or shower, which is pretty important when you cant in your room. Their attitude seemed fairly dismissive. Other than that, good location, comfortable rooms. Bathroom could have been cleaned

Hostel placed away from the hustle of the village center, with very nice rooms and breakfast area. Very nice atmosphere created by the space available. Rooms could be cleaner, but I guess the forest surroundings do not help. The staff had the same spirit as I did, so it was quite easy to interact with them.