Mango Tree Ilha Grande Reviews

Rua Pedra D'Agua, Ilha Grande, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Good location right on the beach and a short walk to the town centre. The breakfast was excellent and the dorm room was clean, secure and spacious. It's more of a guest house than a hostel really as it only has one dorm and mainly doubles. They do have a decent common area to relax in.

We had a private room with bathroom, a few minutes from the sea and 5 minutes from main street where the main restaurants are but there are bars and restaurants on the beach near the hostel. Short walk from Aquario pier. Hostel very quiet location. It's not a party hostel which was great, kitchen very small but you can use it, good breakfast, tea, coffee, rolls, cheese, ham, cakes and fruit. Can pay by visa. Wifi great, and nice to sit outside room. Staff very friendly and helpful.

I wanted to love this hostel, the staff are lovely, the place is really chilled out, decent breakfast and an amazing location. There's some odd science happening in the room though; it was very damp. The room smelled damp, the bed sheets were damp and when I picked up my glasses in the morning they were steamed up from vapour - I've no idea what was going on but it wasn't pleasant. It might be isolated to our room though, I hope it was because this is a lovely little place otherwise.