Mangolo Hostel-Angkor Reviews

0123 Watdannak, Salaskanroeuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

great hostel! the only problem is VERY HOT dormitory room after the sun goes up.

had a nice stay there for 6 nights, nice traditional wooden house, very good price too...

Comfortable beds, mosquito nets provided. Helpful staff. Only stayed one night and was great value for money. Rooms are very hot though.

Great location, everything was clean and fine, except the fact that we woke up in the middle of the night finding bed bugs all over the place!! So we left early. But they tried to exterminate them the next morning. Don't know if they succeeded.

We didn't expect much from this hostel as the other reviews stated that it was basic. The facilities were as expected,;the showers were cold, there was no toilet roll or soap in the toilets and there was no way of locking the rooms so we had to use our own padlock. From the other reviews we at least expected decent service from the staff. However, what we actually received was incorrect information which resulted in us missing our transfer to our bus and nearly not being able to see the Angkor

Mangolo is definitely a place for those who want to enjoy the night life and also appreciate the serenity and calming environment Cambodia has to offer. It's cheap and a good place to stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, there's free wifi and a lounge where people are welcome to play pool. I will definitely come again the next time i visit Siem Reap.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • julileaf2413
  • Malaysia

IT IS AN OK PLACE IN A GOOD LOCATION, BUT STAFF WILL TELL YOU SOMETHING BUT YOU HAVE TO SPECIFICLY ASK THEM WHAT YOU WANT OR NEED TO KNOW ABOUT

Everything was excellent! Staff was Great and ir is a really recommendable place to go! Thanks to everyone there! You were Great.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Make sure you bring some mosquito repellent, there are thousands!!!

The room is clean, close to old market. Staff are friendly.

Location is good as it's very near to the old market where you can get variety of food there.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel is great and make me feel like home. It's good for its price, one thing that bug me the most is water, I got cover with shower gel while there's no water in the shower room, other than that, everything is fine.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Cambodia

This hostel is not bad. It is annoying that there is not always running water. Also, there is no paper. I find the information I received from the staff poorly. For the price it is a nice place

This place is great. I've never stayed in better accommodation for $2.50. Not perfect but the quibbles are minor. The guys do tours but depending on where you're going you can probably get a better price if you barter hard on the street. I did.

it's a good hostel for real budge travelers! atmosphere was not that good, there is not really a common area. but value for money Excellent

I liked my stay here - the beds were clean and there was a new mosquito net. The bikes were also cheap and the staff was friendly. The place could do with providing toilet paper, a hook to hang up your clothes in the shower, and soap at the sink of the bathroom.

4 of us shared one room which worked out to be extremely cheap. The location of the hostel was only a comfortable 10 minute walk away from the markets and famous pub street. The staff were also very helpful in providing information and tours to the temples.

Great Place to stay. Great stuff. Very helpful. Super cheap

Wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Simply love the whimsical atmosphere, awesome music and hammock. After a tiring day exploring temples and being exposed to bustling action at the markets and Pub Street, stepping into Mangolo's compound was like stepping into a haven where we could wash the dust away, kick back, relax and play Scrabble. Transportation and tours can be arranged at Mangolo at cheaper price than directly dealing with outside operators.

I only wish they served food! Excellent value -- cheap rooms, cheap bikes, helpful staff, don't overcharge to help you get bus tickets, and just an overall good atmosphere : )