Mangolo Hostel-Angkor Reviews

0123 Watdannak, Salaskanroeuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

the place needs more clean!!! they had rats and many different insects! the shower upstairs doesnt work properly. anyway, al thí things are acceptable as Cambodia is a very poor country.

Mangolo rustic. suitable, but a big to-do over hot water. They listed tea and coffee in their amenities but attempted to sell it to me cup by cup. VERY MEAN when I said no! Paid more attention to FB than guests! Huge bed in corner for me in fan room was comfortable. Tuktuk drivers can be very pushy, best to buy through hostels. Guy was great. Staff often rude and unwelcoming, as if I were a pest and not a guest. A bit out of the way. Maps good. Bicycle hire handy and cheap.

We are sorry that hot water is not be provided to guests, just only a welcome cold purified water to be provided free to all guests when they are at Mangolo to check in. With 2.5$/night we need to survive, not just give service for free. I do hope that understanding from all guests stay here, we still keep that price to all our guests. Please come with your smile not just come as rude guest and ask something for free & we are happy to have you as guest at Mangolo Hostel.

It's good, cheap and not memorable. The rooms are fan-cooled so a tad warm but it wasn't a massive problem. The staff were helpful and professional but there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Good facilities, 3 or 4 (cold) showers and toilets, each bed has a locker, and the location was just a hop across the river to the town centre and a few kms from Angkor, which is the standard for a Siem Reap hostel. They sell soft drinks for around $.50 which is good value too. If you're on a budget, stay here!

This hostel was built with Cambodia's traditional architecture, which makes it kind of different from others. However, the toilets and bathrooms are not good. There are no hooks or racks in the bathrooms so that you can hang your clothes and towel. The water is said to be insufficient for the whole town so you have to go downstairs to have a shower. Besides, there's something wrong with the automatic lights. They kept going out while I was in the bathroom and it scared me to death.

I paid for a 5 bed dorm and i was in the big room with maybe 10 or 12 bed... but exceptly that it was ok.

Nice place to stay and for a very reasonable price. They have bikes for rent, and is a really way to visit Angkor wat.

great hostel! the only problem is VERY HOT dormitory room after the sun goes up.

We are so sorry about that hot because it is hottest moment in Cambodia. Anyway our team did hope that you enjoyed your stay in Siem Reap and Mangolo Hostel Angkor.

had a nice stay there for 6 nights, nice traditional wooden house, very good price too...

Thank you so much for your stay with us and it was a pleasure to accommodate you at Mangolo Hostel Angkor.