Manila Hotel Reviews

Flat 7, 10/F, Block D, Chungking Mansion, 40 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great place to stay if you want to be on a good street with a lot going on and a lot within walking distance. Tiny room though, smaller than I expected. I am 6'2" and I could not lay in the bed as I was wider than the room. Found a big cockroach too, but place was clean so must have come in the window! No facilities at all, no common area, towels stained and holes. Also pretty sure the staff that appear to live there aswell, used our room while we were out.

Gary, the manager, is very friendly, speaks good English, accommodating and helpful. The place is at the 17th floor while the lift is only up to 16th floor. It is very taxing to carry heavy luggage up the stairs to the 17th floor.

It was not very easy to find the hostel. Then the door to the reception did not open. The staff did not speak proper English and there were cockroaches in the room.

• 7th Oct 2014

The hostel was not easy to find, the staff did not speak proper English. The rooms were very small and contained cockroaches...

I am very angry at the manila hotel. Because of the demonstrations in Hong Kong i had to cancel my trip. I contacted the hotel and asked them to please not charge me for booking. I would have came another time., They never replied, and I had to pay for the night even though I did not go. I had to click "Average" for reviews because not click something my review would not have gotten on. I never stayed.

• 1st Oct 2014

We stayed a night at Manila. First of all, they moved and hadnt sent us the wrong address. Second, we had booked a three bedroom ensuite and got a two bedroom. They pretended it was an 'upgrade' for us. The beds were not clean and had hairs on them. Otherwise the room itself was too small to even move around at all without walking over the beds. We did get a key after asking but it never locked the way we felt safe. Not to recommend!

nice boss, good located, next time also will choose this hotel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • China

Don't be mis-led by the stunning internet photos. What goes on in the Cheung King Mansion building stays in the Cheung King Mansion Building. Manila Rooms are on the 17th floor which is currently under construction. Manila does have: clean towells, cozy beds for tall people, hot water, wifi, airconditioning that will freeze you, brand new fan/tiles/construction never been used, rooms with an outside view. Cons: SMALL rooms. TOP Floor. Limited negociations on room size/price.

The locaion is amazing and the price is good, but the thing that really impressed me is the staff. I had some problems getting in touch with my traveling partner, as we were arriving in HK at different times and Herry from the reception desk helped me out even after his shift was over and stayed with me to make sure I got safely back to the hotel. He really didn't have to do that, but he made a big difference. Thank you so much!

Location is the best at the cheapest rate with the best and friendly staff. Cleanliness is observed and maintained very well. I am surprised of the excellent service while I am paying the lowest price in that area. I'll return and stay again on this hotel.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Philippines

They change our places 3 times and it was too small... Really bad experience!

• 29th May 2014