Manly Bunkhouse Reviews

35 Pine Street, Manly, Sydney, Australia

The bathroom was in the room but no privacy at all to go to the toilet, it was a sliding door, that didn't even close properly, had a fridge freezer that made noise, no curtains,and got no sleep at all. Was meant to stay there for few days, but left after one night.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Wales

Very nice little place near the beach. Think most of the people who stay here are Swedish or Dutch but they are all nice people any way. Facility wise probably not the best, but it's got a very nice little charm to it which made me go back to it again a few months later. 2 minute walk to the beach, about a 10-15 Min walk to manly. Shops right outside. A decent place to go.

Definitely not worth the rating. The place was completly dirty. Many things were broken. When I arrived there was nobody at the reception. The receptionist was outside drinking with a couple of guys. She was totally lazy, and was not helpfull at all. The first day we arrived we had to do our beds ourself because she had forgotten to do them. That same night we had to wait outside the hostel for half an hour before some one opened the door because she had forgotten to gve us the code (can go on.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

There was a few people in the hostel using the faclitis that wasnt paying to be there & on a number of occasions we was unable to use the kichen and eat our dinner anywhere apart from on our laps in our room as the eatting area is way to small for everybody + non paying guests. The staff was rarely there and they also tried to charge us for our room twice which i had to prove i had already paid for so (BE AWARE) however manly is a great place and the beach is about 200m from the hostel

The hostel was great, we met some lovely people and even though other reviews have said it's quiet the people we met were still up for a party (outside the hotel). The curfew at the hostel was quite good because if you did want to have a quiet night in you could because everyone had to clear out of the outside communal area by 10pm. The front desk staff were nice, one couldn't really answer our questions about how to get to the airport early in the morning but we got a shuttle which was easy.

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff were really friendly and the hostel is lovely, I like the common room areas, kitchen and the garden outside. The other guests seemed relaxed and easy going so the atmosphere was good. I also liked the fact that the hostel was very quiet and you could get a good nights sleep. I am going back to stay next week because I liked it so much! The beds were comfy and the fact that you have a fridge, sink, kettle and bathroom in your dorm (shared between 4) is great.

• 25th Nov 2013

I like it! Ive been here 4 2 weeks now and i can elselie stay 4 more.

• 20th Nov 2013