Manly Harbour Backpackers Reviews

1st Floor, 45 Cambridge Parade, Manly, Brisbane, Australia

I can't quite see why this hostels review score is so low. The guy in reception gave me a quick tour of the facilities and was quite helpful. The hostel has nice wall art, themed rooms, lockers if you need and an okay sized kitchen/common room. 8 bed dorm I was in was clean. There was live music from outside, but at 10 pm all went quiet. Proper aircon would be a big plus, but this goes for lots of other hostels too. 20 min to CBD by train, but station is near. No free beer given for review.. :-)

Great staff

its about an hours train ride from Brisbane city centre which wasnt made clear. Bedroom Window didnt close so when it rained heavily the bed got wet also. The Staff are never in the office so impossible to get help. In the breakfast included there was not even tea or coffee.

First of all when we arrived we were greeted in a way that suggested we were more of an inconvienience instead of guests we went into a messy filthy room with no curtains and dirty sheets. The windows were open all night as it was to stuffy in the room and the local bars were open late so it was hard to get any sleep. The next day the cleaner was tidying the communal areas swearing about how unclean the guests and the place was. This place is the worst. Stay away!!!

This is the worst hostel I stayed in while travelling. I made a mistake booking a hostel so far from the city but the habour was lovely to see. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm or classical room which I shared with two women who appeared to live in the hostel. I had booked and paid to stay two nights but after fighting I had witnessed during the night and the next day I left genuinely scared.

my stay was made extremely unpleasant by one particular long term guest. would not stay here again

The male receptionist is not professional at all, hope you can be more polite with patience when guests check in your hostel, after all, we paid money for accommodation not for experiencing your bad attitude and ur stinky face.