Manor House Backpackers Reviews

28 Manor Place, Dunedin, Dunedin, New Zealand

I was lucky to get a non bunkbed. With many guests it would be good with more showers and bathrooms. I understand the house is old, so not so many plugs and cold at night. But still a nice hostel, and good if you travel with nakedbus.

Thanks for your review. We do have plans to add more toilets and showers. There are oil heaters in every room for all guests to use. All the best with the rest of your travels.

Stuff is awesome for first and place was easy to find in peaceful street near city centre! Room we stayed in was huge but still most silent one we stayed in, even that it was full of people 20 something and bed was most comfortable on all 19 hostels I stayed in on my trip!!! BED IS THE BEST ONE! Dunedin as a city was boring on sunday evening and scary empty!

Thank you for your nice review. Dunedin is a small town if you compare it with the big cities of the world. : ) I think the surrounding nature makes it special.

Pretty nice overall. The employees were super friendly. Loved the atmosphere. The building itself is beautiful.

• 13th Sep 2014

Thanks for your nice comments all the best with your travels.

I stayed in the Tomlinson House which was a very dreary place compared to Manor House which just had better kitchens and bathrooms. Decor like my great grandmas house. Wi Fi was s***. Security needs improving. But the staff (particularly the man with glasses and a shaved head) were very helpful - even carried my luggage to my room. TV room is a good place to meet ppl. Kitchen is nice in Manor house.

Thanks for your comments, sorry you found it dreary the season is very quiet right now, all the best with the rest of your trip.

Hostel is in a pretty cool looking house. We stayed in a house separate from reception (only next door) in a 12 bed dorm. The dorms themselves were clean but the bathroom - there was only 2 in the entire house - were terrible. The showers were old and dirty and for that many people it's not enough. There were three kitchens though which was great and the common room was nice. Location is close to city centre.

Thanks for your comments. New toilets and showers are at the top of our list of jobs to be done.

Nice hostel, about 10 min to the octagon by foot. The rooms are located on a really nicely renewed old house... Had a lot of space in the Doorm. Really comfortable atmosphere and clean rooms! Free parking! Was just perfect! Cheers!

Really nice enviroment, only thing that should be improved is the kitchen, which should be a bit bigger.

• 27th Jun 2014

Thanks for your comments. \Hope you enjoyed the free wifi and new pillows! enjoy the rest of your trip.