Manos Studios Hotel Reviews

Nimfon 14, Amoudara, Heraklion, Greece

The owner is an ex travel agent, can give you tons of advice and knows how to get anywhere on the island and what ferrys to take. He was very kind! The pool looked nice but with the ocean right there, I never used it! Bedroom layouts are a little awkward, at least in my room it was.

had such a great time, the owner is so helpful and lovely, clean room and bathroom

Reserved a dorm-type room but there was a mix up, so they gave us a private apartment. No wifi in the rooms though. Only at public places of the hotel

I had to staff for one night and it was great, the staff were so friendly and really help me with advice on the buses, would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great hostel! The people were very nice and helpful and it comes with a beautiful view! We had a private balcony room which was so pretty. Very close to the beach and easy to get to everything, even herklion by bus. Would recommend!

My friend and I had a wonderful stay at Manos. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, and the staff provided excellent service and suggestions on places to eat. The location of the property is within walking distance of Amoudara beach, which is beautiful at sunset.

I did not enjoy my stay here. The staff is entirely unprofessional, leaving the front desk unattended, sometimes for hours at a time, leaving only a note saying "Back in 15 minutes." The room was mostly clean, with good amenities, but dust had collected on higher spaces, such as the range hood and wardrobe. My "test" at this hostel was leaving behind a pair of sunglasses on the desk, in clear view. Staff and housekeeping claimed the room was empty after cleaning and I had them in my bag.

Manos is a great place to stay. We arrived with 3 of us with only booking two beds (because of no availability online) and the owner was kind and accommodating, and switched us to a three person private room! He also let us stay an additional day because we enjoyed it so much. Great location close to the beach. Also there is air conditioning in the room which is great! I would recommend manos!

• 30th Jul 2014

I absolutely loved my stay over there! 2 min away from the beach! The owner really friendly and helpful!

Great place to stay! Clean and well kept and in a great area (near beaches and good restaurants) despite the long bus ride from the port and airport. Friendly staff... and there's a pool!!!! Great value for money.

The female dorm room is really good (surpassing overall backpacking standard). There is built-in kitchen in the room fully equipped with necessary utensils. There is a bathtub in the bathroom which impressed me a lot :D The friendly hostel owner gave me a really good direction to the airport. All staff members are really friendly. Con : quite far away from town but it is easily accessed by the public transportation. Closed to the beach !

nice rooms for good money. pool was a nice refreshment, not too bg, but definately doing its job. what I liked on the poor was that hes very deep... staff is very nice and symphatic. theyll give you tips for your trip if you want. Tte rooms also have a safe where you can put camera, cards and whatever stuff in.

• 16th Jul 2014

I had the best experience here! The man who runs the place is very sweet and when I wanted to extend my stay but he had no more space in his hotel, he talked to the hotel next door to give me a room there for the same price. So I went from a 6bed dorm to my own private room with kitchen and my own bathroom bc of him. Plus, his hotel is very clean, kitchen in every room with pots and pans, nice swimming pool, close to beach. But the French girls working there are very unprofessional.

I booked a 6 bed dorm and got put in a 3 bed dorm which was nice. Had a balcony, our own bathroom and kitchen in our room with a fridge. Air conditioning was great and they provided towels, a nice pillow, and wi-fi was fast. The owner will let you hang out by the pool and use the wi-fi the day you check out if your flight or ferry isn't until late. I had a great stay.

• 6th Jul 2014

The dorm room was clean and very nice. It's easy to get to central Heraklion. The surounded beach its just less than 5mins walk. You can also find a lots of shop, tavern. I liked Roxini tavern (which is opposite to big one Petsousis tavern). The owner, Fragiskos, is very friendly and out-going person.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Manos Studios was a good place for a short stay. It is quite far away from Heraklion but has a couple nice shops around it. The beach was really the only thing really close by. The rooms were spacious, super clean and I loved that they had a kitchen. There isn't really a community feel like in some hostels but thats because its more studios/hotel feel, less hostel feel. Overall, good stay, but any more days and I would have been bored.

My stay here was really good! The rooms are very clean and spacious. Also they have air con. which is especially good in Greece in summer! Fragiskos was incredibly nice and helpful! the only downside is that it is quite far away from the city centre and you have to take a bus to get everywhere (takes about 25-30 min because of the traffic) but otherwise everything else was fine! The neighbourhood was good, many tourists and cafés, restaurants, clubs nearby which makes it quite safe.

Very nice place right next to the beach ! The owner Is very nice, helpful and very funny ! We had a good time there

I absolutely loved my stay here! It's a little ways from city center but very easy to get the bus as it is close to several bus stops. Very close to the beach and multiple tavernas and supermarkets. Fragiskos was extremely helpful and went out of his way to make sure I was settled and knew where I was going. The wifi is a little intermittent but readily available in the common areas.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location: at the very end of a dark, narrow, unfriendly cul-de-sac. Overlooks an empty lot that's a garbage dump. Smell is pretty bad. Far from the city center, far from an acceptable beach location. Beach: a good 1.5 km (1 mi) adventure. Hotel: no cleaning, no trash removal for 5 days. Appliances are old, worn, not clean. Air conditioning is weak. No wifi in rooms only in reception area. Most of the times it's out. Staff isn't helpful. Noise 24/7 generated by locals. No receipt at check out.