Manos Studios Hotel Reviews

Nimfon 14, Amoudara, Heraklion, Greece

This place was such a pleasant surprise after our less than stellar hostels in Rome. It was clean, beautiful, easy to find and located a short walk from lots of beach restaurants.. More hotel-like than hostel Like which kind of made you feel like you were on holiday as opposed to backpacking. Just a short bus ride from Heraklion which was fine by as us since it seemed like the further west you were from the city the better the beaches were. Staff was very nice and helpful!

Owner and staff were very nice. Decent but not great Wi-Fi. Close to beach and some awesome food. A bit of a long bus ride to explore city of heraklion and Knossos

This was a brief, but lovely stay. It is a bit further out of the city, but the directions given were very easy to follow and the bus driver knew where to drop me. The room was spotless! The staff were very helpful and friendly. The garden was lovely and had a pool. I would definitely recommend this place.

Excellent help from staffwould recommend.

• 16th Jul 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are big and have everything you need in them. Beds were alittle stiff but nothing too uncomfortable, otherwise very satisfied.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Estonia

Manos Studios is an amazing place to stay at in Crete. It has a clean pool and a little pool bar where you can sit at and have a beer with the friendly manager of the place. The rooms are perfectly clean and include a big bathroom, clean kitchen and air conditioning. I travelled alone and stayed in the 6 bedroom dorm for 6 days. The rooms get cleaned daily and you get a new fresh towel, if you ask for it. Wifi works perfectly fine on the ground floor. I'm coming back for sure! Efcharisto poli :)

The staff were super friendly and incredibly helpful!!

• 4th Jul 2015

Good hostel: big dorm with kitchen and bathroom, clean. Towel included. Elevator and swimming-pool. Bus stop close to the hostel (follow the owner indication to find the hostel), regular bus line to heraklio center and knossos. Lots of travel agency and restaurant in the neighborhood. Excellent owner, very nice, helped me a lot during my stay and to find a solution to catch my very early flight.

A cabin, not a room, and an old spring mattress on a frame rather than a comfortable bed. Also light came in first thing in the morning but the nice guy who runs the place said they would address that in the future. I thought I would be getting a treat as I booked a double room to myself so thought it worth the extra, but instead I got shoulder ache and a night of sleep so poor that I was destroyed the whole following day, which made my arrival in Istanbul not the way I wanted. Friendly owner.

Great hotel. Nice pool, clean rooms. And the hotel owner is soo nice and helpful.

• 28th Jun 2015

Chambre au 4eme etage Photos trompeuses, chambre très sale, très très petite ---> à fuir Seul point positif : proprio sympa

Thank you for being so helpful! I had a very nice stay at manos, I will recommend to friends/family!

• 24th Jun 2015

Stayed here for a week and a half in an ensuite bedroom. The room was quite big and there was even a small kitchen. The place was cleaned very often. If you take the bus you are in Heraklion within 20/30 minutes. There are a few supermarkets near the hotel (Lidl/Carrefour). Best part about the hotel was the staff. Fragiskos was very kind and helpful and he even let us stay in our room until we had to go to the airport in the evening. Greek hospitality at it's finest. Great value for your money.

I loved my stay at Manos! The dorm room was so nice and even had a fully equipped kitchen. Staff were amazing and very very helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

We loved our stay here! It was located outside of Heraklion, but very close to the beach, and a short bus ride away from the city. The staff was so accommodating, friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jun 2015

Positive: whereas the hostel is not in downtown Heraklion, the instructions to get there are very clear (the bus driver dropped me off right where I was supposed to be). You have to look a bit to find the hostel though, it's located down an alley I wouldn't normally walk into at night (time I arrived). The manager is superfriendly and he gave me very good tips on getting around Heraklion. Negative: the room was not very clean and was crammed with random furniture.

A great hostel to stay in. The room had a kitchenette which was well equipped. Air con was extra but the fan was perfectly fine for us. Beds are comfy and the owner is so friendly and helpful. It's a short bus ride outside heraklion but right beside a beach and many tavernas, ships, supermarkets etc are close by too.

Everything was lovely! Over the top service with a smile!

Wifi didn't work in the room. No real social space. Very loud fan and not very clean

Great rooms, nice pool and poolside area. Only complaints are no wifi in the rooms and a bit of a hike out of town. If you have a car or are happy taking the bus I definitely reccomend