Manos Studios Hotel Reviews

Nimfon 14, Amoudara, Heraklion, Greece

I only spent a night here just passing through at a quiet time of year but I can see why people like it. Fragiskos is very nice and helpful. I would stay again.

As a solo traveller I stayed in the dorm there and it was great, spacious, with a big bathroom and a kitchen and balcony. All for a very cheap price. The wifi only works in the downstairs reception/pool area, but this is Greece! So it wasn't an issue. The manager is a true asserts this place, a warm, friendly helpful guy who goes out of his way to endure his guests have the best time! Location is 15 mins by bus from the centre of Heraklion. Great location. I will be back :))

Great place to stay, very comfortable and clean, with a gorgeous view. Close to a small town with great food, just a little far from the main town area where more nightlife is. Overall a great experience, would recommend.

• 3rd Oct 2015

It was a fairly long bus ride from the Heraklion airport to Manos Studios but what a joy upon our arrival. A roomy studio apartment with a complete kitchen and a balcony overlooking a lovely swimming pool! Our host, Frangisko was extremely helpful in helping us plan a trip to Festos (Phaistos) and Matala by bus. Besides the pool, the beach is only a ten minute walk way. There are many restaurants and grocery stores nearby to suit everyone's needs.

The manager was very nice! The beach is 5 minutes away by walking. We stayed 2 nights not in a row so not in the same room. The first night the fridge was making so much noise, it was horrible. The second night, so in another room, everything was ok. Quite clean.

I'm not sure what his name is, but the main manager there is awesome! We flew into Chania late so we were going to be at the hostel around 2 am. We emailed them in advance and he just told us to have the cab driver call him and he would come down. We had booked a 8 female dorm but since it was late, he insisted that we stay in a double bed private room on the rooftop so we don't wake anyone. He was super nice!

Manos Studios Hotel was wonderful! The owner is the nicest and makes sure that all of his guests are taken care of. He went above and beyond answering my questions and helping me figure out transportation. The facilities are very clean and the view from the top floor is fantastic. Not to mention, the beach is only a 6 min walk away! I would definitely recommend it.

Pros: It has a spectacular attention from the staff, it has good facilities and it is economic. Cons: It isn´t close to the beach.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Spain

Fragiskos was extremely helpful, kind and generous.

• 1st Sep 2015

Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Frangisco is a very nice man,very helpful And the place is very nice too and it was a surprise to discover that there is a beach only 5 minutes walk away.

Nice hostel, very nice management.

• 25th Aug 2015

No lockers included for your belongings. A safe for my passport would have been nice. Everyone was nice and got along well. Was at first concerned about communal areas but it wasn't an issue with meeting fellow travellers.

I had a wonderful very well looked after stay, GREAT private studio, very well equipped, lovely pool and fantastic overall!!

Safe didnt work, but I didn't feel we were necessarily at risk of theft anyway. We didn't really like the town we were in. Hard to find down a side street/alley. Owner seemed really nice but at the same time exhausted, impatient, and annoyed with the guests' questions.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Hi, I will keep accepting check in even 1 after midnight and also I will keep walking far from my adress to meet my guests when taxi drivers drop them far from my place..Maybe is a little bit of exhausting..you are right...

Hostel was impossible for our taxi driver to find. Luckily he caught the attention of the owner who had to direct us out and around to a different street. Room was pretty average although the balcony and private bathroom were a nice touch. We think we may have gotten bug bites from the beds, but other then that it seemed pretty clean.

This hostel is actually more of a hotel and is quite far from central Heraklion. I was only staying one night as I had to catch a ferry to Santorini the following morning and this hostel was not well located for that. I don't think the beach is particularly nice and next time will stay in central Heraklion. The staff were very nice and the room was clean. No atmosphere.

Fragiskos is a really nice guy. He is helpful and will make sure you enjoy your stay. The accommodation is in the middle of nowhere and the closest beach isn't all that nice. If you are to stay here make sure you have a car to go visit other beaches. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend this as there are much nicer areas in Crete. This is fine accommodation though with a nice pool.