Manos Studios Hotel Reviews

Nimfon 14, Amoudara, Heraklion, Greece

I had the best experience here! The man who runs the place is very sweet and when I wanted to extend my stay but he had no more space in his hotel, he talked to the hotel next door to give me a room there for the same price. So I went from a 6bed dorm to my own private room with kitchen and my own bathroom bc of him. Plus, his hotel is very clean, kitchen in every room with pots and pans, nice swimming pool, close to beach. But the French girls working there are very unprofessional.

I booked a 6 bed dorm and got put in a 3 bed dorm which was nice. Had a balcony, our own bathroom and kitchen in our room with a fridge. Air conditioning was great and they provided towels, a nice pillow, and wi-fi was fast. The owner will let you hang out by the pool and use the wi-fi the day you check out if your flight or ferry isn't until late. I had a great stay.

• 6th Jul 2014

The dorm room was clean and very nice. It's easy to get to central Heraklion. The surounded beach its just less than 5mins walk. You can also find a lots of shop, tavern. I liked Roxini tavern (which is opposite to big one Petsousis tavern). The owner, Fragiskos, is very friendly and out-going person.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Manos Studios was a good place for a short stay. It is quite far away from Heraklion but has a couple nice shops around it. The beach was really the only thing really close by. The rooms were spacious, super clean and I loved that they had a kitchen. There isn't really a community feel like in some hostels but thats because its more studios/hotel feel, less hostel feel. Overall, good stay, but any more days and I would have been bored.

My stay here was really good! The rooms are very clean and spacious. Also they have air con. which is especially good in Greece in summer! Fragiskos was incredibly nice and helpful! the only downside is that it is quite far away from the city centre and you have to take a bus to get everywhere (takes about 25-30 min because of the traffic) but otherwise everything else was fine! The neighbourhood was good, many tourists and cafés, restaurants, clubs nearby which makes it quite safe.

Very nice place right next to the beach ! The owner Is very nice, helpful and very funny ! We had a good time there

I absolutely loved my stay here! It's a little ways from city center but very easy to get the bus as it is close to several bus stops. Very close to the beach and multiple tavernas and supermarkets. Fragiskos was extremely helpful and went out of his way to make sure I was settled and knew where I was going. The wifi is a little intermittent but readily available in the common areas.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location: at the very end of a dark, narrow, unfriendly cul-de-sac. Overlooks an empty lot that's a garbage dump. Smell is pretty bad. Far from the city center, far from an acceptable beach location. Beach: a good 1.5 km (1 mi) adventure. Hotel: no cleaning, no trash removal for 5 days. Appliances are old, worn, not clean. Air conditioning is weak. No wifi in rooms only in reception area. Most of the times it's out. Staff isn't helpful. Noise 24/7 generated by locals. No receipt at check out.

Amazing staff, upgraded our room for free and was incredibly helpful!!

• 7th Jun 2014

This hostel is absolutely amazing!! It is easy to find with the directions from the site. I booked the 6 bed dorm and the owner put me in a 3 bed room instead, which was great! The room is really great, it is very big, clean, has a well equipped kitchen (with fridge, oven etc.), beautiful and comfortable bed, a balcony with a great view and even a tv. There is no wifi in the room (maybe because I was in the 4th floor, in the lobby there is), but that is the only thing that wasn't totally great.

Great place to stay though the location isnt very fantastic (feels a little scary at night but it's not that bad after awhile) but the price is reasonable. The guy (in charge of the hotel) is really polite and nice.

Everything was very nice. Room was very clean, big and had full equipped kitchen. Also, staff was very kind. It's little bit far from the city center, but there is bus stop in front of hostel and it's not a big problem if you're not visit the room often during the day.

Great short stay!

Frangisko is very kind and that matters!

• 13th May 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Cozy and very clean, spacious studios, very polite and friendly people. Took some minutes to find location, so when leaving the bus near Petousis taverna, cross the road and look for Nymfon street :) The walls have quite a high sound transmission so the quality of your sleep depends on your neighbors.

Very basic but clean and helpful staff.

Excellent rate price/room and services quality. My studio was large, the kitchen completely equipped, very comfortable, very clean. Swimming pool was clean and surrounded by trees . Mr. Fragiskos is a wonderful person, very warm and ready to assist all tourists. AMAZING value, great facilities. Very impressed!”

All in all, a really nice place to stay. Owner is incredibly friendly and accommodating. I had a single room; it was big and quite comfortable. Only problem is that it is half an hour by bus to Heraklion center and the bus isn't that frequent but I think that might be unavoidable, there don't seem to be many places to stay nearer the city. Would definitely stay again.

Everything was perfect! The hotel was very clean and staff very helpful. The hotel is a bit away from the city center, but the bus access is fast, easy and cheap.

Great looking establishment from the outside and from the inside. You get more than you pay for!! A nice location near the beach and very close to the city center, just 25' by public transport. I reccomend it to everyone! Francisco, the owner is a great, friendly guy who will devote his time to help you with anything you might need!!