Manyatta Backpackers Reviews

Milimani Road, PO box 24943, Nairobi, Kenya

a great place to stay to meet other travellers if youre in nairobi. the mattresses in the private rooms were good, but the ones in the dorms were just foam blocks and didnt provide any support at all. no lockers provided, but I never felt unsafe. if youre only in the city for a few days this would be the place to go.

This hostel was very nice! I started my travels in Nairobi, and the location just outside downtown made it a perfect place to get used to huge Nairobi. The walk downtown was only 10-15 mins and you will also find the way back up pretty quickly if you want to escape the busy streets. Besides that, there is a very nice local pub nextdoor with African live music on saturdays and excellent barbecued meat (Nyama Choma). You can also book safaris through the hostel, as well as lots of other trips.

To be fair, we probably got the worst room in the house. It was loud and stinky and there were no working electrical outlets. the door consisted in pieces of cardboard stapled together. the bathrooms are mixed and crowded and did not make me feel particularly good - no privacy, no cleanliness. We moved out after one night.

• 20th Feb 2015

Very good location and security (what matters a lot in Nairobi) for good price. I stayed there two nights and it was really fine. I like also the fact that it's not on the main street so it's really peaceful.