7.0
Very Good 50 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 50 Total Reviews
Manyatta Backpackers Located at Milimani Road, PO box 24943, Nairobi.
Kenya
Nairobi Nairobi 00502 Milimani Road, PO box 24943
70% 50
-1.2888965 36.8020748
    Rooms available

18th Nov 2016
4.3

Indeed staff is wierd and do not helpful at all. I felt guilty I stood there. In regards to security/luggage store option: they have only 5 lockers for all place. Our room eben does not have lock in the doors. Laundry stinky and quite dirty

4th Nov 2016
6.0

The thing that this place has going for it is location. You are a 15 min walk to CBD. The shower/toilet area was fine, but I never once had a hot shower. There are only a few lockers in the main common entrance, but there were not any available for use during my stay, so essentially there was no place for me to securely store my things. That said, I never had an issue. The girls that work there hide from the guest (literally), and provide no help. I had to work out excursions myself, mostly.

3rd Nov 2016
6.9

It was a good location for me and they have a great outdoor area where people gather at night. Wifi was super fast. Prices for drinks were fair as well. Downsides were the hot water never worked for me, some staff made you feel guilty asking a question, no lockbox in room, mosquitos at night in bedroom. I would still probably recommend as there aren't too many budget options in Nairobi and community was great.

29th Oct 2016
6.0

Breakfast was very poor. Rooms were ok and had trouble getting got water on the shower.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Sep 2016
6.9

A nice, safe hostel within a compound. Free breakfast was simple and lovely - a fried mandazi and a banana with a cup of tea or coffee. Despite Kenya Airways being 4 hours late and taking me into Nairobi at 1:30am the hostel kept in touch as I updated them and the driver was waiting for myself. I was greeted by a staff member and taken straight to my bed for a quiet nights sleep! On Saturday evening though no one answered my knocking and I had to open the compound gate myself!

• Poland, Female, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
6.6

The hostel is in walking distance to the city centre and its cheap as for Nairobi. The staff wasn't helpful and the bathroom in the room didn't work. In the middle of the night I couldn't sleep because the manager was argueing with some girls and comeing in and leaving the room I was sleeping in.

• Slovenia, Male, 25-30
16th Sep 2016
7.7

Longer you stay at Kenya, more you appriciate this place, since there is not a lot of places to gather with other backpackers. Anyway, feeling that you are just and only a source of income for owners is strong, but it's the same almost everywhere in Kenya...

• kssehgal913155
  • England, Male, 25-30
19th Aug 2016
8.0

Good location being not too far from the Central Business District of Nairobi. Facilities are great, fast wifi, hot showers (if you can figure out how to work them), quick and simple breakfast. Good value for money for backpackers and the staff are knowledgeable about the area.

• China, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

I am glad that I chose Manyatta Backpackers Hostel as my first accommodation at Nairobi. The staffs are nice and kind, the guests and roomies are cute and helpful. Foods and beer here awwww, fresh, delicious and cheap. Last night was chatting and playing time around the bonfire, our team won twice aha!