Mapamundo Reviews

Calle Milans, Barcelona, Spain

The rooms are in two apartments in the middle of the gothic quarter, with good location, but old facilities. Everything you needed was there: Linen, Towels, Internet, Kitchen Utensils,... Jandro explained everything to me by arrival, gave me advice on how to get everywhere, and whenever you needed something you could ask him. Also, every day the towels, bathroom rug was changed, and I could leave my baggage there after checking out. Definitely a nice place to stay single travelers or couples!

• 14th Apr 2014

Absolutely brilliant! From the moment of booking, we were provided clear instructions from the hostel. Our host met us at the time agreed, welcomed and made us feel at home. It is perfectly located in the old town, which makes a great base for exploring the Barcelona area (we took a train out to Montserrat in the hills outside), but also to enjoy the lively nightlife (dinner/drinks/dancing) with a few short steps back to our beds.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Jandro, the staff was excelent

In the gothic neighbourhood, it's a good hostal, but pretty noisy, although the noise wasn't the problem, but the cold, only a small appliance to heat a big room and the windows didn't close, also, no TV at all, nor breakfast, I think not the best value for money off-season.

Many thanks for the great stay!

• 9th Jan 2014

Apart from the bed not being too comfortable, the apartment was amazing. The private room in it was big and nicely decorated, as was the whole apartment. The kitchen was well equipped, wifi fast, location amazing. the staff was very nice and helpful. Great value for a small price! Loved it.

Great place. Excelent location. Clean and the staff was so heplfull.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Spain

We very much enjoyed our stay... In fact, when we went back to Barcelona, we stayed there again. We also enjoyed the sangria at Milan's across the way

We are two women in our late 30s, we loved staying here while transiting through Barcelona. It was off season while we were there, so I suspect a bit quieter than normal in the hostel. The noise from the streets outside is fine with ear plugs. If you don't want the evening noise of Barcelona, stay in the country, this is life in Spain, enjoy it! Clean place with great beds and duvets. Awesome location, lots of places to eat and shop within minutes, beach about 15 min walk. Highly recommend.

• 1st Nov 2013

Perfect location in the Gothic Barrio of Barcelona and the staff is very friendly! Very cozy and clean. Definitely a great value for the money! Recommended for anyone who wants to stay in near all of the best restaurants and boutique shopping.

• 31st Oct 2013

We had a bad experience at this hostel. 1) Although I had informed them, as they requested, the time I was arriving, I arrived at the hostel at night, which is at a dodgy location, and kept ringing the bell for 15 minutes in the hope someone would be there. They didn't bother to tell me they wouldn't be waiting. 2) There is only 1 bathroom to be shared so not very clean due to the amount of people using it. Water in the shower changed hot/cold out of nowhere. 3) VERY noisy.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Accommodation was in a great location. Would definitely recommend this place.

• 24th Oct 2013