Maple Leaf Guesthouse Reviews

E4, Block E, 12nd Floor, Chung King Mansions, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Excellent location, in the center of the downtown. Quite near the metro station and short distant to Hung Hom Station. Though the room is a little bit small, it is quiet and comfortable.

The hotel is one of many so called hotels in a huge block of concrete. However, it is near the center. It is difficult to reach your lift without beeing annoyed by many twilight persons. I would definitely not recommend any hotel in this block to women travelling alone... I had a single room, which means around 5m² (estimation) including toilet and shower, without window. I felt like in a prison cell .. well, the price seems to be moderate for Hong Kong.

• 4th Apr 2015

Rooms were small (as expected) however they were very clean and served there purpose as we didn't spend much time in them. Location was very convenient, close to the MTR which made it a good base to explore HK.

Very clean but very small. The staff was very friendly and once you get up the elevators and into the hostel its great. The building itself and the walk up to it is a bit sketchy. Awesome location though.

Shortly after checking in, I was told that they had accidentally double-booked my room. I was shuffled out to another guest house two floors down. So that was a bit inconvenient and strange. That said, the room I got was perfectly clean and ideal for my very short (12 hour) stay. The single room was TINY, but perfectly serviceable. Despite its reputation, I never felt unsafe in Chunking Mansions - frankly, I think a lot of its reputation stems from pure racism towards Indians and Africans!

To get to the lift, after walking in the entrance of the Chungking Mansions, walk straight and then right. The E elevator is in the back right of the first floor. The lift on the left will bring you to the 12th floor. The woman at reception was pleasant and friendly. Single room is small. I'm 5'6", but any taller and I would be claustrophobic, especially in the bed. Shower leaked. The sheets and pillowcase smelled weird. Very convenient and cheap place to stay for a few nights.