Maple Leaf Guesthouse Reviews

E4, Block E, 12nd Floor, Chung King Mansions, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

To get to the lift, after walking in the entrance of the Chungking Mansions, walk straight and then right. The E elevator is in the back right of the first floor. The lift on the left will bring you to the 12th floor. The woman at reception was pleasant and friendly. Single room is small. I'm 5'6", but any taller and I would be claustrophobic, especially in the bed. Shower leaked. The sheets and pillowcase smelled weird. Very convenient and cheap place to stay for a few nights.

• 30th Nov 2014

Hostel was clean & functional.It's not a hotel,so don't expect white bedding, white towels & plenty of space to move around. Expect a single bed, shower, toilet, air con or fan, wifi & towel provided. Great place to stay for the price you pay. Receptionist friendly enough. Guys loitering around the entrance are hawkers, they'll call out to get your attention or stare but not unsafe. Take a taxi (5USD) to airport train for early morning flight. K3 bus from Holiday Inn wasn't reliable at 6am.

• 10th Nov 2014

My stay with maple leaf was excellent.

• 7th Aug 2014

Mr. Smith is a very nice person even my flight was delayed, he waited for me. The other day it was supposed that I would pick up my luggages at 6 pm but I picked them up at 7.30 pm. I mean he is always waiting for us, he does his best. I really appreciate. Also the room was very very clean, I mean really clean. Free water and other amenities. Thank you very much Mr. Smith you really saved my weekend.

The hostel is located in the chungking mansion, which is a dodgy area, but well located (near avenue of stars, star pier, night market). As everything in hong kong, the room is tiny but it's enough. It's also clean. The only problem is the check in. You have to let them know in advance when are you going to arrive there or call them when you get there, because the reception is open only in the morning and to receive the guests at the arrival time.

The location of the hostel is in the heart of cultural centre of Kowloon where museums, theatres and promenades are thrives and only 10 minutes away from Hong Kong Central by ferry for HK$3.00. Chungking Mansion is on the bus route to the airport. It's also surrounded by metro stations, convenient stores and restaurants. My single room with private bath, ceiling fan and air condition is surpringly clean and tidy. The fluently english speaking manager is very friendly, helpful and informative

• 29th Jun 2014

I 1st came to HK 5 yrs ago & stayed here. I felt that, although it lacked the ambiance of many ML hostels, the warm & helpful reception the owner gave more than made up for the other deficiencies. Since then, they've upgraded a bit (better AC, etc), but it seems to be under new management, & the reception has degraded. The guy who checked us in was being very difficult. Also didn't have our room ready, even though we arrived 2 hours after we said we would.