Maple Leaf Guesthouse Reviews

E4, Block E, 12nd Floor, Chung King Mansions, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Hostel was clean & functional.It's not a hotel,so don't expect white bedding, white towels & plenty of space to move around. Expect a single bed, shower, toilet, air con or fan, wifi & towel provided. Great place to stay for the price you pay. Receptionist friendly enough. Guys loitering around the entrance are hawkers, they'll call out to get your attention or stare but not unsafe. Take a taxi (5USD) to airport train for early morning flight. K3 bus from Holiday Inn wasn't reliable at 6am.

• 10th Nov 2014

My stay with maple leaf was excellent.

• 7th Aug 2014

Mr. Smith is a very nice person even my flight was delayed, he waited for me. The other day it was supposed that I would pick up my luggages at 6 pm but I picked them up at 7.30 pm. I mean he is always waiting for us, he does his best. I really appreciate. Also the room was very very clean, I mean really clean. Free water and other amenities. Thank you very much Mr. Smith you really saved my weekend.

The hostel is located in the chungking mansion, which is a dodgy area, but well located (near avenue of stars, star pier, night market). As everything in hong kong, the room is tiny but it's enough. It's also clean. The only problem is the check in. You have to let them know in advance when are you going to arrive there or call them when you get there, because the reception is open only in the morning and to receive the guests at the arrival time.

The location of the hostel is in the heart of cultural centre of Kowloon where museums, theatres and promenades are thrives and only 10 minutes away from Hong Kong Central by ferry for HK$3.00. Chungking Mansion is on the bus route to the airport. It's also surrounded by metro stations, convenient stores and restaurants. My single room with private bath, ceiling fan and air condition is surpringly clean and tidy. The fluently english speaking manager is very friendly, helpful and informative

• 29th Jun 2014

I 1st came to HK 5 yrs ago & stayed here. I felt that, although it lacked the ambiance of many ML hostels, the warm & helpful reception the owner gave more than made up for the other deficiencies. Since then, they've upgraded a bit (better AC, etc), but it seems to be under new management, & the reception has degraded. The guy who checked us in was being very difficult. Also didn't have our room ready, even though we arrived 2 hours after we said we would.

Great location in the main shopping district of HK. Rooms are small but clean. Only bad thing is there is only one elevator and can take a long time to arrive or its full, however, still a good place to stay.

Great location,. Rooms very clean and very small but every hotel has small rooms in HK, even the well-known hotel. My friend and I spent one night in Maple Leaf with the room has no window. The room was not quite and you can hear the steps on the corridor clearly and also the sound of closing doors of other rooms. So without window and the noise, the sleep quality is a bit under average. Lisa (owner) is very friendly and speak English very well. Afterall, I think it's a real bargain hostel in HK

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

This hostel appears newly renovated and everything inside the room is in excellent condition. The receptionist and room service staff are very friendly and the room and toilet are very clean. The ground floor entrance of the hostel building (Chungking Mansion) is a bit crowded with shops and people making it confusing to find the lift to reach the hostel receptionist located on the 12th floor of Block E. After getting into the correct lift and onto the 12th Floor, everything was fine.

Spotless rooms but tiny, though as you would expect in HK. If you are tall it may not be a good idea, my husband is 6'5 and could not fit in the bed! Chungking mansions is an institution you have to see. Get past the men offering suits and anything else and straight up in the lift and Maple leaf is very clean with extremely friendly proprietor. Would stay again

private room was so small and right infront of the reception desk and main entrance, other rooms may have been better. location was very convenient and the manager was kind.

Good location,friendly staff,rooms cleaned everyday.im a female traveling alone and I felt safe.

• 22nd May 2014