Maple Leaf Guesthouse Reviews

E4, Block E, 12nd Floor, Chung King Mansions, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room was smaller than our bathroom in Singapore! Although that was a different class altogether. The room was clean but the walk into the room was terrible. Had to walk through a market which meant we were hassled every couple of metres to ask if we wanted accommodation, SIM cards, more SIM cards, hashishe, or a tailored suit! Certainly an experience I will not be repeating! Although it wasn't threatening it was just EXTREMELY annoying!

Excellent location, in the center of the downtown. Quite near the metro station and short distant to Hung Hom Station. Though the room is a little bit small, it is quiet and comfortable.

The hotel is one of many so called hotels in a huge block of concrete. However, it is near the center. It is difficult to reach your lift without beeing annoyed by many twilight persons. I would definitely not recommend any hotel in this block to women travelling alone... I had a single room, which means around 5m² (estimation) including toilet and shower, without window. I felt like in a prison cell .. well, the price seems to be moderate for Hong Kong.

• 4th Apr 2015

Rooms were small (as expected) however they were very clean and served there purpose as we didn't spend much time in them. Location was very convenient, close to the MTR which made it a good base to explore HK.

Very clean but very small. The staff was very friendly and once you get up the elevators and into the hostel its great. The building itself and the walk up to it is a bit sketchy. Awesome location though.

Shortly after checking in, I was told that they had accidentally double-booked my room. I was shuffled out to another guest house two floors down. So that was a bit inconvenient and strange. That said, the room I got was perfectly clean and ideal for my very short (12 hour) stay. The single room was TINY, but perfectly serviceable. Despite its reputation, I never felt unsafe in Chunking Mansions - frankly, I think a lot of its reputation stems from pure racism towards Indians and Africans!