Mar-Mar

9.0
Superb 885 Total Reviews

17th Sep 2017
6.6

Just a simple place to sleep

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2017

Wasn't expecting much but it turned out pretty great!! The spot was super easy without having to climb all the way up the hill (couple of stairs tho so be prepared)and very easy to get to the train station. I thought 14 people would be too many but it actually worked fine with the setup. Always had hot water, breakfast was a crossiant and a coffee, even had a little kitchen for some very basic cooking and a fridge. Nice patio to sit out on also. Would definitely stay here again!!

14th Sep 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Mar Mar. the atmosphere was really relaxed and since it's such a small hostel, you can meet people really easily especially as a solo traveler. The location was great since it was super close to the train. Negatives: upon arriving, one of the bathrooms weren't clean but was later cleaned the next day, and I couldn't use my locker properly. The guy that took me to the hostel wasn't all that nice either, but overall, my stay was good!! I met some nice people there!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2017

Hostel was nice and well located, Marco (?) was really nice and laid back. There are 14 beds and only 2 bathrooms, both with toilet in the same room so can be a bit of a wait but not bad. Need some hand soap in the bathrooms though. It is expensive but it is generally to stay in the Cinque Terre. Such a good spot! Thanks!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2017

Fantastic hostel, hands down the best one we've been to. Very clean and right in the centre of riomaggiore less than 10 minutes walk from the train station. Plus everyone at the hostel had a really friendly and lively mindset so most evenings ended with a chat and some drinks on the balcony of the hostel. Recommend highly.

29th Aug 2017

If you are going to Cinque Terre do yourself a favor and stay here. It is a great location. Riomaggiore is the perfect base for exploring Cinque Terre. It's not as crowded as the other towns. I had a great experience here and I would recommend it over and over again.

29th Aug 2017

Loved my stay at Mar Mar! Such a great time in such a beautiful place and the hostel has a great central location.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Aug 2017
7.4

I had such a hard time finding the place, took me about 15 min of walking around, when I finally asked someone, we had to check in in a bar. The guy that did my check-in was a bit rude. The lockers are really weird and I had two padlock that didn't work, so no way of keeping my stuff safe. There is 2 bathrooms for like 10 people in the flat. The ambiance was nice, I got to make friends really easily, but was not my favorite hostel. Cinque Terre is expensive and this hostel was the cheapest.

• Portugal, All Female Group, 25-30
25th Aug 2017

I went with 3 friends to explore Cinque Terre and I can say that one of the highlights was staying in Mar Mar. The staff was great and with the added bonus of breakfast at Bar O'Netto. We stayed in the 4 beds room and the view to Riomaggiore was great. Everything was clean and even with just 2 bathrooms we never had issues. I'll definitely recommend Mar Mar hostel to everyone :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2017

Loved this place, very spacious room considering the amount of beds. The balcony area was lovely and made it super easy to meet other people as a solo traveller 😊

×