Mar-Mar Reviews

via Malborghetto, 4, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

I get the impression all low end accommodation in Cinque Terre is overpriced, nature of the beast. It's well placed though difficult to find (wasn't aware we had to go to the bar downstairs to check in). Also 'Italian breakfast' means ONE pastry and ONE coffee, don't go for seconds unless you want to pay. WiFi only at the bar, and you feel scummy if you go there without ordering anything. no atmosphere as it's not really a hostel. looks like a harsh score but it just doesn't offer much.

This is basically just an apartment with multiple beds. The kitchen/common room is big and pretty decent, but there is no security other than the lock on the front door, which is a bit of a pain. The beds were comfy and the showers were alright, but it was nothing special. Great location though!

Location was great , staff were helpful, great having the bar downstairs. Lockers wouldve been great, ran out of toilet paper which was annoying

• 22nd Sep 2015

The hostel is situated well and is easy to find. The WiFi could only be used when one is in the bar downstairs and was problematic at best. Rooms cannot be locked only the apartment door. The accommodation is a bit spartan but great place if you just want to fall in bed after a day of heavy hiking. Close to supermarket and train station. (but then again everything is)

Loved our stay there! Was able to meet so many people because of the size and location of the hostel. Easy to find, with check in at Bar Onetto.

• 18th Sep 2015

Soon as you come out of the tunnel from the station it is on your left just up a little. Very close. Had to climb a few stairs to get to my room but nothing major. Room was fine all single beds no bunks which is awesome. Saw the cleaning lady every day so bathroom was always clean :) it is a small hostel and definitely not a party hostel but was fine!

After finding it, Mar mar was perfect for me. It's not really a hostel but an apartment with a bunch of rooms. I came at the end of the season so there weren't too many people and I ended up having a room to myself. Each bed has an outlet, the bathroom was always clean, the kitchen was great and well equipped, just no lockers. We had fun playing a cards and eating dinner together. Not far at all from the train station. Definitely recommend!!

The place had no wifi which proved to be problematic since there wasn't much wifi to be found nearby either, so don't stay here if you need wifi access. The staff was nice and breakfast (hot drink and pastry) was included. Next time I'd probably stay in either Montorosso or Vernazza or Levanto instead of Riomaggiore which is quite small. I ended up taking the train a lot back and forth. There was also no lockers in case you want to store any valuables.

Great location but there were no lockers to keep my things safe. Also, Wifi was only available down in the lobby/bar which was very inconvenient. Overall nice place, but I will probably look for somewhere else next time.

No staff to note, only a bar staff that knows nothing, such as why I got overcharged. Wifi only in that bar, which is 100 m up the road. The place was clean..

I like the man who owns it - he is nice and relaxed. The place is exactly what you need. A bed, clean and easy too stay to view all the towns and explore. I was travelling alone and met great people at the hostel.

I would definitely stay at mar mar again. The staff were friendly and the rooms were nice. There was a kitchen and dining room, three rooms and a bathroom, although the door didn't lock. We did have trouble with locking out front door if no one else was inside however but if the lock was tightened it would be fixed and fine. Very very good location, close to everything and had everything you need. However I was confused about breakfast included as I never received it.

A great open area to relax and enjoy your time with a good view! I found the faculties very clean and overall the staff were very accomodating and I would definitely recommend to anyone who is travelling!

• 23rd Aug 2015