Mar e Iguana Hostel Reviews

Playa Ismito, Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro, Panama

I was hardly at the hostel to write a review regarding atmosphere, but the beds were definately comfortable and A/C in the room made it that much better. I had no problem with the noise as many reviews state.

I had great time at the Mar e Iguana, it has a good vibe, I met good people and the staff is very friendly, my room was clean, the best is the tower with the hammocks with the nice breeze from the sea. I certainly be back to Mar e Iguana. It would be great if guests could hire bikes at the hostel.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Chile

I picked it for the price, but I wish I had chosen somewhere closer to town and not right next to a loud bar that partied till 3 am. In all fairness, the hostel staff said they have tried to get the police to stop the noise code violations for their guests, and because they live there. The rooms were open enough that a lot of mosquitoes ended up in them. I tend to get bitten, so I slept in bug spray. The staff are sweet though, and they held my valuables while I went on a snorkeling tour.

We are located in a quiet area just 2 km from the main road in front of the beach, there is a bar and is VERY rare that they play loud music, it must be some exeptional occasion. We are sorry that happen just the night you were stay with us...

This hostel is quite far away from town, a good 15 min walk, which is quite annoying if you want to go out for a couple of drinks in town. Staff is super friendly and helpful though and the place is quite nice. Stayed in a dorm with AC and have no complaints. Shower is only cold water though, and again, it is a long walk to town. Would try to stay closer to Bocas Town next time

This hostel is 15 minutes on foot away from the town-center. Some restaurants and a super-market are close by. The place is clean and the bar/restaurant is a cool place to hang around. The staff is very nice and forthcoming. The dorm is small but has enough space for your luggage and as a/c! Wifi is fast and But, on Friday and Saturday-night the place next door is very noisy till late (earplugs). The only sink for people in the dorm is outside. If it rains your brushing your teeth in the rain.

Great vibe....All the staff were really helpful, the hostal has a really nice garden and the beach across the street is ok. They are located in a quiet area just a short 15 min walk to town. The dorm room is quite small but confortable and clean. They offer good tours around the islands and help me with a lot of infos... Definitely recommend...

• 21st Jul 2015

When I arrived, had to request them to clean off the air con, was covered with several months worth of dust and dirt. There was NO hook in the bathroom to hang up a towel, or washcloth, NO surface to store toiletries. They did bring me a chair and a stool on which to place my laptop, NO place to put my suitcase, other than the floor. Large gaps in the walls, windows. Very noisy at night, loud music till late. Should provide cleaning daily, other hostels do...

View all Bocas del Toro Hostels