Mar e Iguana Hostel Reviews

Playa Ismito, Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro, Panama

Great hostel on the end of town but near some really nice beaches. The staff accommodated us because we had an early plane to catch

• 15th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great Atmosphere. Tours run by the hostel were great!

Overall, just very dirty and the mosquitos are so bad.

• 29th Dec 2015

There were no lockers or any form of security. The doors didn't lock properly on the dorm rooms. The staff were polite but not very friendly. There was no atmosphere and it was the perfect place to chill if you like mosquito bites.

I was hardly at the hostel to write a review regarding atmosphere, but the beds were definately comfortable and A/C in the room made it that much better. I had no problem with the noise as many reviews state.

I had great time at the Mar e Iguana, it has a good vibe, I met good people and the staff is very friendly, my room was clean, the best is the tower with the hammocks with the nice breeze from the sea. I certainly be back to Mar e Iguana. It would be great if guests could hire bikes at the hostel.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Chile

I picked it for the price, but I wish I had chosen somewhere closer to town and not right next to a loud bar that partied till 3 am. In all fairness, the hostel staff said they have tried to get the police to stop the noise code violations for their guests, and because they live there. The rooms were open enough that a lot of mosquitoes ended up in them. I tend to get bitten, so I slept in bug spray. The staff are sweet though, and they held my valuables while I went on a snorkeling tour.

We are located in a quiet area just 2 km from the main road in front of the beach, there is a bar and is VERY rare that they play loud music, it must be some exeptional occasion. We are sorry that happen just the night you were stay with us...

View all Bocas del Toro Hostels