Marcelina Guesthouse Reviews

Via Milazzo n.23, Rome, Italy

Nice large clean room. Comfortable bed. Nice quiet guesthouse with only 3 rooms in total, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen for cooking. Good breakfast with fresh croissants. It's very close to the main train station and supermarket which is very handy. The host was very friendly but couldn't speak English so communicating was a little tricky but we somehow managed with our broken Italian and her broken English.

It took me one night to pick out and book this hostel, it worth that. It is really clean, and marcelina provided us the big room. communication was a little problematic, but anyway we could understand mostly. nice place

• 5th Jul 2014
  • China

Although it was a bit hard to find, because there were no big signs or anything, once we did, everything was real good. The lady that hosted us barely spoke English, but still she was very welcoming and friendly. It was well fresh furnished and you get a good espresso for breakfast. In general breakfast was satisfying. It is just next to Termini station, which is very comfy to come and leave and all the main attractions are also easy to reach by foot. All in all, very pleasurable stay.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Joanna and Jason were very friendly and helpful. Joanna didn't speak much English, but she tried, and I had fun pitting my little Italian with her! The place is extremely clean. Not just the rooms, but the bathroom and toilet as well. Top notch cleanliness. Had better breakfast than most of the places I stayed. It is located a short five minute walk away from Termini station, very convenient. Colloseum is two stops away, and everything else is pretty much in walking distance from there.

The hostel is just a few steps from the central train station and all major sights are easily reachable. There are many restaurants close by and lots of opportunities to get groceries. The breakfast of the hostel was nice and there was enough for everyone. A negative aspect was, that there was no WiFi for more than half our stay.

Very nice B&B a 2 blocks away from train station. Breakfast is early but home-made by the family who owns it. Great place to stay if you have an idea of what you want to do while in Rome.

The location was great, very easy to find from the termini station and near all the major attractions. Staff was very friendly and facilities were all very new. Very nice and homely environment

This hostel was a great surprise: it's quite close (by foot!) to the Termini train station if you take the left exit, well served and secuirity is best, since it's right in front of the police station. The hostel in located on the first floor of a big building, it's like a big apartment turned into a small hostel, therefore you feel like you're a guest in someone's house. Location and cleanliness is neat, security top-notch. A must-stay if you look for a cheap (yet awesome) accomodation in Rome.

Very centrally located - just two minutes walk to Termini so you can get a bus or metro anywhere you need. Room was reasonably sized and had space to put your things and a table to use. Breakfast each morning was fair - a drink and a pastry, which is standard for Italy. Staff were helpful at all times. Wi-Fi didn't work well in our room (at the end of the corridor) but worked okay in other rooms I believe. Two bathrooms for three rooms meant there was never a wait. Recommended.

Highly recommend staying here. Close to termini and safe and cheap.

Marcelina was a really nice place to stay. It is three blocks from Termini and everything was very clean. The area isn't the nicest, but by no means is it bad. It was about a 15minute walk to the Coloseum and I really enjoyed my stay. To me, the most important thing is cleanliness. This place was really clean and spacious. I would absolutely stay there again, in fact I tried but they were booked!

Rome was itself an incredibly beauitiful city. Maecelina Guesthouse made our stay easier because it was so comfortable, very clean, and its location was so central,close to Termini. We coul easily walk every place we want to see and get trains, metro, and buses quickly. Thanks for the nice couple for their hospitality.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

When you arrive it is difficult to contact the location and let them know you are there. We ended up waiting outside the property until a staff member, who spoke very little English, arrived. Having said that once we checked in this place was a dream! Only a 15-20 minute walk from the Colosseum, directly beside Termini Station, very clean, large room, nice staff, easy check out. The breakfast was light, but hey, for the price I'm not complaining. I would recommend this property.

Had a great couple of nights here. It was very easy to find and just a couple of minutes walk from the train station which was perfect for us. It was also possible to walk to all the main sites in Rome from the B&B which was great. Our room and bathroom were very clean. This place was very accommodating and allowed us to leave our bags after check out as our train didn't depart Rome until the evening. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

lovely, clean quiet place. welcoming staff.

Un B&B très sympa, je vous le recommande: très bon emplacement (3 min de la gare Termini et des restos tout autour), personnel acceuillant, propre, pas cher, mobilier neuf, bon confort. A great B&B with several pros: well established (3 min from Termini and restaurants in its surroundings), staff very kind, clean, new furniture and all confort. Un super B&B con muchas cosas buenas: bien ubicado (3 min de Termini y restaurants), personal muy agradable, limpio, nuevo y con confortable.

Marcelina Guesthouse was great! Everything you need for a comfortable holiday. They are 100m from the main train/bus station which is great to go anywhere in the city, and upon arrival they showed us how to get around to all the things we wanted to stay. It was so good having a full kitchen to use. The place was cleaned everyday, and at midnight my girlfriend lost her necklace down the sink, they dismantled the pipes and got it back even at that time of night! Will definitely be coming back!

Very friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Short walk from the main train station and near a supermarket which was also very handy. Breakfast could have been a little better - only biscuits and jam - but other than that, a very enjoyable stay.

I really enjoyed my time at Marcelina's. Everything was perfect. The breakfast was delicious, home made croassaint, the best I've ever eaten. I really would come back at this B

• 5th Jul 2013

The manager didn't speak english BUT she was so cute and very willing to help! It was a great place!

• 3rd Jul 2013