Marco Polo Top Hostel Reviews

Nyar Utca. 6, 1072 Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

The only thing that I didn't like was it was too noisy a day. At 6am a group of young people arrived the hostel, just the following room at mine.I don't know if they did the checkin that day o maybe they had been on a party, but they were really exiciting, shouting and having bad behaviour. I had to go their room to say them that They were not alone and keep silent please.

This was a very nice hostel, almost like a hotel. But the wifi only worked in the reception.

Marco Polo was a relaxed a quiet hostel. I really enjoyed it bar the fact the staff were extremely unhelpful.

• 18th Jul 2014

Inter-railer here! The rooms are so clean and modern. While I thought there was no atmosphere, this didn't matter because we hung out at Grandio Party Hostel which is a 30 second walk away. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to any type of traveller, young, old, or if you wanted a good nights sleep. It's right around the corner from a street that has loads of cheap but good food and the bar that won 3rd best bar in Europe in 2012 as well as loads of other bars that are great spots.

Nice 12 bed dorm where the bunk beds are separated by curtains which is a great privacy feature Lockable lockers are good for security Clean bathroom Quiet area Not the best location in the direct area but only a short walk from the center of Budapest

We didn't really like our stay here. The staff were friendly enough, but not always that helpful. It said that there would be a kitchen, and there was - we just couldn't use it. The washing powder was suppose to be free, and it was - the first two times, the next two times we paid 2x300 HUF for it. Also the atmosphere - non existing. We stayed at a 12-bed dorm, and never talked to any of the people there. that might be because it was men 40+ who'd snore so freaking loud, that we couldnt sleep

- private room is comfortable - breakfast is poor, - location is good in the historical center

The location was fantastic! It's a 10 minute walk from e main tourist district, but the area is awesome with great bars and places to eat and drink. It's located next to a nightclub so there is a bit of noise till the early hours but if you get a room away from the main street this wouldn't be a problem. The rooms were clean, the shower was a bit small and there was no clip for the shower head. Beds are really really comfortable. I would recommend this place and stay here again.

• 8th May 2014