Marco Polo Reviews

1st Floor, 236 Padungan Road, Kuching, Malaysia

Amazing hostel. Friendly, helpful staff, very social atmosphere, clean and attractive decor.

Initially I was going to stay at Marco Polo for a couple of nights and I ended up staying much longer. The owners are genuinely nice and were always very helpful and knowledgeable about kuching. The common area is enjoyable. The breakfast was always very good. The location is good enough. It's a little bit remote from the city center (15 min walk) but I didn't see it as a problem. There are a lot of dining option near the hotel, also an olympic swimming pool just nearby.

Overall I had a really nice stay, but I think the place could use a sprucing up cosmetically. It's a shame about the back-door entrance near the restaurant's kitchen, and honestly I found the other end of town much nicer. However, with this said, this was the first hostel on my 3-week trip where I found the guests and staff all interacting on the patio with one another, the way hostels used to be before wi-fi (to be clear, there is a good wifi signal here, too!) I have very fond memories here.

Staff were very helpful and the provided breakfasts were wholesome and delicious.

Marco Polo is one of the loveliest hostels I've stayed in, the owners are so friendly and welcoming, it's super clean and comfortable and it's in a great location for seeing kuching! I'd advise everyone to stay there! Thankyou Sam and georgette!

Sam and Jane are the most wonderful hosts, I felt like I was part if their family! The hostel is clean, beds are comfortable and Jane makes lovely (and different) breakfasts every day. Would go back in a heartbeat!

The entrance to Marco Polo was a bit daunting, however, the inside is amazing! our room was large and well appointed with window overlooking the main road. The whole hostel is newly decorated and is kept spotlessly clean. The atmosphere is friendly and Sam, our Host, a mine of information. We have already recommended this place to our friends and have no hesitation in recommending Marco Polo to any travellor especially those of the older age bracket, like us. n