Marcos Rooms Reviews

Oia-Santorini, Santorini, Greece

Not clean, towels are threadbare, wifi is poor except in one spot. Fridge is not in the room but in a common area and very old, dirty and door doesn't close properly.

Rooms and bathroom were never cleaned and it felt very unhygienic. Only old towels were supplied which should have thrown out ten years ago. The rooms had no air con so at least fans could have been supplied in the rooms. Location was good.

This place was awesome. I loved the simplistic style of the rooms. They had a minimalist feel, but I loved it. It's bright and airy, and it's in an AMAZING location, especially for the price. The owner was so, so nice, too. When we arrived a little before sunset, he offered us coffee or juice and asked us to go enjoy the sunset from a table on the roof, and he'd wait for us to check in after that. He and his wife were so wonderful. Great place.

The location is really good. For any travelers visit Chania for the first time, it would be helpful provided with a map or route instruction.

Thank you so much for having us! We were so grateful to be able to choose our rooms and felt very safe and very welcome. It was truly a pleasure and we highly recommend marcos rooms. Thank you

• 9th May 2014

The owner was very sweet and helpful, free tea/coffee/soft drinks provided throughout the day. the bed linen was clean, but the series of extension wires and the use of table lamps in one of the upstairs bathrooms makes at least that bathroom a health hazard. The bathroom upstairs were terrible and could do with modernising. The WIFI is intermittently available upstairs, but works well downstairs. As I was a single person and paying for two, it wasn't value for money.

• 25th Apr 2014

I really had a good time there! I have to say that the attention that i received was pleasant The hostel is located, in my opinion, in one of the most beautiful places of the island and also in a village that is really worth it to visit. the hostel has a great breakfast which can be enough, at least for me, for several hours without eating again. nothing to complain!