Margareten Hostel Reviews

Siebenbrunnengasse 69, Vienna, Austria

Worst hostel that I ever stayed in Only old hungarian people and unfriendly stuff The room was only half done and the 20€ key deposit is a joke I visited 3rd world countries that had better living conditions

Worst hostel I've been in. It wasn't supposed to be one. Half done walls with curtains, holes on the ceiling, only immigrants are living there, and up to 50+ years. Key deposit way to expensive, 20€. It's bad.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

The receptionist shouted at us for disturbing her by checking in. The place seems to be host to immigrants who are living there and I awoke to three of them stood over my bed watching me at 3am, unsettling to say the least. You also have to pay £20 deposit for the key and the receptionist isnt there in the morning to give it back so try to give them a drivers license like we did because the woman's daughter will wake up to give it back to you. The night was okay, just for a stop over though.

This hostel was not what I had expected! Don't get me wrong, the staff was very friendly, but everyone was +50 years old in the hostel and only spoke Hungarian. They all seemed like they lived there with their families while they worked in the city. It was like coming in to someone's home. I stayed in a room where an older couple lived and had their little corner office. Not a place to meet other travellers, but fine if you just need a cheap bed to crash in. The people there are nice and polite.

I cancelled my stay when I arrived because I didn't like the place. When I told the lady at the reception that I would like to cancel, she got mad at me an called me an idiot. That has to be the worst service I have ever had. Good luck with your hostel.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Decent location near the Matzleindorferplatz station (15 min walk). The lady at the desk was nice enough to wake up at 12 am to let me in. Regarding the hostel facilities, not the best but for 15 euros it was alright to sleep for one night. No lockers so I had to keep my backpack on my bed. The springbeds werent the most comfortable. Bathroom was small but okay. Overall its a perfect low cost place to crash for a night or two. But wouldnt really spend more than that.

* Very dirty bedroom * dirty and smelly kitchen * unfriendly and unprofessional staff *They weren't available to provide towels to all the guest, not having enough for all. *uncomfortable atmosphere I don't recommend this Hostel at all!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Georgia

A hostel is just about having a bed and maybe a shower, but the attraction to this place when reserving was in the locked boxes. When we got there, we couldn't get in (we were on time to check-in) then there was no one at the counter and we had the same issue when checking out. The lock box was also broken when defeated the purpose of choosing this hostel. They also didn't agree with the fact that we had payed a deposit, but that's just 5€ so we didn't argue. All in all, it's a bed.

This is by far the worst hostel i have stayed at during my euro trip. the "free internet" is slower than dial up i couldn't even load facebook, i had to go to McDonalds to get reliable internet. You can plainly tell that 80% of the "guests" are permanent residents that are completely rude and stare at you like your the creepy one. The showers smell like mold, the walls for the rooms are only about half way to the ceiling, and the location is horrible.

It was one of the worst hostel experiences, if not the worst I have ever had. The dorm that we in seemed to have permanent living tenants in there, the door did not lock, the desk had awful reception and poor English. I would not stay here ever again

• 25th Jun 2015