Margareten Hostel Reviews

Siebenbrunnengasse 69, Vienna, Austria

Okay I normally don't write comments due to lack of internet and time however, I do really want to write this. I really hate the Hostel and hate the woman. She didn't give my key deposit 20 euros back. It was 11 am check out so I was waiting but she wasn't there from 10:30 and absent till 3pm. I was waiting for 3 hours and couldn't find her. I got her kid to call and she never even said a word of apologize and rather said "wait for me wait for me" WTF? I couldn't wait. Had to catch my bus.

It was really dark in hall and room, and linens were not clean. The bathroom with the doushe were really small and here was no place for dry closes. I had to wait for reseption many times and here was no phone number to call. I was in many cheap hostels, but this hostel was the worst.

It a place were all people live

I would not recommend this hostel to anyone. I felt uncomfortable here. The 6 bed dorm that I stayed in smelt terrible. The room was simply enclosed by a newly built wall, and I felt as though anyone could break into the room at anytime. At 7:30 a.m. the hostel staff allowed a child to watch cartoons on TV at full volume. This woke me up, and I was unable to go back to sleep. I was also not sure that the bed linens were freshly cleaned. Stay away from this hostel!

• 25th Apr 2015

Position&the willing-to-help of the people are really good but I have to warn you that,when I came(aprile 2015),it was "working in progress".As a quite-new-hostel they still have to fix some stuff.rooms&the hostel itself are a bit small but not so bad if u don't have to stay there longer.Only showers,no sinks.no kitchen. I don't think it's adapt if u are travelling alone and u want to meet people. They can speak english but few german but u will be able to communicate in somehow.just be patient

The Hostel want 3 € more extra charge when you stay only one night when you arrive there There are longtime guests very suspect people sleeping on the couch in the sitting room The Bathromms are dirty longtime guests are loud in the night dont care about the others

Towel service is written but there is no service. Hostel seems dark and unreliable. Staff does not know English.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Hungarian family in the public room, not enough showers for all the guests.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's a good place

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

It was the worst hostel in the world! Awfull! Dirty, if You would see showers.... oh my God. No internet, no place to sit, not really safe - full of Serban workers, who would try to pick me up in disgusting way. I was the only one non-serbian guest and a girl. It was scary, totally not woth staying there. Awfull.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

The hostel is cheap. Don't expect much of it. The are renovating the property so maybe in the future it will be better. In the daytime you will hear the noise of the renovating process. In my case people were lying in beds which they don't belong. I had a room for six persons, but there were seven, so people were starting to argue in the middle of the night who would sleep in the right bed. The facilities in the hostel were poor.