Margareten Hostel Reviews

Siebenbrunnengasse 69, Vienna, Austria

The receptionist shouted at us for disturbing her by checking in. The place seems to be host to immigrants who are living there and I awoke to three of them stood over my bed watching me at 3am, unsettling to say the least. You also have to pay £20 deposit for the key and the receptionist isnt there in the morning to give it back so try to give them a drivers license like we did because the woman's daughter will wake up to give it back to you. The night was okay, just for a stop over though.

This hostel was not what I had expected! Don't get me wrong, the staff was very friendly, but everyone was +50 years old in the hostel and only spoke Hungarian. They all seemed like they lived there with their families while they worked in the city. It was like coming in to someone's home. I stayed in a room where an older couple lived and had their little corner office. Not a place to meet other travellers, but fine if you just need a cheap bed to crash in. The people there are nice and polite.

I cancelled my stay when I arrived because I didn't like the place. When I told the lady at the reception that I would like to cancel, she got mad at me an called me an idiot. That has to be the worst service I have ever had. Good luck with your hostel.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Decent location near the Matzleindorferplatz station (15 min walk). The lady at the desk was nice enough to wake up at 12 am to let me in. Regarding the hostel facilities, not the best but for 15 euros it was alright to sleep for one night. No lockers so I had to keep my backpack on my bed. The springbeds werent the most comfortable. Bathroom was small but okay. Overall its a perfect low cost place to crash for a night or two. But wouldnt really spend more than that.

* Very dirty bedroom * dirty and smelly kitchen * unfriendly and unprofessional staff *They weren't available to provide towels to all the guest, not having enough for all. *uncomfortable atmosphere I don't recommend this Hostel at all!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Georgia

A hostel is just about having a bed and maybe a shower, but the attraction to this place when reserving was in the locked boxes. When we got there, we couldn't get in (we were on time to check-in) then there was no one at the counter and we had the same issue when checking out. The lock box was also broken when defeated the purpose of choosing this hostel. They also didn't agree with the fact that we had payed a deposit, but that's just 5€ so we didn't argue. All in all, it's a bed.

This is by far the worst hostel i have stayed at during my euro trip. the "free internet" is slower than dial up i couldn't even load facebook, i had to go to McDonalds to get reliable internet. You can plainly tell that 80% of the "guests" are permanent residents that are completely rude and stare at you like your the creepy one. The showers smell like mold, the walls for the rooms are only about half way to the ceiling, and the location is horrible.

It was one of the worst hostel experiences, if not the worst I have ever had. The dorm that we in seemed to have permanent living tenants in there, the door did not lock, the desk had awful reception and poor English. I would not stay here ever again

• 25th Jun 2015

Firstly, I was so scared because I read all the reviews and they are so bad... but, when I arrive at the hostel, the recepcionist speaks english and he helped me to find a bank near the hostel. I payed for a 8 bed dorm and I slept in a 6 bed dorm (so nice and we are all girls). The next morning, I woke up and the recepcionist wasn't there but I could do my check-out with the cleaner woman and also she gave the 20€ for the key deposit and I could leave there my bag.

• 26th May 2015
  • Spain

Okay I normally don't write comments due to lack of internet and time however, I do really want to write this. I really hate the Hostel and hate the woman. She didn't give my key deposit 20 euros back. It was 11 am check out so I was waiting but she wasn't there from 10:30 and absent till 3pm. I was waiting for 3 hours and couldn't find her. I got her kid to call and she never even said a word of apologize and rather said "wait for me wait for me" WTF? I couldn't wait. Had to catch my bus.

It was really dark in hall and room, and linens were not clean. The bathroom with the doushe were really small and here was no place for dry closes. I had to wait for reseption many times and here was no phone number to call. I was in many cheap hostels, but this hostel was the worst.

It a place were all people live

I would not recommend this hostel to anyone. I felt uncomfortable here. The 6 bed dorm that I stayed in smelt terrible. The room was simply enclosed by a newly built wall, and I felt as though anyone could break into the room at anytime. At 7:30 a.m. the hostel staff allowed a child to watch cartoons on TV at full volume. This woke me up, and I was unable to go back to sleep. I was also not sure that the bed linens were freshly cleaned. Stay away from this hostel!

• 25th Apr 2015

Position&the willing-to-help of the people are really good but I have to warn you that,when I came(aprile 2015),it was "working in progress".As a quite-new-hostel they still have to fix some stuff.rooms&the hostel itself are a bit small but not so bad if u don't have to stay there longer.Only showers,no sinks.no kitchen. I don't think it's adapt if u are travelling alone and u want to meet people. They can speak english but few german but u will be able to communicate in somehow.just be patient

The Hostel want 3 € more extra charge when you stay only one night when you arrive there There are longtime guests very suspect people sleeping on the couch in the sitting room The Bathromms are dirty longtime guests are loud in the night dont care about the others

Towel service is written but there is no service. Hostel seems dark and unreliable. Staff does not know English.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Hungarian family in the public room, not enough showers for all the guests.

• 27th Mar 2015