Margareten Hostel Reviews

Siebenbrunnengasse 69, Vienna, Austria

There is a lot of weird people living there, The rooms suck. The service is not good.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Spain

This appears to be more like a halfway house than a hostel. there's people sleeping on the sofas, the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling. not really full of travelers, more like drunk old Russian men. The kitchen smelt like old meat and you had to go outside and into another house for it. The place had potential but just wasn't used. also pretty sure they don't change/wash the bedding. They just refolded the duvet to look like they had.

What a horror day ! We arrived the hostel with my friend. Reception wanted 3 euro more. If we stay only 1 night, they would have to take this money. We objected. After boss of hostel call us and we deal. but we wait half hour to come boss. On the other hand, rooms very bad there isnt socket near the beds. There are lot of different people.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

We have been traveling for a while and have stayed in hostels with bad reviews but thought this one was relatively cheap so we'd give it a go... No sooner had we handed over our money, we want leave! The staff were not interested in anything, it smelt and the lights at night didn't work. There is a kitchen in the basement but we didn't feel an overwhelming urge to cook good in there or use the utensils provided. I was also the only girl there and felt very unconfirmtable most of the time.

The kitvhen was very very dirty and smelly The rooms were okay but a bit small The place was full of very old and creepy Arabs Hungarian and Turks

• 18th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice staff, I didn't feel like in a hostel, didn't see any young people but good for the money we pay

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

very poor hostel. not recommended

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

Please improve cleanliness of the dorms.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • India

The tenants there probably all have longterm stay in the hostel. I was like a invader of no impertinence. I couldnt even use my ipad glow in the dark to find my stuffs on the bed at night. Speaking in low volume in the building at night there is like a crime considering that the tenants would sniff at you with very rude words for every little change that you might bring them . Facility is terrible as other reviews show and the cleaniness is beyond words terribly managed. Terrible hostl

When i checked in i was assigned a bed in a 8 bed dorm with baggage all over the floor and food everywhere . These where people who stay there while working in Vienna i suppose . I ws than given a bed in another 8-bed dorm which seemed more for travellers . Both dormrooms have walls to another room which don't go up all the way.. People cooked and talked in the front room with the light on after 10 pm.. One told me this goes on until late at night . I left and didn't get a refund

• 1st May 2014