Margouya Patagonia Reviews

Purisima 681, Puerto Varas, Chile

Wonderful experience! Awesome staff, great excursions offered at a reasonable price and phenomenal location. I would live here year around if I could.

• 18th Jan 2016

I stayed in the second home of the hostel. It seems very new. It's spacious and really pretty with a great kitchen, living room and backyard. My only complaint was that the staff wasn't always available. I could never tell if the staff was someone working or staying at the hostel because they were always socializing or not around

This is our favourite hostel so far on our trip! Hostel felt really homely as it is family run. There is lots of information on tours and where to go next and we did the volcano tour run by the owner which was great. Common areas are cosy and warm and hostel is located close to town. Would have happily spend more time there.

We were placed in another building a block away which appeared to be a brand new hostel as it smelled like fresh paint. Anyways, the secondary building was spacious and clean. Very comfy beds and great lockers that fit your large backpacks. Wifi worked great. Very new and spacious kitchen. Overall a great hostel but the staff were fairly shy and in my opinion I was very pleased to be staying in the secondary hostel. Oh yea...there was a great backyard!

One of the best hostels we stayed at. The place is a must stay. it is very spacious and has a lot of character. Staff are well organised and knowledgeable on things to do and places to go to for a nice meal etc. Organised excursions are excellent. Friendly atmosphere and lots of nice facilities. We felt very welcomed as soon as we arrived and really felt at home.

Just a 10' walk away from the centre, this hostel offers clean rooms and decent facilities. Dorm was spacious, beds comfortable and the lockers big enough for a big backpack. The kitchen wis well equipped and the shower has good water-pressure and hot-water. I've only found don bath-room which sometimes leads to a cue. Wifi is fast and stable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Decent place for a few days.

Everything has character! A few instructions on how to get the hot water in the showers maybe (I had no problems, but it took a bit of adjusting)

Can't recommend this hotel enough! I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this is one of my favourites.... The atmosphere was really buzzing- it's very social and everyone seems to immediately make friends. The owner hangs out with all the guests and due to the set up of the common area, it's really easy for everyone to mix together and get to know one another. The place feels like an old colonial building and is just a few mins walk from town and all the amenities. Best hostel in town!

Breakfast not included and they only took cash. Nice, helpful staff and pleant of bathrooms. Good location

I really loved my stay in this hostel! The rooms were huge so I didn't feel cramped in my shared dorm like I normally do in hostels. Each dorm room has its own bathroom too! The hostel is located really close to the center of town and all the bus terminals. I highly recommend this hostel!

This is a lovely hostel. Rooms spacious, warm and clean. Hot water in showers. Big kitchen and living room. Staff were helpful getting us accommodation on a night there was none available at this place. Great place to stay in Puerto varas. The wifi was a bit sketchy in our room on the ground floor but still worked most of the time.

Great place to stay

• 26th Nov 2015

The personnel is very kind, the owner is an amazing person. Also, it is very well located, near from the center of Puerto Varas and the atmosphere of the hostal is according to the South of Chile. I recommend it all the time

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Costa Rica

Simply marvellous hostel! We had the greatest time there. I believe this was our favourite hostel out of all the ones we've been to when travelling. It is very clean, has friendly personnel, a great atmosphere with the other travellers, and you just feel at home:) the only little thing I would like to point out is the fact that the showers aren't always hot, even when they are hot they will fluctuate from hot to cold while you're showering which is not the best :/ but other than that, amazing:)

great staff and hostel. best i have been to. tell them dr john sent you :-)

• 3rd Nov 2015

Awesome place, spotless clean. Excellent full kitchen and plenty of tours available from reception. The beds are very comfortable and the hostel is only 2 blocks from 2 supermarkets, the bus terminal and town centre. The staff should try become more familiar with the transport network available for tourists. It doesn't take much to print off bus/ferry schedules which is super useful info to have at hand. Other than that this place is fantastic and reasonable value in an otherwise expensive area.

A very good hostel in a beautiful location. I would definitely recommend to anyone!

One of the best I've stayed in in Chile. Nice town, nice staff, great facilities and good vibes.

Comfy cozy hostel, just a couple minutes walk from the center which was perfect. Stayed here six nights in a quiet, private room upstairs and couldn't have been happier with the value for the price.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Extremelly friendly staff, great atmosphere, a very cozy hostel that made my stay in Puerto Varas all the better. Pierre, the Hostel's owner even took us on a special road trip to the Osorno Volcano and other beautiful places around! Definatelly need to go back!

View all Puerto Varas Hostels