Margouya Patagonia Reviews

Purisima 681, Puerto Varas, Chile

Very nice place. Feels like a log cabin with friendly and informative owners. Rooms were nice. Two negatives: because of the old wood the doors and floors creak quite loudly so you can hear people at night walking around, and second the bathrooms could use an update (broken shower heads)

This is my favorite hostel ever. Large, welcoming rooms, cozy living room, well equipped kitchen and... Best of all...a great staff. You get a discount voucher to a local place that provides real coffee, a treat in South America!

Was a great hostel. It felt like a home away from home. Was a great hostel to just relax in and even take a day off travel. Just sit around and watch movies. The beds are so comfortable too.

I would describe this as a busy but comfortable hostel due to the spacious rooms. The staff are really friendly and helpful and always on hand to ask for anything. The kitchen is a good size and well equipped for cooking. Great wifi everywhere too plus a couple of new computers to use if you need to.

The staff are excellent. They trait you like a family with respect and attention! The location are good, next to the center of Puerto Varas. The atmosphere is excellent with a good social area and good kitchen! It was a really good experience.

We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. There are at least 3 bathrooms, which is good for the size. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Great kitchen and dining area. The atmosphere was good. They give you a 40% off coupon for breakfast at a café nearby. I would not recommend their bike ride to Frutillar though unless you're an experienced cyclist (and watch out for cars!). It was really difficult, even for my husband who is in great shape! Great hostel, I def recommend!

Clean, spacious and close to the center. Very friendly staff.

• 9th Jan 2015

Fully stocked kitchen, good wifi, nice atmosphere. Lots of room in the rooms (not cramped) and nice beds. Staff though was not too friendly and when checking in did not give a tour but did for others, then at check out girl wanted to ignore me while she talked to a new customer about bicycle options, even customer thought this was rude and stopped the receptionist to let me check out.

Really nice hostel for a good price! The rooms are clean and offer enough space instead of squeezing another bunk bed in you have tables and chairs which creates a really chilled atmosphere. I unfortunately only stayed for one night but I would without a doubt recommend it to anyone staying in Puerto Varas!

One of the best hostels I have stayed so far.

• 4th Jan 2015

We had an excellent stay here. We're particularly grateful for the fine cookout on New Year's eve and for the kind and attentive staff.

I was traveling with some friends and the hostel staff received us very well, makes me feel like home. Pierre, the hostel owner, helped us every time that we've needed. I just have to say thanks for everything, this hostel is part of a unforgettable moment of my life.

This is a very cozy place. Wooden floors, fireplace, a good kitchen and a comfortable living room, good internet, good advise on where to go and what to do and most of all an excellent atmosphere! Recommended!

Excellent hostel! Great social atmosphere in the kitchen and living room areas. The staff were helpful and generous always. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm and there was heaps of space, comfy beds and big lockers and shelves. Would absolutely recommend this hostel for both groups and couples. Definitely do the canyoning that the hostel organises.

Cute hostel and building that has a lot of potential but could do with some redecorating or reorganising.... needs some love. Upstairs area could easily have a couple chairs or beanbags for somewhere else to chill out. Downstairs is kind of haphazard. Kitchen is really nice and it is in a great location.

Good hostel, came recommended cannot fault

After stayed in too many hostels of the many countries, more then 35.. I can say One of the best places. I recomended.. It's like home more than home :), very helpful people.. cozy, comfortable.. Superp place.

The hostel is great and I definately would recommend it! If I come back to this beautiful town i will stay there again :) The owner and the other worker are very friendly. They also help out with planning your stay and offer trips for fair prices as well.

Nice staff and nice house. Good kitchen and living/dining room. Spacious rooms. The bathrooms had a declining roof, so that you couldnt stand upright in front of the toilet/in one of the showers. The staff organized a suprise birthday dinner for a girl and the rest of the guests with a lovely meal of mussels and seafood. That was a very nice evening!

• 14th Dec 2014

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It has a great homie feeling and the people were incredible. Hot water, comfy beds and great tours! I highly recommend the kayak tour if you want to see some incredible sights and hear some great stories from the hostel owner!

• 12th Dec 2014