Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

Great location, walking distance from the train station and from the colosseum. Free breakfast and pasta dinner every night was the best part! Good place for a single traveller, all of the guests ate dinner out on the patio and everyone made friends. Staff were also friendly and cleaned the hostel every day. Best value for the price!!

The employees were really rude since the first day; when we asked the man at 'reception' for five minutes to get out passports, his response was to take our luggage out until the paperwork was finished, for which he took around 25 minutes to start again. Almost every girl we talked to there felt some sort of harassment from the staff. Hygiene was an issue, too. A girl was bitten above the eye by some bug. Breakfast is bad and cooking is forbidden. DON'T STAY THERE!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

All the staff are great! They are really kind and helpful. There is a breakfast with croissant that i loved and dinner everyday (pasta). I really liked the hostel. And it is very clean.

Pretty run down, not the cleanest place and the beds are solid as a rock. You don't get a key for your room or a key to get in. The staff is nice, free pasta every night and breakfast. Very close ti the train station and metro, easy to get around. All in all its okay. Not the best but not the worst but probably wouldn't stay again.

Great hostel! The youth vibes are there so if you want to meet travellers and other like minded youths this is the place, with free breakfast and supper i was able to spend less than 20 euro on my entire trip there! Fantastic friendly staff. Would and will stay again!

• 4th Apr 2015

Though its location was good, the hostel did not look, smell or feel clean. Especially the bathrooms, seemed dirty all the time. The hallways didn't smell nice. The staff tried to be nice but didn't fully understand English, so it was hard. We were glad we only had to be there two nights.

Wasn't clean and felt like I was trapped a bit

The hostel is walking distance from Termini station but the way was quiet and a bit dark. The hostel smells a bit weird for me and the atmosphere was poor. Anyway, it is the cheapest hostel in town with free breakfast and dinner. What more can we expect- definitely worth the money.

The services provided at this hostel are very appealing; free breakfast and dinner, and this certainly caught our attention. However, breakfast is open for 1 hour only and they often run out of food before that. Dinner is good. For two nights there was no hot running water and guests showered out of buckets. Showers are filthy as is majority of the place . Save your money and time, stay somewhere else.

Place is not very good for staying but ok for sleeping only if expectations are not too high. I arrived at 9 pm with confirmed booking but Indian guy at reception told me that nobody above 35 years of age is allowed to enter his place. In fact there are some small prints I did not read so I recommended him to write this restriction in capitol letters at the very top. After heavy shoutings and curses on him he allowed me to stay and he&rest of staff suddenly became VERY nice for rest of my stay.

Very uncomfortable beds, the only common area was the kitchen which is only open for breakfast until 8:30 am and for dinner from ~8:30-10... Free dinner was nice, pasta with tomato sauce every night, but I wish we could have used the kitchen to maybe make vegetables or something to go with it. Long lock out period during the day. There were good pastries for breakfast.

• 17th Mar 2015

it's a good place and nice cooking, but the people was make noise and the personnel was not disturbing... It's a good place where yu can spaeking with everybody at the lunch time!! good indian cooking!

• 8th Mar 2015

Very dodgy looking. The directions aren't accurate. It's in an apartment block that you can easily pass.

• 7th Mar 2015

The hostel was very very cooperative especially the antonio and asif bhai cooked so good.. i really recommend this to every student.. these guys are really friendly and throw away free parties everyday. haha

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Pakistan

From the moment we arrived on Wednesday until our departure on Saturday, the staff at Marian Guesthouse were extremely welcoming, accommodating, and friendly. They seemed to genuinely want us to have a good stay in Rome, and my friend and I appreciated that they were flexible about letting us in during the official "lock-out" hours. The free breakfasts, dinners, & sangria party on Friday were definitely perks, and we enjoyed meeting other travelers coming from all around the world!

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

The staff is friendly and the place is decent for the cheap price. Really nice that they make you breakfast and dinner, although it's always croissants and pasta, but it will save you some money on food. Kind of weird that you don't get a key for your door, but the staff is there 24/7. Location is nice if you need to get to the train, about 15 min walk from the Colosseum, so not bad.

Small but nice hostel, Metro station 5 minutes by fott away, Termini 10 minutes by foot. Bathrooms are very clean, you can use WIFI and Computer for free. There are Croissants, Donats, Cornflakes and juice for breakfast and the stuff is cooking Pasta every evening for guests for free. Theres a terrace where you can smoke.

It's quite good according to the price. But keep in mind that at lunch time the kitchen is close and for dinner guest are not allowed to cook but only enjoy the pasta party organize by the hostel keeper every evening.

Good place, easy to find next to Roma Termini and next to the metro station. Excellent staff, they make food for the guests and are very friendly, its amazing. Very recomendable.

It was a great experience for me as this is the first time I tried out to stay in a hostel. Staffs were really awesome and entertaining. Its great value for money and close to all important tourist spots. They are very kind and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4