Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

It was one of the best hostels we sayed at. Friendly staff great free pasta dinners and breakfasts and a wonderful atmosphere no more than 15 minutes walk from the coloseum. It was really great!

• 18th Aug 2014

Excellent hostel. Free dinner and breakfast make for a great atmosphere. really friendly staff.

PERFECT I COULDNT TELL ANYTHING WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH

I'm overall satisfied with the stay at Marian's. The staff was nice and the place was quiet. Main problem was the location, but the price is unbeatable!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Albania

The dinner they do, is a perfect way of saving and meeting new people. This is the reason I chose this hostel. The staff also has let me keep my bag there for a whole day, wish they'd let me keep it for one more day since I was out of Rome. But overall, good luck to them !

The rooms weren't fascinating, so we're the showers and toilets. The atmosphere on the terrace was nice and inviting to meet a lot of new people. Included diner and breakfast is a fun way to meet people. Good value for the money

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

The atmosphere was fantastic, all the staff and guests were great fun. You get free breakfast and dinner which was nice and really helps in an expensive city like Rome. The rooms got very hot in the night but the staff kindly brought a fan into the room for us.

First comment I'm leaving on this website because, this hostel deserve it ! it's perfect, we've never met such a nice crew , funny, helpfull, available, dont' know if it's still gonna be the case now, but at that time we even get a nice dinner for free ! It was a wonderfull way how to meet the rest of the guesthouse's occupants :-)

• 9th Aug 2014

I am so happy to live here 5 days, good location which is near by train station, good staff they are so nice !and the best one is they offer free dinner! many people will go together for dinner and before that we always have good talking^^ i like here which such as a big family, and I met many friends in hostel that make me feel good! the weather is hot in Roma and here did not have AC, so you will feel a little bit hot at night.

The staff here are incredible. They have great big fun personalities, and generate a real family feel to the place. Free pastry in the morning, and a free pasta dinner every evening saves you money, and is a great way to get to know the others staying in the hostel. When we had our car broken into, they helped sort us with beds until we could get it sorted. Best suited for younger people, 18-30 for example, though a welcoming atmosphere means everyone will feel at home.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This Hostel is very good for what your paying, the outside furniture needs replacing and maybe some better lighting but for what your paying this hostel is fantastic! Breakfast is a croisant, espresso and some juice, where dinner is some Pasta and sauce, which was surprising and unexpected and it wasnt that bad at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful and always asking if we would like some of their Chai Tea, which is pretty good.

• 4th Aug 2014

The perfect place to meet people for all over the world. All the staff is really cool friendly and funny. I really had a good time there.

An absolutely beautiful atmosphere. Staff was personable, easy-going and helpful. We had a lovely time meeting fellow travelers and enjoying the terrace. The wifi is a little spotty, but that's to be expected for a place this cheap (just sit out in the hallway!) and they serve breakfast AND dinner, which is simply unheard of. For the price this facility was wonderful.... I would've easily paid twice as much. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• 3rd Aug 2014

I don't regret staying there, but cleanliness was my main problem. The rooms are average clean, but that is pretty much the only thing clean. The locations is easily accessible by metro if you don't like to walk. The breakfast that they advertise is actually just a bread with juice, the best thing about this hostel is that they give you dinner (at 20:30, keep it in mind because it disappears) included in the price of the room, that is super cool.

Couldn't wait to leave. the place is in a dingy area. the rooms are a hot box no fans or nothing.

• 1st Aug 2014

Probably the beat cheap hostel in Rome. Four or five bathrooms with showers, Breakfast cornetto with coffee, pasta dinner. Few electrical sockets in the rooms, but plenty in the halls. Mediocre wifi. It is a better deal than other adjacent hostels. There is a lock-out during the day while they clean, and you must remember the city tax of 2 euro per night. But Rome is worth it, and this is the best deal for the money. Location is close to metro and major bus/train station.

Very good place to stay , every day free breakfast and diner... :) ...always hot water in the showers (4) , nice terrace , very friendly staff , you can go in and out of the hostel in any time of the day or night , 5-max10 minutes from the main train station-Termini...big - cheap market 2 min. away...definitely if I go to Rome-will stay there again... Enjoy it ! :)

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Absolutely terrible experience. The receptionist made innapropriate comments about my nationality. Zero privacy in rooms or bathroom, the cleaning staff would barge in at any hour to clean. Not enough lockers for everyone.

Crashing at Marian Guesthouse was definitely a good decision. Alex and Francis are always there to answer your questions with a big smile, making jokes, turning the music on and making breakfast, dinner and even tea for the guests! The hostel is just one metro stop from the central train station, 45 mins walk to the Coliseum; cheap markets, cafes and restaurants around. The neighborhood at night might be a bit creapy but if you follow recommendations, you will be fine even as a solo traveler

If you like to end your stay with bedbucks all over your body, go to this place. The place is very dirty. There is no privacy. There are no lockers. You sleep with 8 people on 16m2. The owners are really strange. And everything is full with bedbucks. Never again for us. The worst hostel we have ever stayed!

• 26th Jul 2014