Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

PERFECT value for the price!

• 11th Sep 2014

hostel gives you quite a lot for little money. The price includes a free breakfast (typically Italian with juice and some sweet snacks) and free dinner (the owners cook some pasta in the evening). The location is not in the centre of Rome but close to Termini from where you can get a cheap 4€ bus to Fiumicino. Plus it s like 1 minute from an amazing ice cream parlour.. negative point: the hostel is not very clean (I suspect they have bed bugs..)

The door has no sign with the name "Marion", but instead, another guesthouse name. It took us quite a while to find it, going up and the down the stairs with big luggages. We were received by Alex, who is a nice guy. The place is in fact an old apartment, with bedrooms for 6-10 people, with barely any space to walk. The worst part is that there is no safe place to leave the luggage, which was really stressful. Bathrooms were not very clean, but could be worse. Would definitely not recommend it.

Where do I start. A terrifying area of Rome. Unclear signage. Cash only payments. No keys. No lockers. No security. Cramped as crazy. Dirty and barely functioning bathrooms. Messy and breaking down outdoor terrace. Creepy staff. Basic pasta dinner. No breakfast (despite promised breakfast). No proper reception. Tiny and dirty kitchen. Nowhere near any shops. My friend and I actually slept with our bags on our beds we were that scared. Would never recommend this place to anyone!!

Crazy and awesome staff and FREE dinner and breakfast. Awesome past and croissants !!! juice coffee and tea you can't beat it. the guys the run the place are friendly and welcoming i would stay there again. good location too a 5 min walk to termini and 20 to colosseum . nice back balcony to eat and chill and research where to go next.

Well, there is 5 hostels in the building, this is the one, Location not far away for the rail station, wifi works in the room, staffs are nice, generally is good.

Couldn't ask for anything more with this hostel, the staff were amazing, really helpful, friendly, and really funny. There was free breakfast and dinner, and sangria! Which is unheard of in other hostels. Facilities clean and tidy. And lockers provided to store valuables. Amazing hostel, one of the best I've been to.

Excellent hostel, staff were amazing. Breakfast included and fantastic free dinner ( never seen that in a hostel)

This hostel was very good. The owners were the best, there was free diner and breakfast and everybody felt at home. We would definitely stay there again if we go back to Rome. Close to the center and supermarkets as well as Rome termini train station.

No keys, no locks or lockers!! although we felt fairly secure..... FREE DINNER EVERY NIGHT - this is the first hostel where a nice single sweet pastry is given for breakfast and a pasta dinner cooked every night, and shooting shots with others given by the owner! Good wifi, but showers were REALLY DIRTY! and i'm not sure they were cleaned in the whole 3 days we were there.

Great facilities , yes there's hot water. They clean everyday but daily lockout in mid day Great wifi reaching to bedrooms. Staff is amazing. Friendly and warm. I am a guy and I had read about the previous comments to be warned if you're a girl... However I stayed 7 days there and observed none of that. In fact everybody seemed to really like them. No bedbugs problems for me. Yes supper (pasta) breAkfeast (pastry) included daily. And of course great price and location, fully recommend

• 19th Aug 2014

Best bang for the buck B&B hostel. It has everything you need with accomadations. The bed is comfortable, the bathroom is clean, and warm water is not an issue. No AC, but we had a cool breeze coming through the window. Best part is the free food. The staff gets a huge box of awesome pasteries (never seen this at a hostel before) every morning and provided OJ, milk, coffee, and tea to go with it. More than that, a free dinner is cooked by Chef every night. Also, a great place to meet people!

It was one of the best hostels we sayed at. Friendly staff great free pasta dinners and breakfasts and a wonderful atmosphere no more than 15 minutes walk from the coloseum. It was really great!

• 18th Aug 2014

Excellent hostel. Free dinner and breakfast make for a great atmosphere. really friendly staff.

PERFECT I COULDNT TELL ANYTHING WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH

I'm overall satisfied with the stay at Marian's. The staff was nice and the place was quiet. Main problem was the location, but the price is unbeatable!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Albania

The dinner they do, is a perfect way of saving and meeting new people. This is the reason I chose this hostel. The staff also has let me keep my bag there for a whole day, wish they'd let me keep it for one more day since I was out of Rome. But overall, good luck to them !

The rooms weren't fascinating, so we're the showers and toilets. The atmosphere on the terrace was nice and inviting to meet a lot of new people. Included diner and breakfast is a fun way to meet people. Good value for the money

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

The atmosphere was fantastic, all the staff and guests were great fun. You get free breakfast and dinner which was nice and really helps in an expensive city like Rome. The rooms got very hot in the night but the staff kindly brought a fan into the room for us.

First comment I'm leaving on this website because, this hostel deserve it ! it's perfect, we've never met such a nice crew , funny, helpfull, available, dont' know if it's still gonna be the case now, but at that time we even get a nice dinner for free ! It was a wonderfull way how to meet the rest of the guesthouse's occupants :-)

• 9th Aug 2014