Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

In last moment had booked this place, is easy accessible from termini station. Staffs are extremely nice, caring and jovial persons in particular Alex and Francis. Breakfast was good, the surprise is they provide free dinner which usually haven't seen around, Bhai the chef cooks wonderful food. They do clean regularly. Facilities needed to make it better place individual lockers, more bathrooms, power sockets and improvement in atmosphere. I feel is completely value for money.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • India

Marian guesthouse has average facilities, something. I expect for a hostel. They don't have locks on any of the rooms and some of the lockers don't work. For us it didn't matter. Because we did not have a ton of stuff worth stealing. Tthe staff members were awesome. They are always awake so you have 24 hour access to the facilities. They made us dinner and breakfast on both of the nights we were there and they staff are really funny! The value for money is pretty awesome for Rome.

There are few toilet. Breakfast was ok and stuff were friendly.

FEMALES BEWARE. There is little privacy (no door locks, staff members enter rooms unannounced) and I felt constantly on guard. One staff member would not leave me alone. One night--while in my room with door shut--he came in. I told him "BYE. I need to sleep now." He would not leave and instead begged me to "drink more sangria." I came to Rome to see the sites, not to be on the defensive even at 'home'.

As name suggests, it is a converted apartment with several rooms for dorms. The 8 share mixed dorm I stayed in was spacious and clean. Standard pillow and sheets, no blanket (but it was hot anyway). Only one working power outlet in the room, but it had a 6 outlet splitter. Lights in good working order, fan semi-broken, no airconditioning. A few complete bathrooms shared between all occupants of hostel. Hot water had not been working for a week when I was there but apparently it usually does.

• 29th Jun 2014

They were kind enough to let us in at around 4am...though I wouldn't recommend walking there at that time of night, as it's in a definitely slightly sketchy area of town near the bus stop. Nothing bad happened to us on our way there, but I definitely wouldn't recommend walking around here late at night. The place itself was clean, safe, and relatively comfortable. We really just came in at 4am and left at 9am the next day so can't really offer much feedback beyond that!

The bedrooms were very cramped. The raidiator was on! Not enough plug sockets. No hot water at all for the duration of our stay. Creepy men walking the hallways and staring into rooms. No linen or sheets, mine was an old CURTAIN!! The lock out time 11-4 was v. inconvenient. Wifi was unusable. Would not recommend staying here if independently or as a pair. They have clearly forgotten to mention in the description that there is a ''massage parlour' next door which only opens up at night time.

No hot water. Bad wifi. Free Sangria and dinner on some days. Creepy staff if you're female. Curtain for a blanket. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here, but if you're looking for more than just a bed and (cold) shower you are better off somewhere else.

Amazing hostel to stay at! Great and very helpful staff. They kept my luggage safely for 2 weeks while I was travelling! Great people and great location.

The hostel is nice, is very near to the city center and you can get walking everywhere. It has a nice kitchen and a very big terrace where you can lounge. When I get there the staff was so nice to me they gave me all the information that I needed.when I booked I didn't know that breakfast was included in the price, so it was a nice surprise for me. The nights that I was there they had party in the terrace where they give you rather pasta or drinks depends on the day. I met so many cool people.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

All of the staff were helpful and kind (particularly Cruise) the free breakfast and evening cocktails were a nice addition. Although the night curfews could at times prove irritating they were necessary to ensure everyone was allowed to sleep well. Great hostel, great staff.

• 20th Jun 2014

Good location for price, main guy a little creepy toward girls. But nothing sketch as far as actual events, nice patio outside I doubt you'll see many other places. Breakfast included (crackers and coffee) which can be nice.

For guys or groups, this hostel is okay; super cheap, well located, and some great bonding among guests. If you are a girl, especially alone, a few members of the staff are extremely creepy. I never felt actually threatened, but it was very unwelcoming to know that you could not go back to the hostel without them following you around talking to you, offering you 'personal tours', giving you random hugs, and saying things like 'be a good girl and give us a good review'. Bleah.

Staying at this hostel was a terrible idea. The experience really devalued my experience of Rome. A lot of people who I met in the hostel agreed with me in that the first thing they did upon arriving at the hostel was sit out in the corridor (for internet) and try and find somewhere out of budget where they could stay. My advice to other travelers would be to avoid this place. You can see the staff tried, however you don't get given a medal in the Olympics for trying do you.

There are no locks on the room doors and no lockers. The rooms and, especially, the bathrooms (only four) were dirty. Free breakfast means a packaged croissant and a coffee. It's located next to the Termini train station and close to some metro stations, which is one nice part, but also the neighborhood is extremely dirty and felt unsafe. The staff of all men hit on the women staying there, and made it uncomfortable. One good thing: they served a free pasta dinner one night.

I stayed in Marian GH for 3 days. They said they offer breakfast and dinner, but didn't tell me only on Sunday to Thursday.... And they got a party on Friday night day, the music was so loud to stay in the hostel. Their are only one plug and socket connector in my room, but we have 8 ppl, need to take turns to use it. The staff said that it's okey to charge it in the kitchen, but its not safe at all. I don't know if it is normal or not, but they charge me extra 2 euro pre night for the Tax.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Not the most comfortable place for female travelers. Staff are all non-european male and the facilities are not very clean, thankfully the discomfort of the small crowded rooms brought the people staying there together.

• 12th Jun 2014

The staff, including the owner himself, have been very kind and helpful. Anthony Cruse, a member of the staff, has been outstanding at meeting our needs. Decent breakfast and dinners were included and it was, overall, a very pleasant stay at Marian Guesthouse.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Brunei

Bablu is one of the best persons ever. He is great to get along. Perfect for anyone that needs to practice their Italian.

The hostel staff is really nice. Every evening we got a free dinner in the common kitchen, where we could also meet people from all over the world and hang out together. The hostel is located in 20 minutes from city center, so that we even didn`t need to use undeground to get to the main city sights. Don`t forget to get you free coffee in the morning, which is by the way rather good)

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts