Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

We booked this hostel despite reading a couple bad reviews. Only sign outside the building was a small tag by the buzzer. No other signs inside to indicate where the hostel actually was. Had to wait 30 minutes because room wasn't ready, at 7:30pm. The Internet was out the entire time and we received no compensation for this. We had to figure out how to pay in exact change. No hot water for showers. Owner repeatedly entered our room without knocking. Doors had no locks, anyone could come in.

The owner and staff are really friendly and always make sure that everything is fine. The free breakfast is nice and the dinners are great. Everyone sits out on the terrace so it's a great chance to meet new people and hang out. Definitely recommend to others considering it's one of the cheapest hostels in Rome. Thanks guys!

I had a wonderful experience staying at the hostel. Very friendly staffs, clean and tidy rooms, awesome kitchen and large terrace to chill around and meet people. Not very expensive, in a very hot location with free breakfast and dinner, so who would say NO. I would strongly recommend it to anyone to Rome. Thanks for the pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Perfect for travelers on a budget! Don't be afraid, the area may seem a little bit lonely but as a solo female i had nothing to worry about once i knew how to move around. -4 blocks away from Vittorio Emanuele metro station & a 35 min walk to the Colosseum- The staff was so helpful and welcoming they made the stay even better. Also free cornetti and pasta everyday!

The water was cold at night when I took the shower. Others are good.

I think this a fine hostel, awesome location, staff who although they don't know the area so well try to help, lovely dinner and (small) breakfast included, terrace open till late. However some fruit at breakfast would be nice, you need your own lock for a locker, there are only four shower rooms and no seperate loos, and there are no keys for the doors. The people I met at this place (we all sat drinking on the terrace) was the best part.

It is on the opposite side of Vatican City/ St. Peter's Basilica, but a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum. I really wished we had stayed somewhere in the middle like by the Spanish steps or near the Vatican. It would've saved some walking/ metro money. The owners were very nice- thanks for the free sangria!! However, the showers were freezing and there was usually a line. All in all, you get what you paid for.

• 24th Sep 2015

This location is great, a 15 minute walk away from the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, and pretty much everywhere else if you don't mind walking. The staff are super friendly, especially Tom Cruise!! Free dinner every night is a great bonus, really yum too. Great way to get everyone together on the terrace. Wifi is a bit patchy in the dorms sometimes. Never really a long wait for the bathroom in the morning. Would definitely recommend.

Great location, great people, great food!

The staff are very friendly Bablu, my host was wonderful. Very easy going, friendly and generous. Makes you a free dinner! The place is very small, but i thought it was cosy and added to the atmosphere. the location is interesting, its good to be out of the mad tourist areas. very local and far more rewarding. and only a 20 minute walk to the landmarks.

We stayed one night and for the one night, it was a cool experience. Delicious free breakfast and free dinner. I was expecting just tea and bread, but they had that, cereal, and pastries. Had some great conversations with fellow travelers in the balcony.

Pleased with the stay, very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere, not the cleanest but nothing to worry too much about, overall it's incredibly good value for money and we would stay again.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel, staff are amazing, seems a bit dodgy at first but it grows on you alot. Free breakfast and dinner! computers to use. wifis okay... Clean. cant use the kitchen to cook. Lots of beds crammed into a room

Members of staff very friendly and always asking us how we were and if we needed something. They offer dinner and breakfast for nothing every day, that´s a really good point with respect to the value for money!:) The hostel was only 20 min walking from the colisseum and only 10 min from Termini Station so the location, unsurpassable!! The facilities could be better, for ex. the showers and the water, they had a big tank but after 6 people having showers the water started to become cold

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Seemed cool when we arrived and we were offered free sangria before we checked in. Unfortunately we were then taken to another hostel which our booking had been transferred to (given no choice or explanation) The other hostel 'Footsteps' was a tiny, dingy apartment with poor security, no common area (other than one chair in the hall..) and a really creepy, inappropriate man on reception. Totally unsafe, not very clean, uncomfortable atmosphere. Worst hostel experience ever.

I stayed 5 nights in this hostel. It's definitely not 74% worth. I spend months in hostels and never experienced something like this. I would not recommend it. I payed between 21-23 euro per night, other people in my room payed just between 13-17 euro- no idea why I payed more. Facility has just 4 bathrooms for estimated 50 ppl. Waited sometimes 20-30 min to use a toilet cause showers and toilets are not separated. It smells cause pipes are to thin for toilet paper so you have to put your use

Stay as you are! Very nice and cozy experience.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff is soo friendly they give you free breakfast and dinner!! They're always worried if everything is ok👍🏽 very close to the train station.

I had a lot of fun staying at this hostel, the free pasta dinner was very delicious, and the free sangria afterwords was an added bonus. The terrace is a perfect place to chill and have a couple of drinks. The staff was very friendly. The wifi works great in the entire hostel. There is 4 bathrooms all with showers. the Rooms are a little compact, not much space to move around. All in all i had a fun time.

Stayed for one night, the atmosphere was a bit different and the showers weren't the best but other than that everything else was okay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7