Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

My stay at this hostel was great!! The staff was great the people were great! Over all a fun experience! I don't regret staying here!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Its great value for money. They have included breakfast as well as dinner in the hostel price itself. The quality of the food is also very good. But only one worst thing is the heaters are not working, so we have to wear the cold jackets everytime.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • India

Great place to stay. I had booked one night and ended up staying 5 nights. Location is good, the hostel is pretty clean (I read some comments about bedbugs, no signs of them during my stay), good value for the money and the best of it: the staff. They really take care iof you. Not to mention I was travelling alone and I had a lot of fun. They really made the difference in my staying in Rome!!! No doubts recommending this place, and I would definitely go back there if I am getting back to Rome.

This hostel should not be included in hostelworld.com . First of all, it has no security, no lockers, litterarly anyone can go in any room at any time. Secondly, the staff is not helpful at all, they didnt even give us a receipt although we have booked AND paid in advance for 2 nights (we paid at our arrival the total amount). Worst of all, we paid for 4-bed room and we came in on our 2nd day there just to see them put another 2 beds in our room!It isn't clean at all, as other reviews suggest!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Greece

I am a UK doctor on a budget holiday. It is an excellent place for such a holiday where you would extend your stay because it is great value for money. The location is excellent- only 10-15 minutes walk from the Rome Termini. Other highlights are excellent staff with good heart always ready to help, newly painted rooms, availability of plenty of bathrooms. Bonus are kitchen for self use, daily free breakfast & hot pasta dinner, makes you feel at home. I am happy to recommend it

Do not stay here~not recommend!!! There is many bedbug~ When I arrived first day I killed one and then two days later I killed eight~nine bedbugs~ I noticed them but they said it came from us. Is this a make sense?? How could we carried many bedbugs with us?? We stayed at hotel everywhere when we went around other city and country except in Rome. Because we had stolen our backpak and wallet. Anyway also room and kitchen and bathroom everywhere dirty~~~

• 29th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Was a good stayed but in the last day my friend found a bed bug and I woke up with some bites.

Great hostel, the staff are really cool and fun giving it a great atmosphere. Made tonnes of friends and the free dinner were amazing for meeting people. I have the fondest memories of this hostel and would definitely stay again. thanks mike you are rock!!

i stayed here 1 day and came late in the night but the staff gave me free pasta in the kitchen party is going peopel sit there and drink and they have free breakfast and for the price i thing its the best its very cheap and iam sure its worth for your money.

Great hostel to stay full of young travellers around the world the best thing is they give you free pasta very day in the evening so you meet many people in that time and chat also they have free breakfast, wifi and very easy to get there near to tremini station and very friendly staffs and they have big smokeing place too if you want to party in rome this is the best place for you.

It was a pathetic hostel. Worst experience across Europe. Never go there. Staff was especially pathetic.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • India

First of all this guest house is very close from the Termini station!!!! just 5 minutes on foot! the atmosphere of here is so free! i like that most. and the staff is so kind and fun guy. i like him! thanx a lot!!! also i like the bread that is offered in morning, and the free dinner! and music is flowing always in here jajaja you won't feel comfortable cuz there are several toilets and beds in here, and opened kitchen and veranda.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

I had a good experience, the hostel is 25 minutes by foot until Colosseo and a problem is there isn't locker to bags, but the price is far enough with breakfast and pasta to dinner.

• 15th Nov 2014

Friendly staff, but also friendly bed bugs.

The staff was definetely nice, even though too ambigous towards girls. There's free breakfast included, which is great (even though the timetable changes according to the poster you read and the staff you ask). Generally speaking the place was dirty, even though it got cleaned on a daily basis. The rooms stank and in the kitchen there was almost no proper chair left to sit on (most of them were broken). Rome is expensive, sure, but given the price I was expecting more.

• 14th Nov 2014

What a good hostel!!! Worker are Very friendly, they give to me not only breakfast but also tasty pasta on dinner!! I want to stay in this hostel if I have a chance to go Rome. 誰にでも親切なホステルで、八時くらいにキッチンに行けば、夜ご飯(ペンネをトマトソースであえたもの)も出してくれます! ここのオーナーはとても気さくで面白い人なので是非話しかけてみてください!日本人大好きなので仲良くしてくれると思います!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Really inexpensive, so you get what you paid for. Not very clean, breakfast is okay, you don't get keys to your room. Stay here only if you are on a tight budget, and need a place to crash for a day or two maximum.

I really enjoyed my stay here in this hostel! The staff were great and funny! The dinner was pasta everyday at 8:30pm and they mixed it up in terms of the sauce that they used. They gave me free sangria every night! The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were clean as well. The kitchen was okay. Internet was not too great but when the night shift guy would arrive, it would be working perfectly! Met really nice people and always felt safe. The guy that works the late night shift is grumpy.

• 13th Nov 2014

the atmosphere was not very good, so i left.i could not stay there. so i recommend to the female travellers to go somewhere else.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Greece

This hostel shouldn't be on HostelWorld. I woke up and I was extremely itchy and had many red spots. I had bed bugs. I moved to a different bed and Alex, a member of their staff, asked why i switched. I told him that I had bed bugs but he assured me that I didn't. That night, I saw a bed bug and showed it to Alex. He took it away and didn't do anything. They know they have bed bugs but they ARE NOT GOING TO FIX IT! I got more bits the second night on the "new" mattress!!! Don't go there!!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7