Marian Guesthouse Reviews

Via Cairoli 101, scala B, Int: 2, Rome, Italy

I really like this guesthouse. Very kind and funny stuff. Lunch in the evening for just €1! Small breakfast in the morning. Hostel like atmosphere and perfect location. Just 5 minutes to walk to the main station.

• 20th Aug 2015

I was very pleased with the atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The dinners every night and the sangria on weekends make it a very good place for meeting fellow travelers. The location is great as it is only a few minutes walk from the stations. My only complaint would be the lack of hot showers and I was under the impression there was no curfew, but we were told to be back at the hostel before 3am on a Sat night. Overall, a good choice...I would definitely recommend it.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

One euro dinner and sangria was really yum and saved us a lot of money! We had some issues with our room but the staff were incredibly helpful and tried their hardest to help us. Great location close to main train station and metro line.

Had a great stay for 6 nights, €1 for a delicious meal each night was a big highlight. Great deck area and very friendly staff attending to your every need.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Most part of the staff was really nice and helpfull . Even when they could not speak a good english they tried their best . The breakfast and the dinner Were a really great idea for meeting new people ! As I was traveling by myself , it was really a great place to socialize . The neighborhood was a little bit scary however , but it is close to termini and to the metro station . In general, this is a very simple hostel , but I would definetly recommend it :)

The location is excellent, most things we wanted to see were about 10-20 min away. The staff was wonderful, very helpful and they kept everything really clean. We were lucky to meet a great bunch of people. All in all we really enjoyed our stay there!! :)

Very good location in in terms of closeness o train station, but can seem a shady area. Staff was great and friendly some people might find them nosy because they ocassionally go into the rooms and ask if everything is ok; but they're only to be nice. Dinner fo 1 euro is great, breakfast is simple but very much appreciated, the social component after dinner was great, you could feel everyone was having a good time.

This place was hard to find with the only sign a tiny note beside the buzzer in a large building and then no directions what floor it was once inside. Close to the main train station which was good but very hot in the rooms.

The hostel is very good, is well located and clean, the stuff are helpful and is really nice to have breakfasts included and dinner for just one euro!!! It helps me a lot to save more money for the rest of my trip!

Hostel was very close to train station. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they were constantly cleaning. Breakfast was included and they provide a cheap dinner if wanted. Was a good place to stay, just very hot!

The 1 euro dinner/sangria party and free breakfast made this the best priced stay we had, the staff were very friendly and willing to help, and the location is great because its only about a 15-20 minute walk to the Colosseum and right next to the Victorio Emmanuel line A metro stop. Things to note: It is very hot (no air con) and their printer stopped working so dont count on it if you need a ticket printed, there are print shops closeby though. Terrace was great also. would recommend.

• 1st Aug 2015

I had a very good time on staying in the hostel

• Finland

Great hostel and very nice staff, they are kind and polite. They kept everything clean. Beautiful terrace there we enjoyed a lot. They have enough lockers to store our things. Breakfast is good and dinner for 1 euro is excellent. I definitely come again here if i come to rome.

• 30th Jul 2015

This is one of the best hostel that i have stayed in europe since so far. Staffs are excellent and good service. location is good, 15 minutes walk to colosseum and city center. I dont know how they are maintaining the cleanliness throughout the day. Such a nice big terrace there we can meet so many people. Dinner for 1 euro is excellent. i would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 30th Jul 2015

overall very good,great vibe and location. we booked for 10 mix dorm but they offered me in 6 mix dorm its really cooool. dinner is 1 euro great deal really worthy.and free roman breaky....close enough to rome central train station..

• 30th Jul 2015

They advertise a full kitchen but you cant use anything. Left early because of all the rules. After 10 there is nothing to do at the hostel as they lock everything up. Just disappointing how they advertise lots of things but dont inform you about any rules. The showers were nice and was clean. It would be a lot better if you knew what you got before you showed up.

You're paying for location with this hostel as its only a 15min walk to the colosseum therefore it is convenient. The atmosphere was great,we met some new people easily as the terrance definitely encourages conversation. That said the rooms were cramped and boiling,the lock out times were inconvenient and if you want a night on the town you getting back in relies solely on weather the receptionist can stay awake. In summary the hostel has great location but in no way is it worth the price.

Staff is amazing. Nice and understanding. Dinner every night for one euro. The terrace closes at 9:30pm which is annoying. They also close the kitchen, which you aren't allowed to cook in around that time too. Other than that good cheap place to stay.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at...

the staff was just amazingly friendly. Free breakfast in the morning, free pasta in the evening - that makes for a great atmosphere. Really enjoyed my time there - see you soon Martin

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7