Marine Tourist Guest House @ Negombo Beach Reviews

No.118 Lewis Place, Beach Road, Negombo, Sri Lanka

The place is fine for a first few nights/last few nights in lanka. Its very accessible, close to the beach. However, also close to a busy road ( dorms at least) which make it a bit noisey. The construction work going on onsite didnt really help with that either. Good enough for a few days, for longer periods there are much better options.

Thanks for sharing your experience with fellow travellers We are doing some renovation work.little bit noisy fro 9 am 5 pm. but it will end soon

It is funtastic places. I was stayed here for two night. The location was really good, it's near to beach and close to a lot of places for eat, souvenir shop and mini market. Its easy to get to the negombo city and airport its only take 20 minutes by tuk - tuk. The dorms was clean and the A/C is really cool. The staff was really friendly and specially the owner and his mother treats me like a family and made feel like home.

Thanks for sharing your experience at Marine with fellow travellers

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff, rooms big and clean with balcony, make awesome coffee if you ask :), AC doesnt really work, pretty loud in the mornings because of the traffic, but i guess thats the same in almost every hostel in negombo..

Thanks for sharing your experience at marine with fellow travelers. At present we are doing some refurbishment and your points highlighted in your review will be considered.

Close to the airport , great place to stay the first night if you are planning travelling. But not much to do in Negombo....

Thanks for sharing your experience at marine with fellow travelers

The staff is very helpful, a good hostel to spend a night when you have to go to the airport, it's only 20mn by Tuk Tuk

The dorms were very nice, clean and exactly like they say online. The location is good (lots of places to eat and short walk to the beach) and easy to get to (most drivers know it). We stayed here our first night in Sri Lanka and the staff was also very helpful in telling us how to get to places and helped give us a few more ideas of what to see on our trip.

Thanks for sharing your experience at marine with fellow travelers

I was disappointed when I found a man laying in one of the beds in what was supposed to be a female dorm. I was told they don't have any female dorms even though that's what my booking said. I was then told that I could get my deposit and find another place. Which after a 16 hour flight was not the best reception I could have hoped for. I then asked for a single guest room and was told there weren't any which was contrary to the online availability.

We apologies, for our inability to give the female dorm as per her reservation. This happened due to peak season. According to the agreement with hostel world, when overbooking incident happened, we have to look for similar standard dormitory in another hostel or return the deposit.But I am sorry to say there is no dormitory available with air-condition and hot water with similar beds in Negombo.The only option was to transfer the guest to mixed dormitory.We don’t offer single rooms.