Marine Tourist Guest House @ Negombo Beach Reviews

No.118 Lewis Place, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Amazing place run by amazing people

Near airport, good location! Cool A/C dorm bed, with locker, power shower, equipped with electrical socket and reading light! Started my trip at a pleasant way, thanks to the boss, gave me an easy & good tips to Anuradhapura and Kandy! Sure will stay here again before return home.

The hostel is perfectly located. You just cross the street and you're on the Beach. The rooms are very clean and the Breakfast delicious. We enjoyed our stay very much and we appreciated a lot the staff!! Very welcoming and very helpful.They gave us very good advice for the rest of our trip especially concerning transports (bus, train, til Turk, etc...) I will definitely recommend this place.

Staff is very distanced and business seems more to be hotel than a guesthouse. Confusing booking overview. There are other stays in Sri Lanka more worth a few days.

Dear Guest We regret to hear that, we always strive to give more privacy and full hand help to guests. Appreciate your further elaboration for us to improve. Regards Nishan /owner Marine Negombo

When we arrived we were told we were overbooked! They had arranged a different guesthouse further along the main street. This was a clean, quiet and fine place but I still think it's very bad service to overbook people that have booked 2 months ahead! Also, we had booked with Marine Tourist Guest House including breakfast and the second guesthouse had staff that didn't speak English so didn't understand our request for packed breakfast in the early morning so we didn't get any...

• 14th Feb 2014

We are regretted this happened due to peak season in Negombo, and all over Sri Lanka, I hope you can understand and we absorbed the cost of transportation from our guesthouse to another, and even made sure you were happy with the replacement room before we left you. You may refer to the agreement with HOSTELWORLD, if overbooking happens; the guesthouse is responsible to ensure a replacement room for the guest(s) in similar or higher standard. We believe Dions guesthouse has a standard and even higher ranking rate than us in Trip advior. Marine Tourist Guesthouse with HOSTELWORLD offer to book room online,and no breakfast included.

A very big plus that the dormitories had lockable lockers for back packs and every bed had it's own socket. Internet was working well in the common areas, it would be nice if it would work in the dormitory as well. Really easy to reach Negombo city from the hostel by bus.

Very helpful but not brilliant english speaking. Then again I can't speak Sri Lankan! Arranged tuktuk to airport for early flight, so cheap I realised how much we'd been ripped off on the way in! Don't pay more than SRu 500 to get from airport to Negombo. When coming out if arrivals terminal turn right walk to end of building and across the road on your left under some trees will be 'relatively' honest tuktuk. Guest house needs booking in advance its always busy!

One night stay in Marine. Good location, near the beach side and restaurant. Big room and good facility.Have airport pick-up service which is very helpful to tourist arrived at midnight.

I stayed 2 nights.the Guest House location is perfect.the bus stop in front of the door and so many restaurants around.The dorm is very clean,air condition working well and the shower was the best i ever had in Sri Lanka.you can even use the kitchen. The owner can arrange a day trip to duballel and sigriya.

Not a very social place at the time I was there, but really clean and nice. AC is really rare among sri lankan hostels, I appreciated that!

Plus: 1. Location (5 mins walk to Negombo beach and 5 mins tuk-tuk to rail station) 2. Spacious room with satellite TV and an attached toilet 3. Mosquito nets provided. Minus: 1. Although highly rated by many travellers, it felt like we were the only ones staying at the hostel. 2. There was construction going on at the back but that didn't really affect us too much.

The best shower I had in all of ASIA!!! The manager is seriously the nicest, most helpful person on the entire Island. He looked after me from the get-go, up graded my room, helped out with buying tips etc etc. This would be the only place I'd stay again in Negombo. went to the Topaz after a few nights and it was 4 times the price and half the fun.

A big thank you to the staff of the Marine Tourist Guest House who were very accommodating, allowing us to check in early, storing our bags and giving valuable advice about our onward journey. We had a great stay in this accommodation and would recommend to fellow travelers.

Great views for our four-poster room on the top floor. Lovely to sit and people watch. Bar nearby and small shop opposite for water and snacks. Beach and restaurants within walking distance. They are adding another floor so there is some building noise during the day.

View all Negombo Bed and Breakfasts