Marine Tourist Guest House @ Negombo Beach

Fabulous 261 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 261 Total Reviews

13th Apr 2017

Very nice place, very nice owner!

• lauraheather
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Mar 2017
7.4

A decent place for a stopover before a flight. Can't beat the price, and the AC in the dorm room is a welcome treat. Lots of mosquitos in the common area and pretty terrible wifi, but we didn't end up spending much time in there so it wasn't really any issue. Nice friendly restaurant just next door too.

Thanks for staying and sharing your experience at Marine.We offer 24 hour air conditioning and hot shower in our dormitories .WIFI is free and its shared.We have request guest, not to down load movies and heavy files,which affect the other users.But some does not follow our request.So other users may have difficulty.When you paying 7 US $ per bed and having all above facilities,we are unable to provide each individual a dedicated WIFI connection.Our lobby is full of natural air.So we keep doors open. Sri lanka is tropical country and you cannot find a location, that does not have mosquitos. Its common to use mosquito repellent and it it works 100 %

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

I loved my stay here! I got an uber from the airport as it was the cheapest option, roughly 425 rupees. Short walk to the beach and a few good food options nearby. Rooms were great, clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 5am, double room wasn't ready/ still occupied, the lovely staff let me pay a reduced fee to sleep in the female dorm for a few hours. Got tuk tuk to Negombo town to the market & again to train station the morning I left - 150 rup

Thanks for sharing your experience at Marine. You do not need to book expensive airport transfers,since UBER taxi will cost RS.425. Its only 20 minutes journey from airport

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2017

Sumith was extremely helpful, the hotel was in great condition. Clean, comfortable bed, located near to the beach and has a lovely common room where you can meet people! I highly recommend this place, great value for the money and friendly people that work here.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Mar 2017
8.0

We stopped over here after our flight to Colombo. Room was comfy and had a/c what helped to sleep in the first place. Seafood restaurant next door was very tasty, only the surroundings of the hostel were quiet sleazy by night, it wasn't possible to find the beach and people told us not to go there at night.

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2017

I highly recommend this place for anyone whos travelling to sri lanka.I stayed here for a long time,the staffs are so nice they treat you as family! Clean rooms and nice ambience made me really comfortable

Thanks for sharing your experience.

15th Mar 2017

Great hostel if you're in negombo for the first or last few days of your trip. Clean and super friendly staff that's very helpful. Clean rooms. WiFi didn't work in dorms though. Beach is only 3 min away, but not a nice beach! I would come back here!

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
11th Mar 2017

This hostel has got to have the best price & location in Negombo. I arrived in Colombo airport at the unholy hour of 1am so I didn't hesitate booking a bed space for only $7!! Marine was just 15 minutes away by taxi. Comfy bed with good,airconditioning. I slept soundly despite having fellow female travellers in the dorm room. When I woke up and walked around, I was surprised guest house was just few steps to the beach and had these quaint restaurants beside it. Location & pricing are tops!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017
7.7

Nice Place when you arrive at the airport. Not that much to see, but you can visit the fish market and relax at the beach, that is only 3 minutes away. Perfect to start or end your trip. Never received an answer concerning airport transfer, so don't plan with it.

Getting to marine is Super Easy Marine is 12 km from colombo airport you can take UBER taxi for US $ 4 from colombo airport to Marine and takes only 20 minutes.Noi need any plans

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2017

Very welcoming accommodation to settle into for our first night in Sri Lanka. The staff were very hospitable, making us tea upon arrival and helping with general queries. The room was very generous in scale and cleanliness. We enjoyed the natural light that shone through the large west facing window/balcony. The accommodation is located within close proximity to the beach, restaurants and other attractions. I'd suggest this as a highly suitable spot for a night or two upon arrival/departure.