Marine Tourist Guest House @ Negombo Beach Reviews

No.118 Lewis Place, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff, rooms big and clean with balcony, make awesome coffee if you ask :), AC doesnt really work, pretty loud in the mornings because of the traffic, but i guess thats the same in almost every hostel in negombo..

Close to the airport , great place to stay the first night if you are planning travelling. But not much to do in Negombo....

The dorms were very nice, clean and exactly like they say online. The location is good (lots of places to eat and short walk to the beach) and easy to get to (most drivers know it). We stayed here our first night in Sri Lanka and the staff was also very helpful in telling us how to get to places and helped give us a few more ideas of what to see on our trip.

Thanks for sharing your experience at marine with fellow travelers

I was disappointed when I found a man laying in one of the beds in what was supposed to be a female dorm. I was told they don't have any female dorms even though that's what my booking said. I was then told that I could get my deposit and find another place. Which after a 16 hour flight was not the best reception I could have hoped for. I then asked for a single guest room and was told there weren't any which was contrary to the online availability.

We apologies, for our inability to give the female dorm as per her reservation. This happened due to peak season. According to the agreement with hostel world, when overbooking incident happened, we have to look for similar standard dormitory in another hostel or return the deposit.But I am sorry to say there is no dormitory available with air-condition and hot water with similar beds in Negombo.The only option was to transfer the guest to mixed dormitory.We don’t offer single rooms.

Booked in to this hotel in Negombo rather than Colombo from the airport as it's only 20mins away and a lot nicer than the hectic city and traffic if Colombo. The staff were friendly and let us get on with things. Room was clean, no complaints.

Fantastic place.