Markale Reviews

M. M. Baseskije 9, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Emina is a great lady, helping you all the time about the attractions and the organization of trips. Thanks a lot.

Very kind staff, good atmosphere, perfect location!

The receptionist was very helpful. The kitchen was well-equipped. My room facing the street (next to the kitchen) was rather noisy, and the bathroom had a smell and the shower-head holder was broken though.

Wonderful stay! My partner and I stayed in the private room with ensuite bathroom. It had the comfort and privacy of a hotel but with the value and facilities of a hostel. The location was amazing, right next to the covered market and a 5-10 minute walk from the heart of Old Town. I can't recommend Markale Guesthouse enough. Adnan was incredibly helpful as well, he answered by numerous questions before my visit promptly and informatively.

Adna was a great host and he was VERY helpful in helping me understand what is going on. Very friendly and a great help to guests.

• 12th May 2014

New, clean, nice. Nice staff, very good value for money even for Bosnia.

The hostel is placed very close to the old city (Bacarsja) in one of main streets. Easy to access by tram (stop: Katedrala. Maps and leaflets available. Rooms very nice (new furniture, modern) and clean. We had room with shared bathroom but there were not many people so we used it with no problems. There is possibility to leave a luggage but only till 5pm as then the staff finish work. We could though stay till evening - to drink a tea and use bathroom (as our bus was at 10pm).

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hayriye is great...

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Excellently located within a few minutes walking distance to all places of interest in Sarajevo (Old town, walking tracks, Supermarket, bars and cafes, etc). Room was clean, spacious and comfortable.

nice staff and a good hostel, good pick for Sarajevo

• 21st Mar 2014

Nice little hostel in a perfect location. Within short walking distance from everything. Very nice and helpful staff. Clean rooms, bathrooms and common room. Liked the heating in the room since it was quite chilly when I was in Sarajevo. Would definitely stay there again.

View all Sarajevo Bed and Breakfasts